Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Can't have a community garden without a community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
The local independent fruit and veg place where I am kinda sucks, very little to differentiate from Woolies. They’re trying to sell the business but I’m not sure it’d be worth anyone buying it in the current economy

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Off to Dreamhack because one of the nephews begged me to join them. Pray for Mojo.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
It's moving day and I've had two breakdowns by 10:15 im hoping my weed guy gets back to me soon BC I'm gonna need to get really stoned about it later tonight

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
If it helps prevent any more you do get to play adult tetris a few times today. Possibly with some large, rough men you've hired.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i cleaned my mouse and somehow made it smooth scroll instead of ratchet

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Funky See Funky Do posted:

If it helps prevent any more you do get to play adult tetris a few times today. Possibly with some large, rough men you've hired.

I play adult Tetris for work on a daily basis so it's not appealing in the same way sending emails probably isn't appealing to office workers. Thankfully we did hire some beefy Nepalese dudes to do a lot of the heavy stuff but now I'm doing dump runs which is normally a great source of joy but has turned to ashes in my hands

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
at least no one will poo poo in your cool room today

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

It's moving day and I've had two breakdowns by 10:15 im hoping my weed guy gets back to me soon BC I'm gonna need to get really stoned about it later tonight

God speed, goon. Moving sucks poo poo in the worst way

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Regular Wario posted:

at least no one will poo poo in your cool room today

Look we don't know that but you're right that it won't be my problem for another four days if they do

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Surely they wouldn't leave the poo poo in the cool room for four days

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Look we don't know that but you're right that it won't be my problem for another four days if they do

If the making GBS threads in the cool room stops only when you're not there, I think we've got a key suspect in the case.

:thunk:

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
you need a motivational plaque

In This Coolroom
(bunch of fonts)

av #4 lol

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

moving is a form of death

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
material desire is a bumfull of grubs

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Can we explore each other's bodies?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
jester has the z shape tetromino for a dick

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Please, it's the cube

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Oi jestery how'd the fudge go?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Plans got delayed and it's cooling now

I'll let you know

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It’s a beautiful day out so I am of course spending it in my darkroom.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
At Dreamhack, and gotta say not too impressed. Feels like a small con spread out over a large venue to hide it. If this was at Showgrounds or Jeff's Shed, it'd fill a single bulding comfortably. Instead you spend a lotta time wandering around the mezzanine corridor of Rod Laver Arena trying to find where anywhere is.

Not a whole lotta vendors, aside from Artist's alley, and the selections in the free games arcade is pretty tiny. The stock at the big vendors is pretty narrow too. It's certainly a thing to spend a day at, but I'd say save your money for PAXAUS, Supanova, and/or the Crunchyroll Expo instead.

Even the "Food Trucks" area is all of two trucks, which I know is a small complaint but just feels like it exemplies the issues.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 27, 2024

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Megabound posted:

It’s a beautiful day out so I am of course spending it in my darkroom.

Is people frolicking in a pond under a waterfall the perfect image of human happiness? It's so timeless. I bet if you set up a time laps camera there 20,000 years ago you'd see nearly that exact same image constantly flickering in and out like stars in the playback.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
made myself sad because i had the fleeting thought of going to the video shop and renting some movies

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Dunno if this helps anyone, but we were at Bunnings yesterday and they were clearing out their air conditioners. They were all 500$ so we got a 2000$ air conditioner for 500$

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Salutations from mattress mountain

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Look I know you've had a hard day but you need to find the nicest chair at the tip and perch it atop mattress mountain. It'll be dangerous climbing up there especially if the best chair is a recliner or a big leather couch but

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

At Dreamhack, and gotta say not too impressed. Feels like a small con spread out over a large venue to hide it. If this was at Showgrounds or Jeff's Shed, it'd fill a single bulding comfortably. Instead you spend a lotta time wandering around the mezzanine corridor of Rod Laver Arena trying to find where anywhere is.

Not a whole lotta vendors, aside from Artist's alley, and the selections in the free games arcade is pretty tiny. The stock at the big vendors is pretty narrow too. It's certainly a thing to spend a day at, but I'd say save your money for PAXAUS, Supanova, and/or the Crunchyroll Expo instead.

Even the "Food Trucks" area is all of two trucks, which I know is a small complaint but just feels like it exemplies the issues.

Yeah I know what you mean.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Salutations from mattress mountain

i think you mean fort adventure

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Same reason music festivals are being cancelled. The state has worked hard to create massive unemployment and a recession. punters and businesses have no money, no customers.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Bald Stalin posted:

Same reason music festivals are being cancelled. The state has worked hard to create massive unemployment and a recession. punters and businesses have no money, no customers.

Is that why the new Taylor Swift album is so bad?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Yeah I know what you mean.

You're here too, huh? The food's also pretty tepid, your choices are;

A $20 burger and chips, equivalent to a Macca's cheeseburger and small fries.

A $20 Fried chicken burger and small fries.

Fried chicken (1) and chips.

The two food trucks (one serves chai tea, the other dumplings, both total selectioms eclipsing the other in-stadi venues)

A hot dog.

Granted, most are the venue stadium food places but also half those places are closed so the choices are pretty small.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
No I went last year. Do they at least have the archery still? that was great fun.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Spent my morning mowing all of the leaves off the grass outside. Should have started doing it a couple of weeks ago cause it took loving ages to do with all the catch emptying. I'd happily leave them on the ground but the old bloke who mows the neighbours lawn starts mowing the road if I don't get rid of them

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
a hot dog???

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I went to the st Andrews market.
It's full of hippies, after covid and everything I can't see them as harmless anymore. The vibe there is anti vax, permaculture eco fascist mixed with rich Yarra valley wankers. And the stink of desperation that hangs over all those kind of markets where people sell homemade soap and poo poo jewellery with feathers

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

No I went last year. Do they at least have the archery still? that was great fun.

Yeah, they had a whole LARP/Renfaire area outdoors near the Creators building.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Yeah it's been pretty mid. It's a lot bigger this year than the previous year, but it doesn't quite know what it wants to be. For something that is supposed to be very esports focused, the only esports events are LoL and CS2, and they're on in weird blocks. Mix between Supanova and PAX, but smaller than both, with a lot less stuff to do and sponsored Kick streamers all over the place. Small chillout area, small side stage for speed runners, nowhere near enough places to sit. The tickets were cheap though so it's packed. $50 for three days during prerelease whereas someone told me PAX is like $175 a day or some poo poo this year?

The niece and nephew are happy though. Nephew was super keen for me to come but has spent all day with his mate? I don't understand teenagers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
$75 for a daily, $175 for the weekend pass for PAXAUS this year.

Also I honestly canot fathom what you'd get out of a weekend pass at Dreamhack, I saw all there was to offer in about an hour. And it really did feel like it all only existed as a big advertisement for Kick. Like literally their Crestor panel was just about how good Kick is and badmouthing other platforms as the devil.

The only real draw event I could see for anyone was the Hololive concert, which isn't my thing but I get the appeal, and even then that's still Friday and Sunday with not a lot to see event-wise.

Like, the Speedrunning stage was pretty embarrassing compared to PAX. Its all multi-hour blocks for less than ten games in a day, and who wants to sit down for over an hour watching someone main-quest, no-glitch, Skyrim at a convention? PAX's, by comparison, lines up a whole lot of games to be quickly knocked out in interesting ways to keep things rotating and the momentum high.