Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most Embarrassing Loss of the Divisional Round
This poll is closed.
Kirk Cousins, lol 20 10.15%
Lamar's MVP gets run over 61 30.96%
The Texans play the greatest quarter of football 107 54.31%
<Tom Hanks Voice> WILSON 9 4.57%
Total: 197 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Leon Einstein posted:

Hopefully the Packers learned some lessons from the last time they played SF. I think it'll be closer than last time.

Honestly I think this is where we run straight into the talent wall. We just dont have enough offensive talent to put up much of a fight against that defense now that they're healthy again. Outside of Rodgers literally playing another perfect game or some catastrophe befalling the 9ers I dont really see a way to win this game.

We have absolutely no answer for kittle, and once they take away jones and Adams theres nobody left that's a threat. Its gonna be even worse if (when) rodgers tries to play hero ball and hangs on to the ball longer than 2 seconds and is annihilated.

It's been a hell of a run though and maybe handsome jim will get nervous and throw 4 pick 6s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Leon Einstein posted:

Packers secondary is solid. I see them having more of a problem against SF than they would against the Chiefs.

Yeah that hydra run game and kittle consumed this defense the last time around and I'm not sure if theres much that can change that happening again.

Basically every single person on green bay has to play better than they have all year, while sf just has to do what they normally do and theyll still win

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

If the Packers lose by less than 2 touchdowns I'll be amazed.

Honestly if green bay manages to only lose by a score I will legitimately consider it a success and not a terrible way to end the season. I'll be shocked if GB is still in the game in the 3rd quarter but hopefully it's not a complete disaster like last time.

If it is an asswhoopin then we get to look forward to a whole offseason of wondering if Rodgers is totally washed and is his contract dragging the team down and is lafleur really the answer and who really took my sandwich out of the fridge?

If the loss is at least close enough to have made a game of it I think itll head off most of those questions and there will be quite a bit of optimism heading into next season. A gigantic crushing loss makes the whole season look like a fluke from start to finish and opens up a whole lotta blaming and whatnot.

It really is a land of contrasts, for real this time guys

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

gently caress yea!

Also even if they DO get their rear end whooped, I dunno how you look at this season and go into the off thinking "Well golly are we boned" just because they get their rear end handed to them by the Niners to end it, assuming that's what happens. It was a HELL of a season, and a bad game to end it wouldn't change that. At least for me, I guess.

Oh I agree it was a hell of a season regardless of the outcome, I'm just speculating based off of things I've heard people saying even before the game is played. I've been inclined to think next year was the go all in year anyway. Get Rodgers another target and shore up the middle of the field on defense and they become really formidable.

This year has already been a massive pleasant surprise but that wont stop a whole bunch of people and radio guys from hot taking away.

And while our chances probably arent super fantastic this game certainly isnt over before it starts.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

But packer up is right there! So many fun uses. Well better pack er up 9ers, or I guess we better pack her up boys it practically writes itself