Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

The Kandarian dagger is triangle-bladed and clearly phurba-derived, but that’s more me defending my knife-knowledge than saying it’s correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

I'm not talking about The Shadow, which apparently also features a Phurba.

Opopanax posted:

There's that creepy one from The Shadow, too, but thst doesn't possess anyone

Xiahou Dun posted:

Alternatively, maybe you got the time very wrong and you mean Freaky, a body swap slasher that has being stabbed with phurba-like dagger as the mechanic of swapping bodies?

Is this a joke bit?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I can't be expected to read several entire posts, ok

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Could it possibly be Freaky?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
phurba meaning like a triangular blade?

could be you are actually thinking of an episode of supernatural? it deals with possession a lot, often involving triangular blades used to defeat the possessor.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

phurba meaning like a triangular blade?

could be you are actually thinking of an episode of supernatural? it deals with possession a lot, often involving triangular blades used to defeat the possessor.

Nah, this was a feature movie. I guess it's too obscure; I can't remember how I found it, or any actors, so it may be a lost cause.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Have you checked the Internet Movie Knife DataBase?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
"This is a Fairbairn Sykes fighting knife wielded by Vincent Price and wrongfully identified as a Phurba in the 1963 film Vampire Du Jour"

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Have you checked the Internet Movie Knife DataBase?

No, as I had forgotten the existence of such a thing! That's a great lead, however, searches for "phurba", "vajra" and "ceremonial" returned 0 results, and "dagger" had three hits, none of which were this movie.

Thanks for the reminder, though.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

yeah IMKDB is in a pretty pathetic state compare to IMFDB

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I still don’t know if the IMKDB is real or not.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I was riffing as if it was a shitpost but speaking as someone who reads IMFDB

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Alan Smithee posted:

I was riffing as if it was a shitpost but speaking as someone who reads IMFDB

I actually assumed this was some sort of spin off of wikifeet

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

therattle posted:

I still don’t know if the IMKDB is real or not.

https://imkdb.fandom.com/wiki/IMKDB_Wiki

Yeah ok it's just a Fandom Wiki with 49 pages.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
A movie, the main character is older, like in his 50's or so, the final scene has him and the villain in some precarious position, villain falls to his death, older protagonist struggles but loses his grip, cut to a funeral, but it's a bait and switch, he landed better (on the dead villain?) and hence just broke some bones, but is alive.

Also, I asked this a while back but no one came up with an answer, a likely made for TV movie about a mother who gets arrested for crimes she committed when she was younger, she robbed a bank to get money to get her kids back, I remember it mainly because my mom turned it off because it was too sexual, even for a made for TV movie on one of the main three channels. I think this was late 80's/start of the 90's?

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 4, 2024

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Long shot.

I'm looking for a film, most likely a remake - I feel like it was most likely a pisstake or not-so-serious action film - most likely a Western or war film on the frontier. I feel like it came out in the early 2010s and was either an all-female cast or at least the leads were.
I thought it might be True Grit but that isn't it.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Long shot.

I'm looking for a film, most likely a remake - I feel like it was most likely a pisstake or not-so-serious action film - most likely a Western or war film on the frontier. I feel like it came out in the early 2010s and was either an all-female cast or at least the leads were.
I thought it might be True Grit but that isn't it.

Maybe Bandidas with Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz?

Cornwind Evil posted:

A movie, the main character is older, like in his 50's or so, the final scene has him and the villain in some precarious position, villain falls to his death, older protagonist struggles but loses his grip, cut to a funeral, but it's a bait and switch, he landed better (on the dead villain?) and hence just broke some bones, but is alive.

Just guessing, but it reminds me of Sherlock Holmes fighting Moriarty in Switzerland. Not sure if the Robert Downey Jr. version ends like that, but there are plenty of adaptions.

Hannibal Rex fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 5, 2024

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hmmmm.... I don't think that's it. I feel like the poster had four ladies on it, wearing that kinda brownish corduroy material.

Seriously - I know how long of a shot this is. I can only vaguely remember certain details about it.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Hmmmm.... I don't think that's it. I feel like the poster had four ladies on it, wearing that kinda brownish corduroy material.

Seriously - I know how long of a shot this is. I can only vaguely remember certain details about it.

Comedy answer:
Gunpowder Milkshake?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
There's also Bad Girls, but that one's from the 90s.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

that Harriet Tubman movie, Harriet?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

This doesn't really fit most of what you describe but: Annihilation?

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

This makes me think Bad Girls, too, despite the release date.
...and also not a real fit at all, but for some reason the initial description made me think you might be misremembering fragments of Sucker Punch.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

YES!!!!! That was the one!!!! You did well with very little to go off!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I suspect I was conflating it with True Grit hence the confusion

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4N5tM5O7Cl/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

What’s this from

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I just had a stray memory of someone ominously doing paper mache. It’s not After Hours, I saw that recently and it’s not what I’m thinking of.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Gripweed posted:

I just had a stray memory of someone ominously doing paper mache. It’s not After Hours, I saw that recently and it’s not what I’m thinking of.

The opening to Nightmare on Elm St. 3?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Origami Dali posted:

The opening to Nightmare on Elm St. 3?

Haven’t seen it. I stopped at NoES 2

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Film or show where somebody's ringtone is the "she gives me money, when i'm in need" line from Ray Charles' "I've got a woman".

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Pilchenstein posted:

Film or show where somebody's ringtone is the "she gives me money, when i'm in need" line from Ray Charles' "I've got a woman".

Inside Man. It's actually Gold Digger by Kanye

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

It's a Kia commercial with Melissa McCarthy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeVHmLY7YZc

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Origami Dali posted:

Inside Man. It's actually Gold Digger by Kanye
Thank you, this was driving me nuts.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Action Jacktion posted:

It's a Kia commercial with Melissa McCarthy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeVHmLY7YZc

thanks

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Hannibal Rex posted:

Maybe Bandidas with Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz?

Just guessing, but it reminds me of Sherlock Holmes fighting Moriarty in Switzerland. Not sure if the Robert Downey Jr. version ends like that, but there are plenty of adaptions.

No, this fight happens in a city, they were fighting on something like a window washer's platform and it was happening in then modern times.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Trying to remember a scene from a movie or TV show

I swear it was Stargate or some kind of Egyptian themed movie but basically the king or all-powerful emperor or someone gets mad at one of his guards for some reason and like, uses his magic powers to knock the guy backwards into a wall mural and the guy gets sucked into it and becomes part of it and frozen in marble or something. Another part of me thinks it was Chronicles of Riddick or something? No clue. Does anyone remember this or am I having a Mandela Effect moment

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

kalel posted:

I swear it was Stargate or some kind of Egyptian themed movie but basically the king or all-powerful emperor or someone gets mad at one of his guards for some reason and like, uses his magic powers to knock the guy backwards into a wall mural and the guy gets sucked into it and becomes part of it and frozen in marble or something. Another part of me thinks it was Chronicles of Riddick or something? No clue. Does anyone remember this or am I having a Mandela Effect moment

I think something like that happens in the opening of the X-men Apocalypse movie.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Eugene Tooms building his nest in X-files?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

kalel posted:

Maybe the opening scene of Wishmaster?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9wOCD2q-sU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

bitterandtwisted posted:

Eugene Tooms building his nest in X-files?

That’s it, thanks!

Gross.