Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most Embarrassing Loss of the Divisional Round
This poll is closed.
Kirk Cousins, lol 20 10.15%
Lamar's MVP gets run over 61 30.96%
The Texans play the greatest quarter of football 107 54.31%
<Tom Hanks Voice> WILSON 9 4.57%
Total: 197 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

He has 7 all-pros. That's a HoF lock

e: Plus a DROY and DPOY. That's almost a Joe Greene level resume

SEVEN all pros? Yeah no way he's not getting in that's a ridiculous resume.

Also the all pros were all justified, he was a monste.r

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Look at the 2012 LB class:

Luke has 7 pro bowls, 5 first team all pros, and 2 second team all pros.
Bobby has 6 pro bowls, 5 first team all pros, and 1 second team all pro.
Lavonte has 1 pro bowl, 1 first team all pro, and 1 second team all pro.

I suppose it's harder for David since he played outside (in a 4-3) and got lumped in with 3-4 pass rushers.

it's also hurt lavonte that he has labored for years on terrible tampa teams wheras panthers and of course seahawks are very much in national spotlight.

<3 Lavonte.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

tangy yet delightful posted:

The most boring of takes is probably mine, Titans need every aspect of their game to be perfect to win. 2 turnover differential in our favor, Henry at 150+ yards, Tannehill 150+ yards.

But we are loving hot right now so gently caress it - it's happening!

I don't think that's necessarily the case. Titans have been a great team down the stretch and it's not like a huge upset if they win this game. All ~~ the metrics ~~ give you about a 1 in 3 chance of winning which hey! That's not bad and sounds about right.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

I have so many questions about this.

1. Why was there even a cop in the locker room??? If i'm a team or stadium i'm keeping cops the gently caress away from my very young college kids who just won a championship.
2. Inspector Javert all throwing a "you cant smoke in here!!"
3. I'm honestly surprised they didnt try to go after assaulting a police officer or some other ridiculous trumped up charge
4. Did the cop have money on clemson? Like why was he so angry

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I think there are always cops at sporting events, probably entered the locker room because he wanted to

usually the venue pays for the cops though and if peopel say hey stay out of the locker rooms unless we call for you or some poo poo they won't go down there. At least... well.

It is new orleans which has some of the most infamously corrupt cops out there so

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

cpranger posted:

Security guard. Might be one off duty but from what the reports say he wasn't there as a police officer.

Right different cities/states/departments have regulations on this but most (outside of like.. the FBI) will let you work while in uniform as private security. You're still a police officer and can do police officer things but you're providing security for the event. It's really lucrative for cops as a nice side gig to get good pay plus you know see football games and have fun. Even in my podunk home town you can make north of $150 an hour to do this type of stuff which is a nice chunk of pay considering the median salary is around 60k for these guys.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

cpranger posted:

My dad was a cop but he never worked Saints games. He got details at Piccadilly Cafeteria and the racetrack.

I mean on the bright side he uh

got to smell food all day?

It's also apparently Wide Receivers News Day because :(. Get help Antonio

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1217880846553829378

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

I didn't know this until I listened to the Bill Simmons podcast but apparently Arthur Smith, the OC for the Titans, is the son of Fred Smith. Fred Smith, mega billionaire FedEx guy.

Now, I guess billionaire spawn have lives too and can have varying levels of accomplishment outside of nepotism and trust funds; I just don't believe it. And since this guys has managed to survive as a position coach across four different HC regimes for the Titans in the same town where FedEx is headquartered, it's fishy is all.

That's... interesting. Looking at his coaching history it's all QC and low level assistant positions which are the type that survive coaching regime changes. It's not like he's doing a bad job this year or anything just a further indictment of if $random_other_person or $minority were given the same apparently 50 chances to keep getting better at their job how would they do.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Mystic Stylez posted:

Lmao @ all the "Frank Clark is getting loving owned talking poo poo" and then he closing the game with an amazing spin move

he also directly lead to 10 titans points yb getting 2?3? offsides penalites

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Spoeank posted:

I was at the game so I wasnt looking at stats and the Niners really scored 37 points on 8 pass attempts lmao what the gently caress

Honestly even more wtf

quote:

Sunday, Mostert had one of the greatest rushing performances in NFL postseason history. He powered the Niners to a 37-20 win with 220 rushing yards and four touchdowns. Only one player, Eric Dickerson, has ever rushed for more yards in a playoff game; only one player, Ricky Watters, has ever had more touchdowns in a playoff game. The 37-20 scoreline actually understates Mostert’s dominance—three of his touchdowns came before the Packers scored a single point.
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/1/20/21073628/winners-losers-conference-championship-rob-lowe-patrick-mahomes-richard-sherman

We've seen some really odd playoff results so far - a lot of dominate rushing & defense performances (titans/49ers) this year than in any previous year. It does feel like there might be a slight pendulum shift as teams are taking advantage of the generally smaller more built to stop the passing game defenses.

Of course you also have the chiefs throwing up like 90 points in 2 games and rushing for barely 50 yards outside QB Scrambles :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Ehud posted:

lol I love the Bucs

Imagine the bucs without a QB throwing 30 ints amazing.

Also by DVOA the chiefs are a little worse than total points or whatever by still top 10. They have a good defense this year! Bob sutton really as a problem!