Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
"Oh right, more food." Rodric hurries to get some better rations.

Store 4 dried meat, I guess
Buy 5 old rations -25

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Honiko Bonik

"Well," Honiko spoke up, clearing her throat, "I'm ready to join as anyone. We'll need combat healing over there, and I'm just about as good as we've got it in that department currently."

Honiko glanced around the room, peering through the jeweled eye slits of the Death Crown with some confusion at all the strange looks she was getting.

"What? Was it something I said?"

> Join the Altar of Tides party

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
Aaaand there they go. Okay I guess this thing needs a bit to cool down, right? So the rest of you come back later.

==================================================================
==== STORE =======================================================
==================================================================

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
=================== ALTAR OF TIDES :: ROUND 0 ========================

• Everyone Portals in!
----------------------------------------------------------
•

[ARCHIVE] [TERMS & ERRATA] [KLOMBO's Journal]

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Move 4N 3E
Blind Melee > Blind Throw > Search All

Slag dashes deeper into the dungeon without hesitation.

Catching eyes with a seagrym he drops into a stance on the balls of his feet, feinting at it as though he means to charge.

He breathes in and grins broadly. "This place smells bloody delicious."

malbogio fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 18, 2020

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Rodric von Richter

"We have come for your holy objects! Please submit." Rodric bellows as he strides forward.

Move: N3 W3
Action: Search

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Honiko Bonik

After removing the Death Crown for for the time being (it was hard to see in the thing, and the bejeweled occult headwear felt spookily cold to the touch), Honiko stepped within the teleportation circle with the other five volunteers - being Klombo, Rodric von Richter, Bobby-Jack, Slag Rolodex, and Darrin. She took a deep breath. This was it - back into the breach!

There was a bright shimmering flash of light as the world around the six of them started glowing at the seams and then suddenly everything phased sharply out of focus. There was a slight lurch of physical vertigo as Honiko and the five others in her party were magically teleported and deposited somewhere else entirely on the main landing dais of the Altar of the Tides.

Everything smelled of brine and scum and fish, and the atmosphere was cool, clammy, and damp. It may have just been the teleportation sickness, but Honiko felt revolted by the dank, slimy grotto, not refreshed.

Worst of all, they'd already been spotted by some of the angry locals - some trident-wielding Seagrym Acolytes!

The green-haired warrior watched as Slag Rolodex - one of the curse-afflicted individuals from the guild - dashed towards the nearest Seagrym warrior down the corridor to the right, so Honiko made the mental note to keep tabs on his progress and dashed off to the left, towards the northwest.

> Move: As far NW as I can go with 7 MOV while staying out of Darrin's potential curse range.

Not to be unfairly exclusionary, but Honiko wanted to spend as little time next to those under the effects of the Archaic Curse as possible.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 19, 2020

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Bobby-Jack gave a few glances here and there as the haze of the portal dissipated. A two-forked path, it would seem.

Well, he certainly wouldn't be leading the way, whichever the party chose. Might as well check out that expensive looking lamp meanwhile.

>Move: E1, N5
>Action: Search

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
KLOMBO

Klombo stepped into a really quite lovely temple of turquoise and salty water. He mused on how nice and clean the place was for a moment before firing wildly at a giant crab. It plinked harmlessly off the tile and he grinned. Practice shot!

>Move 3N 3W
>Shoot a Crab: 1d10 2

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Darrin

The smell of seawater was a pleasant change from whatever vile incense Tozi used in the guild hall was Darrin's first thought.
He moved forward headed to the east following Slag.

Move 6N, 2E

Search

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 19, 2020

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
=================== ALTAR OF TIDES :: ROUND 1 ========================

• Rodric searches a large urn and finds a Heavy Crowssbow!
• Rodric some stuff worth $4!
• Bobby-Jack searches but doesn't find anything of use.
• KLOMBO trickshots a Temple Crab (2) but fails to kill it.
• Darrin searches but doesn't find anything of value.
• Temple Crab attacks KLOMBO (3) but misses!
• Seagrym Acolyte attacks KLOMBO (6) but misses!
• Seagrym Acolyte attacks Darrin (7) ::hit:: ( 1 damage)

