Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I'm also so confused by the flaccidity of his message: "Drag queens are not for kids" is hardly a protest. Like if you're going to push a hetero-normative agenda and then take your own life at least do something more compelling than breaking up a program aimed at childhood literacy. Anyway's that's all I've got to say on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I mean the dude was openly gay so it’s not a huge surprise he killed himself tbh. There’s a huge internalised self-hatred that gay men who don’t ‘act gay’ have for themselves. Often it’ll manifest in them treating men they sleep with like absolute poo poo, or sometimes they act out against (relatively) systemic expressions of femininity like drag queens. It’s really sad he killed himself and I’m not enjoying this story being news but it’s completely unsurprising at the same time

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Like if I’m going to shitpost about it I would probably say ‘lmao this kid realised he blew a career in politics and any chance of anonymous Grindr hookups at the same time’ but that feels kinda cheap

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

being queer in australia loving sucks and being punished for the crime of existing is just so wrong the best thing that could come out of this is some awareness of lgbt+ suicide rates but i'm under no illusions of people giving a poo poo about that.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I wasn't aware he was gay, JFC.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

namaste

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
oh hello new thread how ya goin?

yeah good thanks

I can't believe it's 4pm and my cat hasn't come in to remind me his dinner is at 3:30 (it's at 5)

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Rate my chop bowl lads

Operation Leafy greens sustainability continues well 15 plants now I think

I don't need any more, if anyone in the Brisbane area would like a cutting please let me know

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

loving art

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
I only feel sorry for the train driver he probably saddled with PTSD.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I mean the dude was openly gay so it’s not a huge surprise he killed himself tbh. There’s a huge internalised self-hatred that gay men who don’t ‘act gay’ have for themselves. Often it’ll manifest in them treating men they sleep with like absolute poo poo, or sometimes they act out against (relatively) systemic expressions of femininity like drag queens. It’s really sad he killed himself and I’m not enjoying this story being news but it’s completely unsurprising at the same time

A shame he killed himself, but was still an rear end in a top hat.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

he probably goaded more people into suicide for being themselves than I’d care to think about so I don’t want to get too deep down the empathy hole for him but the narrative that he killed himself bc of twitter deeply pisses me off

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Isaac posted:

Went to the knock shop with damaz and the brothel madam knew him so well she hugged him as he left

I think I remember you liveposting putting that guy in a cage in an old thread

Caption Yaypants
Jun 12, 2013
Howitgoingshitcunts

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Was

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

The_Continental posted:

I hope that's not the case. The amount of mental gymnastics it takes to conclude that drag queens are somehow responsible for this is pretty wild.

*gets popcorn*

it took like 2 seconds I guess they had their stretches done:

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/drag-queen-protest-has-tragic-fallout/news-story/e32fba37f6341b2ff48c5122704f6016

bonus to the news.com.au article for not mentioning once that he suicided (while slyly indicating that his death was directly linked to his bullshit at the library) yet having the gall to link beyondblue at the bottom:

https://www.news.com.au/national/qu...2370ae1721b96b4

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Driver will get a year off paid, with paid counselling

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Kharnifex posted:

Oh poo poo I killed someone oh poo poo what the gently caress.

The guy was a major rear end in a top hat.

Oh ok no dramas.

Also heres a year's wages.

Top stuff!

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Dunno if it works like that, poor driver :(

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I blame the parents for naming him after a volleyball

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

hambeet posted:

shoulda been called the cuntinental

No business in the cuntinental

Unless they're korgs mum

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

tardwrangler posted:

I blame the parents for naming him after a volleyball

Never trust someone with a first name as a last name or a last name as a first name or both at the same time

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Remove Sydney, insert Melbourne.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

The bloke in the toilet stall next to mine is on the phone so I'm making sure to fart as loudly as possible.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://i.imgur.com/pZSe4eL.mp4

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

tithin posted:

Remove Sydney, insert Melbourne.

For sure; we shalt overtake the city and I have reserved Kirribilli house once we get the stank out of the carpets then there’s gonna be quite a housewarming there ASAP

*much stank to be stonked who is bringing the purple broccoli?

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Kharnifex posted:

Fake news

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

holding a bong to my mouth, filtering and bubbling the bushfire air through an unlit conepiece

seriously though it actually irritates my chest and throat like crazy

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

McSpergin posted:

Never trust someone with a first name as a last name or a last name as a first name or both at the same time

My nan always said not to trust people with 2 first names and this rule has served me well.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Did we ever find out what black capsicums are

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Had crazy stress dreams last night of starring in a school production of Aladdin

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Had crazy stress dreams last night of starring in a school production of Aladdin

Were you Jasmine or Aladdin?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

naeka posted:

My nan always said not to trust people with 2 first names and this rule has served me well.

A guy at uni used to say two front names

Still valid

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I found out via work thati t's pretty common for indian folks to have the same first name nad last name, what's the deal there?

that's not me being racial, I'm genuinely curious

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Isaac posted:

Did we ever find out what black capsicums are

No :(

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

McSpergin posted:

A guy at uni used to say two front names

Still valid

The generic name for someone with two first names is Smithy cos they're in need of a last name

Or maybe it's kinda like how we call red haired people Bluey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Knew a guy in america whose first name was John Mark, they're so hosed up over there