Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The jet-powered grandma is like an actual urban legend in Japan.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

doomrider7 posted:

Of course Deadpool squees with delight.

That has some very Reefer Madness vibes.

My understanding is that this is still still more or less the mainstream attitude towards marijuana in Japan.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I like how she's portrayed as a dark antihero for using a blue control deck.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

EVIL Gibson posted:

As I get older I am starting to appreciate "indecipherable" attacks since it leaves you in the moment of being some regular joe shmoe who is looking at this poo poo and seeing only "indecipherable" movement. I get the feeling and general nature of what's going on, but do I need to see every detail to get it? Nah. Impressionist painting would not exist if the requirement of super detailed was enforced. also the fact I am finding myself reading more manhua than manga nowadays

To me, "indecipherable" means it has too much detail and I can't see the big picture, the big movements. So the opposite of what you're saying.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

It was a shame to find out that the person who makes that manga is a chud who thinks that Trump actually won the 2020 election but tbh it tracks with the “haha a man is wearing a dress!” running “gag”

Doesn't surprise me. Even just the two panels linked gave me the impression that the writer has an extremely narrow idea of what makes a woman attractive.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Suleman posted:

Heh.
What's the source for this?

"I Became the Male Lead's Adopted Daughter" also known as "The Male Lead's Little Lion Daughter."

The same one that had a little girl cheerfully explaining how her grandpa showed her how to castrate a deer with your teeth.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

As if scanslators have any qualifications other than being less lazy than you.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Megamissen posted:

it would have been better if he spent a panel rubbing up against the wall at a weird angle

I was thinking the same thing. That didn't look like a wall clip at all!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The artist's fetish is big-boobed horny ladies finding loving and supportive relationships that help them overcome their past traumas.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Duke's Daughter is probably the worst way to describe a series since there's an entire subgenre that is entirely about daughters of dukes.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

GloomMouse posted:

I've been fortunate that all the media I've ever liked was made by people that had exactly the same views I have on every issue

Yeah, me too, it's pretty great.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I love that one.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The yen is trading for 150 to a dollar now, his salary is worthless in the global economy.

But also a good time to buy things from Japan.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I wouldn't say it's entirely unhinged, it's the sort of thing you'd be expected to bring up if you're meeting someone specifically to find out if you want to get married. Since your financial situation is pretty important to that. But that's not what's happening during that scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Honestly the premise gets pretty boring quickly, but I do enjoy the running gag that everyone thinks S rank skills and weapons suck because S is such a low letter in the alphabet.