Gravedust fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 20, 2020

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
Oookay.. WHERE TO NEXT,?
code:
RAIDS =======================================================
Wind-Hewn Cavern		(Cave)			[****-]x
Mudflow Caves			(Cave)			[****-] 
Relinquished Mine		(Mine)			[****-]x
#Alcazae Bastion#		(Castle)		[--***][-----]x
Brine Cauldrons			(Sea Cave)		[-****][-----] 
#Archaic Halls#			(Tomb)			[---**][*----]x
Xem Caizo Necropolis		(Tomb)			[--***][**---]
Assemblery XIX			(Gnomish)		[---**][***--]

CRAWLS ===========================================================
#Altar of Tides#		(Water Temple)		[---**][***--]  {Reliquary}  (capacity 6)

Gravedust fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 23, 2020

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Rodric von Richter

Rodric advances. The knight brings his tower shield to bear, blocking for his teammates. Settled at the front, he snaps off a probing attack against the seagrym.

Move: N1 W1
Melee Seagrym Acolyte: 1d10+4 7

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Algal Bloom

"I do like the sound of the Brine Cauldrons"

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jane Brogger

"Pirates! Pirates! Pirates! Arrrrrr." That's a vote for Brine Cauldrons.

Jane pesters Danaz, "Dad, can I borrow your eye patch? To be a pirate?"

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Valter

"Sure. I shall throw my support to traversing these 'Brine Cauldrons' of which you speak."

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. & Mrs. Guiscoe

"Leave no steampunk robot unwrecked! To the Relinquished Mine!"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ashti Zann

Ashti tried her best not to fiddle with one of her new throwing knives. She'd gotten rather good at mumblety-peg during her apprenticeship, but it was a bit uncouth -- then again, did that matter? Anyway. "The Brine Cauldrons seem worth a try. Better to find new places than clean out the old, if we've got a choice."

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

Jane Brogger posted:

"Dad, can I borrow your eye patch? To be a pirate?"

Uh.. I don't.. I don't th-think.. Uh.. Sorry.. I need it.
Gross, kid. Nobody wants to look at some old dude's empty eyehole, get out of here.
…Yeah, I think that perhaps we'd better not mess with that. It's probably there for a reason...
Hey if you wanna be a pirate though, I know a gobbo in Sievetown who'll pay good money for hand. We just shlunk off yours and use the money to buy you a sweet-rear end hook. I uh.. I get a commission, though.
T-Tozi… No.
Jane, don't listen to her, she's joking.
Ha ha! Yeaah.. Just kidding, kid.
No I'm not. Think about it.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Darrin

"Hey watch it with that trident, bub." Darrin stepped in and slashed at the seagrym acolyte.

Move NA
stab the seagram 1N 1 E: 1d10+7 13

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

KLOMBO

Klombo kicked at the crab, chuckling as it latched uselessly onto his foot, then withdrew his kit and began to poison his gear. Crab legs. Yum. Maybe the poison would ruin the meat, though? Well, he'd try anything once.

>1W
>Apply Poison

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Tozi posted:

Think about it.

Jane Brogger

"Really?! C'mon, Mom, come with me! Let's go get ours done together!"

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Slag appears behind the second acolyte, a scowl disappearing behind the shield as he raises it like a splash guard before jabbing at the creature repeatedly.

Move N EE NN W. Cast Create Sashimi to S.: 1d10+5 14

malbogio fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 21, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Honiko Bonik

Following the initial rush from the teleportation circle, Honiko watched as Rodric von Richter quickly tromped forward and slammed down his tower shield to form a solid barrier between himself and the Seagryms' trident jabs. It was more-or-less effective, as the nearest aquatic beastman decided to stab its weapon in Klombo's direction instead. The Tidal Cult Acolyte's trident bounced harmlessly off of Klombo's roundshield, just in time for the snakelike beastman to bring its weapon to to clash with a slash from Rodric's gladius. The two brutish figures had locked their weapons and were trying to throw the other off-balance.

Reaching for the steel waraxe hanging on the loop at her belt, Honiko raised her kite shield against a potential counterattack and stepped quickly around Rodric to deliver a whizzing axe attack thwacking straight through the defending Seagrym's arm.

> Vote (if applicable): Brine Cauldrons
> Move: E1, N2
> Melee Attack vs Seagrym Acolyte to NW: 1d10o10+5 11 - Hit?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Izumi

Vote Brine Cauldrons

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Bobby-Jack leaned on the large vase filled with water. Best lay low until the traffic jam lessened a bit.

