Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most Embarrassing Loss of the Divisional Round
This poll is closed.
Kirk Cousins, lol 20 10.15%
Lamar's MVP gets run over 61 30.96%
The Texans play the greatest quarter of football 107 54.31%
<Tom Hanks Voice> WILSON 9 4.57%
Total: 197 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1216540745433341952

He doesn't look like he was quite that big next to Michael Strahan when they told Jimmy Johnson he was getting in the HOF but poo poo man he's big.

To get into the HoF you must fight HoF Guy.

OxySnake posted:

In awe of the size of that lad. Absolute unit.

Reminds me of the pics of Wilt Chamberlin, Andre the Giant and Arnold Schwarzenegger together.

Arnold is 6'2".

Arnold is way shorter than that. Like, Drew Brees shorter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Play posted:

Cousins has given Minnesota a very Cousins-like performance, which is what they brought him in for. Turns out that a Cousins-like performance simply isn't enough, especially with the team being questionable in other areas. Cousins still has a year under contract, and I wouldn't mind maybe giving him one more year to serve as a sort of bridge, but I feel that overall the search for a replacement should begin now. The Vikings would probably be a better team with a young passer and Cousins' cap hit put towards other needs.

He doesn't need to be replaced right this second, he will continue giving them mediocre to good performances, but they should really have a hard think about whether winning a super bowl is really possible with Cousins and where they might want to go after they move on

Very few QBs could survive the onslaught of SF against a line as bad as Minnesota's. I wouldn't be surprised if Mahomes looked bad in that position. You need a guy like Russell or Lamar if your o line is that bad.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

I will accept being the Byzantium to the Patriots' Rome

Byzantium is Rome, you loving wine drinking kept-man. Fight me, see what happens.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Barudak posted:

You schism?

Three things: I hit Spoaenk, Spoaenk hits the ground, and the Roman Empire survives today in Vatican City.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

like tears, in rain

The Legion of Who Am I?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

sean10mm posted:

It was right there.

I was going for a concussion joke.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Play posted:

With 5150 yeah I think after 72 hours they pretty much have to let you go unless you're acting like a raving psycho. It happens semi-regularly that a recently released person harms themselves or others, but it's hard to balance that with people's civil rights and freedoms. It still seems like a very limited law compared to the way this country used to throw people into institutions

Never happened to me but I am familiar with folks who have been 5150'd and told me about it. And yes, it's become a verb somehow

Nah, they can extend it to a 5250 if you keep saying you're suicidal or behaving aggressively. Most 5150s are someone with the mopies, but if they made a serious suicide attempt they'll get the 5250 most of the time. Or if they were a dick to the doctor.

Conservatorship or Reis(sp?) Hearings are the difficult ones to pull off.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

tangy yet delightful posted:

I'm legitimately interested to see who he thinks is currently active in the league that is harder to tackle (or better at breaking tackles if that's a distinction that needs to be made).

He probably thinks Henry is the hardest runner, but due to their upcoming game he is engaging in "trash talk".

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

Tri Tip is mainly a socal thing

Tri tip is a god drat california thing and the Bay (not the implants, the people from here) is very down with Tri tip. For gently caress's sake, Santa Maria is halfway between LA and the Bay.

I know you have a gaping hole in your heart, but I would think you would know better than to try filling it by stealing from another city.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Better Than You posted:

Didn't Frank Clark punch his girlfriend? If so then gently caress him

He may have engaged in some "light" domestic battery...

Truly a shocking and unique incident among Chiefs.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

fsif posted:

I think I speak for the entirety of TFF when I say "Go State Farm Bowl!"

I pray for a preemptive Russian strike.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I’m actually feeling pretty confident the Titans will get a hard fought win. I’ve never really felt like this before. Hopefully I’m not wrong.

The Titans are going to win in a shoot out.

The Niners are going to strangle the Packers for 60 long minutes.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

i just want to watch rogers take a bunch of kill shots to be honest and i dont care who knows that

Genuinely looking forward to see Rodgers eating more headshots than Cowboy did last night.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Two awesome teams in the Super Bowl. No Ravens, no GB, no Pats - yes I'm sick of my own team. We all win.

