Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Someone I know kept bugging me to join her local Men's Shed which was quite a long distance away from me and it would have been a real pain in the rear end to drag myself over there, it later occurred to me that she's been leaning on them to make stuff for her and she just wanted to lock me in as slave labour for her pet projects

she wants you to make a sex chair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
good for harmful ideation
bad for daydrunk

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Before i joined, my op shop used to make woven sleeping mats for the homeless, which i thought was really cool & wanted to try myself, but they stopped cause most people never finished them

Were those the mats woven out of old plastic bags? I always wondered if homeless people actually wanted those at all

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Infinitum posted:

How does one use their obsessive cleaning & sorting skills for evil?

Asking for a friend

You could sort the good from the bad and then clean up evidence of the holocaust for starters.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Were those the mats woven out of old plastic bags? I always wondered if homeless people actually wanted those at all

No, ours were made from clothing. Just googled the plastic ones tho, those are err unusual

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
After seeing two techbro looking guys sipping wine on the veranda of one of the many air bnb places around here while their Tesla charged out front I've decided to start a grass roots anti-airbnb campaign.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
does that mean firebombs?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Remember kids: Adding in styrofoam makes the molotov stick

One weird trick The Man doesn't want you to know

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

~Coxy posted:

Please find the person who sorts books by spine colour and shoot them for me.

All instagram influencers, you got it :jihad:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Weird question but:

the force that holds atoms against each other is the coulomb force isn't it?

Like, if you had a lump of pure carbon, regardless of its lattice (like the difference between diamond and graphite), the actual force holding the atoms in that shape is the coulomb force? The force that would basically stop a lump of carbon just flattening out to a 1 atom high layer under the force of normal gravity.

I don't think its the strong or weak nuclear forces since that's subatomic internal atom structure and fission respectively.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Non Compos Mentis posted:

does that mean firebombs?

What am I clubsnsw? There are other options to exhaust first.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Carth Dookie posted:

Weird question but:

cum force

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What am I clubsnsw? There are other options to exhaust first.

ahhh pierce the battery of the tesla, i like your way of thinking

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Carth Dookie posted:

Weird question but:

Like, if you had a lump of pure carbon, regardless of its lattice (like the difference between diamond and graphite), the actual force holding the atoms in that shape is the coulomb force? The force that would basically stop a lump of carbon just flattening out to a 1 atom high layer under the force of normal gravity.

I don't think its the strong or weak nuclear forces since that's subatomic internal atom structure and fission respectively.

where do you think you are posting right now

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

that chick rules

Donnie rules too, a very willing whisky drinker who nevertheless got up early every Saturday to host a Sydney only, then national, music magazine-style show. Very early memories of him in the late 70s early 80s wheeling in just the best weirdos and proper talent too. When dad would get up to watch it too he would duck out straight after to the local 'record bar' as they liked to call the small shops back then.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

well why not posted:

where do you think you are posting right now

outer space. :350:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Infinitum posted:

How does one use their obsessive cleaning & sorting skills for evil?

Asking for a friend

It's 5 am on a Saturday. "Get up, you have to start scrubbing the shower. Be done by 8, I have a list you need to get through by the end of the day."

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's 5 am on a Saturday. "Get up, you have to start scrubbing the shower. Be done by 8, I have a list you need to get through by the end of the day."

"And the piano sounds like a carnival, and the microphone smells like a beer"

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Carth Dookie posted:

Weird question but:

Are you thinking of covalence? It's a form of fairly strong inter-atomic bond. Coulomb is a unit of electrical charge.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

ili posted:

Are you thinking of covalence? It's a form of fairly strong inter-atomic bond. Coulomb is a unit of electrical charge.

Yes it's a unit of charge but also it references coulombs law which calculates the force between 2 electrically charged particles at rest. I think it was electrostatic force aka coulombs force I was thinking of after all.

Edit: actually no, now I'm not sure. drat.

Wait yes. The coulomb forces of the positively charged nucleus keep the atoms from colliding, in resistence to gravity, and at a distance to allow a covalent chemical bond.

The second vape helped.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 30, 2024

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Light on my feet, so I can slam it down fast.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jestery posted:

"And the piano sounds like a carnival, and the microphone smells like a beer"

I always thought it was "carnivore".

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
You know your oldest kid is a True teenager when Easter egg hunt VS sleep and sleep in wins.

Also those bunny trail stickers are gonna be a bitch to get off the floor.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

cum force

ahhh pierce the battery of the tesla, i like your way of thinking

don't worry, that'll naturally happen before long

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Funky See Funky Do posted:

After seeing two techbro looking guys sipping wine on the veranda of one of the many air bnb places around here while their Tesla charged out front I've decided to start a grass roots anti-airbnb campaign.

Not even in the top 3 reasons for an anti-brb campaign.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
HR made us do an easter egg hunt in the office on thursday

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
there should be identity card/document destroyers in libraries

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

gently caress me dead, ita a hard life

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
put the tabasco in your chardy

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

HR made us do an easter egg hunt in the office on thursday

Dress up in an old British explorer's outfit, complete with jodhpurs, pith helmet and shotgun. Refer to Easter eggs as 'dangerous blighters'.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!
Nap Ghost

I don't know what your saying here.
That was just MTV in the '90s

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
it was the late 70s and hilarious live
It also underlined the fact that oxford st had better drugs and were having a lot more fun than the punters and bogans.
Also about 18months before AIDS hit the fan and Sydney was rocking hard

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!
Nap Ghost

Carth Dookie posted:

outer space. :350:

Ha ha! Lol!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
a frenchman fried these potatoes?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Pinch and a punch cunts

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
White rabbit, dickhead, I am protected.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

If I was a mod I would have posted that I was freeing nvj and then log off until midday

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The Aussie drag queen on the latest international season of drag race did really well and also introduced Americans to the phrase 'kick it in the dick' and 'gently caress a duck' and I have never been so close to being proud to be Australian in my life.

He also looks like a wharfie with collagen lip work and alopecia lol

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 1, 2024

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

If I was a mod I would have posted that I was freeing nvj and then log off until midday

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I've been limping badly since yesterday because my knee is killing me.

What did I do? Apparently I slept wrong :sigh:

Yes, it's not just a meme, it's real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jezza of OZPOS posted: