Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I think that ranks as one of my favorite chapters from Rojica to Rakkasei.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I. M. Gei posted:

Can y’all please LINK to the serieses you post instead of just posting the titles, for those of us that can’t use MangaDex’s search function?

I wanna read the funny chicken comic, but MD won’t let you search without a subscription and I refuse to give those people my email address.

Typing in 'Series Title + mangadex' on google is a way around that if a link wasn't already provided.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ancient Japanese Kamen Rider getting tossed like a ragdoll [X]

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fun fact. Prince Takeru is known for defeating one of his opponents by dressing up as a maid and infiltrating a drinking party. Which put some things into perspective for me.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I honestly couldn't see it until I went to reply and the preview thumbnail made it make sense.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Well these two know where they can have their wedding in the future.

(link)
Glad to see the :same: shirt lives on.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Over the last few years Yokota has become one of my favorite mangaka, his art style is very striking and he loves to convey intensity and passion in his characters. His duo stories always have interesting plots to them and with his solo works he seems big on letting his casts shine which results in more of an ensemble feel. The best example of this is Sesuji wo Pin! which is his best work in my opinion. Bringing a dance sport series to Shonen Jump couldn't have been an easy pitch but this series nails it for the 9 volumes it got, this story is a rare one where my heart leapt at times and a couple of fist pumps were made.

Story is focused around a pair of freshmen joining their high school's dance team all the school's pairs are the focus. The timid, short, and novice Tsuchiya and Eri. The fiery latin centric 2nd years Yamaki and Tsubaki. And the nearly professional level 3rd years the Ronald McDonald looking Doigaki and his longtime partner and friend Rio. We meet many other duos and for the most part all of them get developed and properly motivated. The Main characters themsleves brush up against some real giants but handle it in their unique way.

The theme of the story could be summarized as "Dancing is fun" and conveys that earnestly through the cast and the several tournament arcs. I did a little ballroom dancing back in the day and reading this made me want to go back to it.

Also shout-out to one of the best side characters in a sports manga finally getting some proper credit. That one really knowledgable guy that sits in the stands all the time.

He is omnipresent and great to have around. Rarely seen without his subtitle.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Suleman posted:

Interesting! Out of curiosity, do you know how it compares to Ballroom E Youkoso? The premise sounds very similar, and that has been one of my favorite sports manga of the past decade.
The biggest differences are how dances are depicted and how drama is articulated. Ballroom E Youkoso has more fluid art and the drama is more framed around the mental, physical, and emotional troubles of dance sport. To name a few moments The one senior dancer who in the past been hit by a truck and returned to dance even though the pressures of going pro had gotten to him and he honestly welcomed the accident. Most recently the MC was suffering from a nearly detached retina and contemplated going against his coaches wishes and dancing in the next grand prix because they need to accumulate points to rank properly. The MC and best girl were butting heads for entire volumes and it was a major hurdle for him to even lead properly since he's both inexperienced and was carried by his former partner's skills Which isn't to say the story is morbid or gritty, but the stress of dancing is painted with a pretty melodramatic brush. The story is more focused on the core group of dancers all within the same studio but really it's the Main character Tatara's story.

Sesuji as I said is high energy with it's visuals. Not nearly as smooth as Ballroom but good poses and very kinetic dancers. The story also more deeply covers both the classical styles of Dancing and the latin divisions. The Drama by contrast is also more upbeat and positive. To compare None of the characters suffer any serious injury in the plot. The closest is the 2nd year Latin duo trying out a risky move and getting some bandages as a result. And pair of rival dancers specializing in the Venetian waltz; the Male lead has a sickly constitution but he's still pushing himself to stand with the best. His partner realizes the strain of the final tournament was too hard on him and they withdraw but it's a pretty sweet moment at the end of the day. Nobody really struggles to mesh well with their partners either and the few misunderstandings or complications are handled tactfully and quickly. This one is still an ensemble story so everyone including the rivals take center stage and you can expect to go maybe an entire volume or two without the main characters doing anything as the reigns get handed to the 2nd and 3rd years.

Both are worth reading and I'm glad the mangaka for Ballroom is back in good health.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
X

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ok, this series is vulgar, nuts, and paced like a cat with it's tail on fire. Can't wait for the next update.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Ironically, that makes two instances where a Miyazaki adapts a book poorly. Looking at you Howl's Moving Castle.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

[X]
Marvel got real weird with the crossovers but I'm not complaining.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

The translation for this is a complete and total joke but I love the strongest motherfucking shark so much it's fine.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

not going to lie, this was a beautiful trainwreck of a romcom and a marvel to see happen in real time.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Four is the number of death. And he doesn't knock, he'll let himself in.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

macabresca posted:

I've never managed to share an umbrella and not have my left or right side soaked but maybe they only have these huge ones in Japan

I usually use the same umbrella I kept from my golfing days. That can cover two people nicely.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

It's rather cruel to recommend something that's dead in the water when it's good like this. I like how the MC has an unflinching confidence in the rest of the party. Matilda unleashing the God Hand to crush Gluttony man was amazing as well.