>Move: E5, N2

Scratch that, Slag is on the way
>Move: Stay still
>Action: Whistle a tune

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
=================== ALTAR OF TIDES :: ROUND 2 ========================

• Rodric attacks Seagrym Acolyte (7) but fails to kill it.
• Darrin attacks Seagrym Acolyte (13) and slays it! (+9 xp)
• KLOMBO applies poison to his crossbow in an unspecified manner.
• Slag attack Seagrym Acolyte (14) and slays it! (+9 xp) (+$1)
• Honiko attacks Seagrym Acolyte (11) and slays it! (+9 xp)
• Bobby Jack whistles a bit.
• Temple Crab attacks Rodric (9) but misses!
• Seagrym Acolyte attacks Honiko (7) but misses!
• Seagrym Acolyte attacks Slag (10) ::hit:: ( 1 damage)
• A tentacle rises from the water and attacks Slag! (3) :Miss:
• A tentacle rises from the water and attacks Bobby Jack! (6) :Miss:
• A tentacle rises from the water and attacks Honiko! (10) ::Hit:: (1 damage)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

KLOMBO

Poisoning complete, Klombo pressed the bolt firmly into the thing's head and pulled the trigger. It went straight through to stick in the tile below, and it released his boot. "Trick SHOT, crustacean beastie!" Cackling, he jogged through the fray to a more advantageous position.

>Shoot a Crab: 1d10+3 :siren:13:siren:
>Shoot a Crab MORE!?: 1d10 3
>Rolled 16 total!
>Move ENNWNW
>2/3 Poison Uses Remain!

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Darrin

Darrin looked up to see multiple tentacles attacking the team, "Well that's new and interesting."

Continuing east, he lined up a shot on the closest living acolyte.

Move 2E
shoot the Seagrym Acolyte 3E, 2N: 1d10+6 9

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Rodric von Richter

"Stay back from the water!"

Rodric delivers a powerful stab on the acolyte and moves to flank the next.

Action: Melee Seagrym Acolyte: 1d10+4 9
Move: W3 N1

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Bjorn The Roamer

>Vote Brine Cauldrons

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

Jane Brogger posted:

"Really?! C'mon, Mom, come with me! Let's go get ours done together!"
…Ha ha! Hell no, kid. You're the one who wants to be a pirate, and I need both hands to count money with. Anyway, we're doing a thing right now, come find me later if you still feel like losing a hand. …And I'm not your mama, trust me you'd be a different color about a foot taller if that was the case.
Anyway.. oh yeah.. It looks like Brine Cauldrons is up next. Danaz! Get it going!
A-All right…
So WHO WANTS TO GO TO THE BRINE CAULDRONS!? RAISE YOUR HAND OR OPTIONAL PROSTHETIC HOOK ACCESSORY.

==========================
STORE ====================
==========================

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Double pooooost

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Algal Bloom

*Raises hand*

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

"Seems a bit more my speed, but we'll see. Waiting to see who else signs up."

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. & Mrs. Guiscoe

Mrs. Guiscoe holds aloft her new pick. "We' go'n on thi' r'n, Bo'ba'. Tha' fu' g'm c'n w'."

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

"Yeuuuugh!"

The duelist hops back on one leg, using the shield to violently peel the tentacle off of the other.

"How is it so sticky? Are those little mouths on it?"

He looks down in disgust at the row of round marks it left behind.

Move S 5E N and Melee E: 1d10o10+5 9

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Bobby-Jack jumped away from the tentacle's ambush just in time, his shrill shriek of surprise distracting it just for the fraction of a second he needed to disengage. Getting his bearings, he squinted a bit as his team advanced, engaging the fishmen as they went. His eyes darted between them, the pointy and painful looking weaponry of the enemy, and the tentacles just below the surface.

His mind performed calculations of greed, and after a moment's deliberation, he decided to finally make a move.

>Move: E5, N2

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ashti Zann

Ashti raises her hand. "I'll join in."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jane Brogger

Jane looks at her hand, then at the map, and pouts. Not in the mood for pirates anymore, and she'd like to keep her hand. To that end:

Donate Brigand's Leathers to storage for anyone who wants them (Bjorn, Slid Viscous, or maybe Ashti Zann?).
Buy Iron Breastplate -$45
Buy Practice Disarming Kit -$5