Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most Embarrassing Loss of the Divisional Round
This poll is closed.
Kirk Cousins, lol 20 10.15%
Lamar's MVP gets run over 61 30.96%
The Texans play the greatest quarter of football 107 54.31%
<Tom Hanks Voice> WILSON 9 4.57%
Total: 197 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

This guy... this is not my kinda guy.

quote:

But, Brown claims during the handoff, Chelsie tried to steal one of his cars -- and he wasn't having it.

At one point, AB screams at Kyriss ... "Bitch, you don't drive Bentleys. This is not your life."

Brown was shouting to the cops that he wanted her off his property, ASAP -- and screamed insults at her from across the street ... in front of her kids.

The whole situation was super heated, with a very frustrated Brown cussing at the officers -- telling them they don't know how to do their jobs.

During the end of the exchange, Brown grabs a bag of gummy candies (shaped like penises) and throws them into the street in Chelsie's direction ... screaming at her to have a "bag of dicks."

All the while, AB is screaming insults at her ... "Take that fish-looking bitch to jail."

Brown also acknowledges that the stand-off isn't the best look for his NFL future -- but says, "F**k the NFL. This is real life."

lmao

I'm scared ESPN is going to find some way to ruin him. Their games have been the worst for a long time now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Docjowles posted:

I wonder how long he's been sitting on that candy just waiting for a chance to use the "bag of dicks" burn

i was thinking the same thing. where the hell do you even get a dumb thing like that?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

OxySnake posted:

I'm fine with Zimmer staying but please god do not extend cousins.

Cousins has given Minnesota a very Cousins-like performance, which is what they brought him in for. Turns out that a Cousins-like performance simply isn't enough, especially with the team being questionable in other areas. Cousins still has a year under contract, and I wouldn't mind maybe giving him one more year to serve as a sort of bridge, but I feel that overall the search for a replacement should begin now. The Vikings would probably be a better team with a young passer and Cousins' cap hit put towards other needs.

He doesn't need to be replaced right this second, he will continue giving them mediocre to good performances, but they should really have a hard think about whether winning a super bowl is really possible with Cousins and where they might want to go after they move on

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Finger Prince posted:

Cool you gonna do one for after the game where he calculates how much they want to gently caress?

ahem that's for my own personal files

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

Minnesota has the same problem that every team has with a mid-tier QB, it takes a lot of loving capital to move up to get a good guy in the draft so you either try and build a great team around your average QB or trade it all for a chance at a great QB.

Yeah they might have to get creative, but it's not like decent QBs can't be found outside of the first round occasionally, or through free agency. Look at the Titans, I would take Tannehill over Cousins and probably would have even before his comeback.

Hell Cousins himself is one such mid-round QB, it's just that he's no longer as worth it because he's getting paid like a superstar

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Honestly I think this is where we run straight into the talent wall. We just dont have enough offensive talent to put up much of a fight against that defense now that they're healthy again. Outside of Rodgers literally playing another perfect game or some catastrophe befalling the 9ers I dont really see a way to win this game.

We have absolutely no answer for kittle, and once they take away jones and Adams theres nobody left that's a threat. Its gonna be even worse if (when) rodgers tries to play hero ball and hangs on to the ball longer than 2 seconds and is annihilated.

It's been a hell of a run though and maybe handsome jim will get nervous and throw 4 pick 6s

A lot of the stuff they did against the Seahawks might work against the 49ers, and we actually saw them having some success late in that blowout game. Mostly, attacking the edges with quick passes and mini screens while the 49ers defense is mostly concentrated in the middle.

Still think the 49ers should win, but a QB like Rodgers and a pretty decent team like the Packers have enough juice to beat the 49ers. If Rodgers plays well and Jimmy G just plays okay it could end up being that simple.

Or maybe the 49ers will simply run it down their throats and they won't be able to stop it like the Vikings, that's also a possibility

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kalli posted:

NFL well represented at last night's game

Moss celebrating his kid's touchdown:

OBJ doing some cool violating:

https://twitter.com/volblood/status/1217069578351775744

Cool

quote:

Gross

Look at poor Melania, trapped between these two disgusting men she hates, forced to watch this performance she doesn't understand with the fakest possible smile plastered on her face

Docjowles posted:

I didn't know Randy Moss' kid is named Thaddeus, that is a kickass name

Someone called him Randyeous in the the game day thread and it made me laugh for some reason

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm not even sure if Jared Goff is aware politics exist

he's just an innocent baby goldfish somehow playing football, it's so precious

Play
Apr 25, 2006

torturemyballs posted:

I, too, think that anyone whose political beliefs don't align with mine must be a bad person. A completely reasonable thought.

its less about their beliefs not aligning with mine and more about their beliefs not aligning with basic human decency.

