Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Elite posted:

I thought the first couple of chapters were the weakest.

The whole sequence of:
-Getting exiled from her family
-Accidentally stumbling into extreme arcane power
-Heading to a nearby town to become an adventure and get a guild card

I must’ve ALREADY read 50+ times. And sure some of that is on me for having terrible taste, but it makes it impossible to care about the setup.

But some of the later stuff like accidentally taking over an evil cult caught me off guard.

I don't disagree there; I've seen this exact same setup so many times that they all kind of blur together. And I think the author knows that too, since they don't seem to be taking it all that seriously either. Lord knows we've already seen plenty of "serious" stories that feature people whose power is internet shopping/access, and one (really good) story about having access to your world's strategy guide.

However since it largely seemed to be a joke manga I didn't mind just going along for the ride with the cliches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its a stupid fun thing to read

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
some good sensible chuckles

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Null Meta
I really like the "bliss" face

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
heck yeah

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Otoyomegatari

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Highly recommend that series for the art alone. The author/artist (Mori Kaoru) also has a few other mangas focusing on maids, if that's you jam. Similar high quality art.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Class no Daikirai na Joshi to Kekkon Suru Koto ni Natta (I’m Getting Married to a Girl I Hate in My Class) chapter 21.2

this series just flies between extreme tsundere romcom and just absolute insanity

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

OH poo poo

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

https://mangadex.org/title/596e14bb-a7eb-4aad-8a0e-8ecc854fd4a8/shiretto-sugee-koto-iteru-gal-shiritsu-paranomaru-koukou-no-nichijou

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
frieren

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

anjou-san

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nitrousoxide posted:

Highly recommend that series for the art alone. The author/artist (Mori Kaoru) also has a few other mangas focusing on maids, if that's you jam. Similar high quality art.

Ah that's the same one that did Emma, its a fantastic romance set in Victorian England.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

CommieGIR posted:

Ah that's the same one that did Emma, its a fantastic romance set in Victorian England.

And also A Bride's Story. She can do amazing stuff with a pen.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Blue Footed Booby posted:

And also A Bride's Story. She can do amazing stuff with a pen.

The manga that sparked the original comment was Otoyomegatari = A Bride's Story, but yes.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Suleman posted:

The manga that sparked the original comment was Otoyomegatari = A Bride's Story, but yes.

I forgot which English title that one went with. :eng99:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Komi-san Can't Communicate

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Dungeon Friends Forever

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Ballpark de Tsukamaete!

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

[Girl Meets Rock!]

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Monmusugo!: Living in Another World with the Strongest Monster Girls with Translation Skills

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Centuria, chapter 6.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Houkago Kitaku Biyori

I love this series more each time it updates.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sakamoto Days kicks rear end

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Source: Houkago Kitaku Biyori

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Tosk posted:

Centuria, chapter 6.

Hmm. This manga is interesting, as a sort of a combo of Chainsaw Man and Berserk sensibilities. Although it kinda jumps the shark by doing a Berserk sacrifice type scene in the first chapter. You gotta build to that....

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Ccs posted:

Hmm. This manga is interesting, as a sort of a combo of Chainsaw Man and Berserk sensibilities. Although it kinda jumps the shark by doing a Berserk sacrifice type scene in the first chapter. You gotta build to that....

The art and character designs so far are very Berserk, but the story and writing is about a total opposite of Berserk. The sacrifice also serves the exact opposite purpose as the one in Berserk.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Onee-sama. Diplomacy has failed.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Jagoff? Are they from Pittsburgh?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The character has an accent and the translators made a...controversial decision to write it like that

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
On second thought I support it. More fantasy people should sound like they’re from Pennsylvania

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Make it the new way to translate Kansai accents.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Make it the new way to translate Kansai accents.

It's been done. In the original ADV translation of the Azumanga Daioh manga, they had Osaka say "Fugeddaboudit" and talk about meatball subs.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

In the Hokkaido Girls anime the dub had them all talking in Minnesota accent which kinda worked .

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Noa-senpai wa Tomodachi

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

x

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

You left out the best part.

There's no running from this Murderhobo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Dragon, the Hero, and the Courier