Yeah, Niners in a Super Bowl. So original.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Only because the Titans are out.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

I'm fairly sure starting in 2020 they're going to be the primary jerseys

Move to LA and switch to Baby Blue just like all the other scrapas.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

You seem really angry lately

That was actually a good norteno vs sureno joke, but it is a bit niche, I admit.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is it a hot take to say that Revis was a good deal better in his prime but Sherman has had the better career?

I'd say Revis had an absolutely insane peal that lasted way longer than it had any right to.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
We've all seen what happens when a top offense and top defense meet in the Super Bowl. I genuinely expect a repeat of the Niners Packers game. Unless special teams does something crazy the Chiefs will be slowly strangled.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Nice! posted:

lol the packers offense is nothing like the chiefs. Rodgers is a shadow of his former self.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Comparing the 2019 Packers to the 2019 Chiefs is... hm. Something.

I'm not comparing the Chiefs to the 2019 Packers, I'm comparing them to the 2013 Broncos, 2007 Patriots, etc. The Packers are not a top offense. The Niners defense is real and the Niners offense is extremely competent at what the Chiefs defense is bad at.

I brought up the NFC Championship game because I expect similar overall scores and game flow. The Chiefs are definitely better than the Packers and Mahomes is better than current Rodgers.

It's still going down like Super Bowl 48.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Amy Pole Her posted:

You literally compared them in your own post lol

It was poorly phrased. When I said I expect a repeat of that game I mean the game flow and final score. When I said top offenses lose to top defenses I'm talking about the other 8 super bowls where a top offense met a top defense, which ended up with the top defense winning 7 out of 8 games. See the following:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/galle...s-giants-020117

I apologize for the poorly explained post and I hope this clarifies what I meant.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/49ers/status/1219346776374669312

I'm getting a motherfucking richard sherman jersey WHAT IS HAPPENING

How did you not buy one when he signed? If we got Navorro Bowman from you I'd have his jersey on every Hawks/Niners game.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

DeimosRising posted:

Correct and wise?

loving exactly.

FizFashizzle posted:

Getting a Sherman 49ers jersey is like getting a Sanders 49ers jersey.

Or my Jerry Rice and TO Seahawks jerseys?

Amy Pole Her posted:

The thing about the chiefs is, i see teams play them PERFECTLY while still hitting home runs. Why? Because oh yeah your # 3 receiver is Sammy Watkins and he just destroyed your nickel cb

Certainly possible, but also extremely possible that Dee Ford, Bosa, and Armstead eat that o line alive all game long.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

K8.0 posted:

Rams fans have so much class they won't even be seen in an NFL stadium.

Rams... fans?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

The point is that SFs offense is really good. They arent the 2000 Ravens or something and cant score points

Which only reinforces my point: a great offense vs a great defense (that also has a great offense). Looks more and more like the Chiefs get stomped.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

lol no, but it is likely to be a very high scoring game, probably decided by the team that makes the most mistakes.

I cant wait for you to eat humble pie when your team beats the Chiefs by at least two scores.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Man this is weird boot licking of a divisional rival and i shant stand for it

We’re betting on this game - name your terms

I think it absolutely has to be embarrassing avatars and text voted on by fellow TFF posters that we commit to using for an entire year. Something like "Ask me about being sexually awakened when I saw my grandmother's knees". Plus a six hour probation from Athanatos with an absolutely heinous reason like "admitted to hating dogs".

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Y'all really livin' dangerously

If I do anything with cash then Mr. Moneybags there can outspend me 100 to 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

one week active posting in C-Spam and D&D and only C-Spam and D&D. If you're gonna bet, you gotta have stakes

And what are our terms?

Amy Pole Her posted:

Okay I’ll do this

I take KC

i refuse to sit by and watch a once proud seahawk suck off the 49ers dammit

Your terms are acceptable.

I want it known: I am cheering for KC. I am just realistic.