Have this in exchange.

[X]

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

:allears:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
You should read Dandadan

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

:boom:

God of earth is also superior to the Goddess of Gaia who has the shittiest security out there.

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 11, 2022

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I've been wondering if they ever made a literal fantasy sports series.

Do the fantasy elements ever factor into the game?

So far just basic racial qualities; being fast, strong, having good smell, two fliers.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It's an interesting cosmology because one god is literally omniscient at least of everything that's happened in his own world but the goddess has a really gimped way of keeping tabs on the mortals. Because the Fairies aren't drones or impartial observers, they are able to pick sides in a conflict which makes pinning down troublemakers problematic.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Please give me your blood

He is huge, that means he has huge blood.

Bite and suck, bite and suck his blood.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Why yes, the Tetsuzanko is my favorite kung fu move of all time.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
FOUR PAGE SPREAD OF SOUND BABY!!
This arc feels so good, it's been worth the wait.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
A more consistent release schedule than Hunter x Hunter ... :negative:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lock Knight posted:

Ayashimon are terrifying.

So if I were to take a blacklight into this hotel I would wind up blinding myself.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Woke up to this tab open after a night of drinking. Did not expect the feels this brought.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This dude has the energy to go fishing or loving for 3-4 hours after work. I barely have the energy for a 15 minute bike ride some days. Either way I think a palate cleanser is in order. Here's a story about a guy that fuses with an alien to fight other aliens and he's fueled by his unrelenting love for his wife.

[x]

It started updating again so hopefully we can catch up to the raws.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Gleipnir is the weird gift that keeps on giving.

thetoughestbean posted:

Drifting Dragons is beautiful
Very Miyazaki pages, reminds me of Nausicca.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I still maintain that part of what makes Ragna Crimson hard to read is if you read it in single page format. I own a couple of the volumes and otherwise read it on MD with 2-page mode and nothing ever comes across as hard to me. When I think of a series with indecipherable visuals and fights I think of actions scenes in Keyman or Zingnize, both by Warai Naku.

Actually, I'd really recommend Keyman. Starts off with this story's equivalent to Superman meeting his biggest fan.

From there things get...weird and slightly horny Also, the main character is an orange T-rex.

This is plot relevant I assure you.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
That chapter is heavier than most but I enjoy the Gap moe the two characters have for each other based on their JAV persona's vs their actual personalities.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Now I'm confused; there's a series listed as pre-serialization which has 10 chapters, and was listed as completed.
Then there's a series that was adapted from the pre-serialization series, which has no chapters out.

Best I can tell you is that the author originally released this series on their Pixiv and then it got picked up for an official serialization. The Pixiv comics were just transplanted to the new site with no re-draws or re-writes from what I remember since Danke and Boredom society started translating it before it got picked up. So if it was listed as completed, it was because it technically ended in one sense on one site.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I really enjoy the magical bureaucracy of this story because. Actual power move by a high ranking wizard to want a revision on the tax policy so she can stay at the top of the tax bracket.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Cainer posted:

The hell is this from because I want to read more.

The World of Moral Reveral an interesting isekai I'll leave it at that. Also horny, incredibly horny.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Nope. Characters are ruined and I wish a pox upon Hagen.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Maybe they can be turned back to normal due to Siegfried's sword...

I don't want him anywhere near them no matter what.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I really don't know what panels, page, or sequence to post from this one. :nws:Tsui no Taimashi ―Ender Geisterー:nws: is a story about an exorcist of great renown called in to handle a series of mysterious deaths occurring in the land of the rising sun. But it quickly reveals itself to be a huge plot to pick into the MC's past and a terrible force connected to him. The story itself is a love letter to movies across the world and across genres. The action is tense, the men and women are sexy, the villains have flair, the MC has got a line for every scenario. We even have discount Clint Eastwood and the actual Steven Seagal. I can't really find a panel, page, or sequence that best represents the story so here's out MC making his first appearance

ninjoatse.cx posted:

LOL

This is the kind of story we think about and then immediately dismiss and do not make

I salute the author for adding the amount of terrible into the world
This is 100% the kind of story I read where each chapter paints a huge poo poo-eating grin on my face because, by all accounts I should hate this for being edgy and horny schlock. But honestly? It's just really fun and a lot more thoughtful than even the first chapter might forecast. I wholeheartedly recommend it and once the cast expands a bit more it really comes into it's own.

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Puberty. Am I right? :jerry: