Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
bobby cannavale is a treasure and also her husband but i am pretty sure they live in new york so lol australian property market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Safe to remove unless you're doing something advanced with lights or customisation

It's lights and custom poo poo like making the "w" key on your keyboard run a tiny macro instead of being W, or maybe potentially running fingerprint scanners or some poo poo, but 99% of what services can do is covered by the default windows drivers.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
We've got a parcel that's pinged back and forth from the airport three times now. The AI won't send it to a human until it's been lost another week.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
i decided i'd rather have 4x faster internet than :10bux: let's fuckin gooooo

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
rainbow paddle pops the actual sleeper hit of childhood

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

My Big Brother idea is to play things as normal for the first 20 days or so, then stop all interactions.

Give them another day and cut the power.

Then wait.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Set

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I fondly remember all my childhood huntsman experiences cos all I get inside now are redbacks and whitetails and they can both absolutely get hosed

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Anything that's a lifelong condition where the dose is unlikely to waver should be like 2-5 years, however often your age is meant to get big checks done. If I only need a pap every 2 years you can loving relax about my thyroid and not make me come back every 6m.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I made the mistake of running the AI self checkout with a bunch of produce and it's a loving poo poo show. Way to make people avoid your cost cutting measures.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
it's because the femme is supposed to be barefoot in the kitchen not off doing masc poo poo like work

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

bee posted:

eBay have an option now where if you're a seller, you can remove a certain amount of negative feedback per month. As a buyer, it's annoying because I've had one or two purchases recently where the item I've gotten hasn't been as described in the listing and while I've managed to get refunds and return the items after I requested intervention from eBay, the seller has been able to delete my feedback. What's the point of having a feedback feature if sellers can just remove anything negative?

Not quite the same but negative reviews on Amazon has something where the review stays up but comes with a banner to the effect of "Amazon provisioned the item so this feedback doesn't count". Which is all well and good for delivery problems but shonky when it's applied to "item not as described", so basically there's also no moderation of that system at all.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

bee posted:

Someone with the same first name, middle initial and last name as me has registered the non dotted version of my Gmail address and occasionally I get their emails. Which means they're probably getting ones meant for me as well, I guess? I mainly use that email for job applications though so I can't imagine getting to read all the rejection emails I got circa 2019-2022 would have been much fun.

It's better/worse than that - they *think* they registered the non dotted version, they're just regularly giving out the wrong email.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

sick of Applebees posted:

My company just announced a roll out of a new email signature recently (which has since taken place), but they didn't even test it against dark mode.

So the email I got where they signed off with it, I couldn't read poo poo in the section where it says their name and role and business links lol

IT Dept:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Not being able to filter out marketplace stuff is loving criminal. Bunnings half arses it by letting you filter for in stock at your store, but I'll go to other stores! Don't make it weird!

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Have used ublock and Firefox for years, thought that was on the hit list when Google did their 'adblockers hurt our billions of profit dollars'. Or did they end up losing that?

Was also mainly for kids who use the app on their tablets, phones and TV which I REALLY don't want to have multiple ads bullshit for them just to watch a 10 minute video.

I've developed a visceral hatred of the advertising tsunami the net has become.

You want NewPipe

You have to download it from them directly and allow app sources from your device storage to install it but it's good

https://newpipe.net/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
all the apartments we've lived the exhaust fans have been so fuckin piss weak we have to leave it on 24/7 just to slow down the mould enough that we can keep on top of it.