Probably better not to know, really. The majority of players almost certainly don't know very much about politics and also aren't very concerned with it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

alex smith puts paper clips in his erection?? thats weird

Play
Apr 25, 2006

drat this faked me out big time thought it was a Rivers retirement announcement at first

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I knew he was concerned about his health, especially brain health, because he wore that little neck halo to try and prevent concussions. Still didn't expect anything like this. The panthers being poo poo probably had something to do with it, as well as maybe not wanting to deal with a whole new coaching staff

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

They were not good. Getting blown off the line and henry running all over them. Beat badly on the second TD. Carr letting the receiver do a circus catch on the first TD and not disrupting the play in any way. No pass rush.

If we had stopped them early on things probably would have progressed differently

I agree, Lamar had very good numbers despite the turnovers but a lot of that was playing from behind and throwing it 50 times, exactly what they didn't want to do. The way the Ravens defense folded against Henry and the Titans was a surprise, I thought they had a little more juice. Although a lot of their juice came from blitzing which notably didn't work that well against the Titans

I just hope Titans/Chiefs is a good game, no expectations beyond that. If the Titans do beat the Chiefs it will be from riding Henry super hard just like the last couple games, with Tanny making the big play action throws when they matter

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Titans D is big and strong enough to stuff the Chiefs O

they can stuff the run, sure, I expect them to. but no amount of big or strong will help them cover Tyreek Hill and company, if Mahomes avoids the rush as easily as he did against the Texans it's gonna be a long game for our tits

Eric the Mauve posted:

No one has a clue what is going to happen when the Tennessee Titans play the Kansas City Andy Reids except that it will be loving weird

i fuckin hope so!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

If they were anywhere else besides the locker room of a victorious college football team I might have more sympathy. Buttslapping is like, the main thing going on in such a setting

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

Baker act is just the florida name for it. There are similar laws through the US! And even in Ontario Canada.

In California it’s known as 5150, but there are 72 hour holds in well over 75% of states.

With 5150 yeah I think after 72 hours they pretty much have to let you go unless you're acting like a raving psycho. It happens semi-regularly that a recently released person harms themselves or others, but it's hard to balance that with people's civil rights and freedoms. It still seems like a very limited law compared to the way this country used to throw people into institutions

Never happened to me but I am familiar with folks who have been 5150'd and told me about it. And yes, it's become a verb somehow

Stevie Lee posted:

the dickhead billionaire knows how to call plays, I guess. I'm sure he has plenty of time to gameplan with literally zero worries in his life

True but people who work with him speak of not even knowing or suspecting that about him for months before they heard about it one way or another. His work ethic makes him seem like he's not a billionaire, in fact he's worked his way up through the shittiest possible jobs all the way to where he is now, starting as a quality control dude. Also managed to survive four head coaches in Tennessee

He's had a lot of advantages in his life no doubt but he seems like a good OC. Which at this point I figure is all that really matters, but he also seems pretty chill

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kalli posted:

Considering the Rooney rule is an abject failure, the league should probably just straight up introduce salary cap / draft penalties for not having enough minority coaches on staff.

I like that idea

Soul Glo posted:

FedEx is in Memphis, Titans are in Nashville.

Billionaire's families have absolutely charmed lives, but right now the billionaire's kid is doing a good job, so.

Also lots of people don't know that because apparently Arthur never mentions it, fwiw.

By all accounts he's an extremely hard worker and an excellent employee that's all. I hate that his family is that rich but he's not the one responsible for that and at least dude works hard

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Just another victim of Ben Roethlisberger.

Better Than You posted:

except it wasn't against her own will

:wow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Intruder posted:

How the gently caress did Tytus Howard make the all rookie team

very very few rookie tackles who actually played any decent amount, much less were halfway good. Besides Taylor he was really just competing against Cody Ford (decent and played a good amount snaps, but nothing too great), Andre Dillard (didn't play as much, probably the most obvious competitor though), Jonah Williams (injured all year) and uhhhh..... I don't know, Trey Pipkins (didn't play that much) maybe?

I'm not gonna say he won it by default but certainly there wasn't much competition

That being said he was much better than I expected, I thought drafting him was a massive mistake but it didn't turn out too bad in hindsight and he may end up being genuinely good