Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Ape Agitator posted:

Give a glance at The Relic. Not an exact match but I think some events might get remembered like that.

Not it, but that's one hell of an IMDB entry:
"A homicide detective and an anthropologist try to destroy a South American lizard-like god, who's on a people eating rampage in a Chicago museum. "
I must see it now.

Also, not Cujo. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Acht posted:

Not it, but that's one hell of an IMDB entry:
"A homicide detective and an anthropologist try to destroy a South American lizard-like god, who's on a people eating rampage in a Chicago museum. "
I must see it now.

Also, not Cujo. :)

An excellent four pack of Roger Ebert reviews: The Relic, Congo, The Mummy, Anaconda

My dude just loving loved goofy-rear end movies.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Trevor Hale posted:

Doesn’t it happen in one of the Austin powers movies? Or Loaded Weapon 1? I feel like it’s a spoof thing.
I kind of picture Nick Frost or Simon Pegg doing it now, but I don't think it's from Hot Fuzz either, which would have been my first guess, or indeed from any of the Cornetto trilogy which would've been my second.

Spaced, maybe?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I saw a movie when I was young that ended with two characters arguing about how to end the movie. One keeps bringing up popular endings to other movies they could ape, only to be shot down by the second character who says stuff like "Casablanca did it," or whatever movie. And in the end, one of them suggests, "what if we just duck out of the frame and crawl away?" And they do. And the movie ends.

Anybody know it?

One of the Cannonball Runs?
Makes me think of Capt Chaos just talking like this.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I asked in an older thread but couldn't ever figure it out.

A martial arts film from either 80s or 90s for kids. Not three ninjas or surf ninjas. Kids parents are held hostage/gone missing, I think the parents were after some ancient treasure. There is a fight in a warehouse full of toys. Movie ends in either a temple or cave where the kids stack on each others shoulder and wear a sheet to pretend to be a ghost. There may have also been an actual ghost.

Had a vhs of it. Don't know if it was ever a major release

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Feb 28, 2020

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Darthemed posted:

Action(?) movie where two fighters are rolling around on the ground, one has a pen, jabs it into the other, then smacks the clicker on top to jab him even more.

At first I though Steel Rain, but I found the clip and it was just a pencil.

Maybe RE:Born? No rolling and no clicker, but he uses the spring in a clip to shoot the pen into somenoe's throat and then rams it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjGcY-nrYqA&t=74s

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Nah, it's done kind of like how John Wick bops his knife into another guy in his first movie.

tigerdriver82
Jun 15, 2009

Yo, you best
~Protect Your Neck~
Ah yeah, again and again!
I know this was answered in the last thread, but I can't find it in there.

It's from maybe 80's-early 90's, it's a parody of muppets or Sesame Street. Its meant to be for adults I think. The one thing I remember was a 2 headed/conjoined monster was waiting for something for awhile and one side ends up eating the other. I pretty sure it wasn't Meet the Feebles.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

tigerdriver82 posted:

I know this was answered in the last thread, but I can't find it in there.

It's from maybe 80's-early 90's, it's a parody of muppets or Sesame Street. Its meant to be for adults I think. The one thing I remember was a 2 headed/conjoined monster was waiting for something for awhile and one side ends up eating the other. I pretty sure it wasn't Meet the Feebles.

Timeframe aside, this sounds like it could be from Wonder Showzen

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Darthemed posted:

Action(?) movie where two fighters are rolling around on the ground, one has a pen, jabs it into the other, then smacks the clicker on top to jab him even more.

Just saw something much like that in The Hunt trailer, did it maybe brain worm it’s way into your memory?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Nah, I haven't seen any trailers for that movie.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Horror movie or tv anthology episode most likely from the 90s or late 80s, the scene I most remember was of a guy in his 20’s confronting an older guy alone, ripping the guys hand of and mocking him / showing it to him before killing him, I also have a memory of the young guy crying and breaking down about it afterwards and his mom comforting him, and it might be Werewolf or less likely Vampire related.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Alris posted:

Horror movie or tv anthology episode most likely from the 90s or late 80s, the scene I most remember was of a guy in his 20’s confronting an older guy alone, ripping the guys hand of and mocking him / showing it to him before killing him, I also have a memory of the young guy crying and breaking down about it afterwards and his mom comforting him, and it might be Werewolf or less likely Vampire related.

1992's Sleepwalkers

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

LesterGroans posted:

1992's Sleepwalkers

You’re incredible, thanks.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE-g__vgDEs

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
I got two or three I need to cleared just to see if my childhood brain made them up or not.

First one is a fairly standard teen comedy bit. One scene has the guy talking to his friend(whom is a girl and very obviously his true love) about how to confess to the girl he likes and uses a line about his favorite shade of blue on a crayon being the color of her eyes making it seem like he's talking about her. There's another scene later on where he's trying to get to the "Cool Kids Party" and runs into some gang bangers who coax him to draw graffiti and to have the honors of drawing the nipples to which they leave him to get caught by the crazed janitor of the school they tagged.

Second one was about a teen who comes back as a zombie or undead since he's not rotting or anything, but does feel the "hunger". It was more of a dark teen comedy bit since I think a crazy student who was the school jock rear end in a top hat to him tries to kill him only to get himself killed and he starts eating or tries to only to be caught and him saying that the guys is still in one piece so it's ok. I also recall a scene where he's on the run and sees his would be grave with flowers(or could have just been flowers)only for them to be crushed under foot by the guy leading the mob to kill him. No not Bolt Neck with Ryan Reynolds just in case this tripped any similarities.

The last one was a paranormal suspense one about a family who lost their young son in a trolley train accident or something and think their second son might be haunted or possessed by him or by another ghost. Child could have been the younger son. I think there might have been a scene where he creepily walks up to an older woman holding some chickens by the legs only to then toss them at her causing her to lose her balance and fall to her death or have a heart attack.

All the movies were seen in the early to mid 90's so I think their dates would be late 80's to mid 90's.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 13, 2020

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
second one could be my boyfriend's back

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Second one sounds like My Boyfriend's Back

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Retro Futurist posted:

Second one sounds like My Boyfriend's Back

Found it. On the wiki it sounds like absolutely stupid 90's trashy junk. Will most definitely watch it.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

doomrider7 posted:

First one is a fairly standard teen comedy bit. One scene has the guy talking to his friend(whom is a girl and very obviously his true love) about how to confess to the girl he likes and uses a line about his favorite shade of blue on a crayon being the color of her eyes making it seem like he's talking about her. There's another scene later on where he's trying to get to the "Cool Kids Party" and runs into some gang bangers who coax him to draw graffiti and to have the honors of drawing the nipples to which they leave him to get caught by the crazed janitor of the school they tagged.

Trojan War.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

doomrider7 posted:

The last one was a paranormal suspense one about a family who lost their young son in a trolley train accident or something and think their second son might be haunted or possessed by him or by another ghost. Child could have been the younger son. I think there might have been a scene where he creepily walks up to an older woman holding some chickens by the legs only to then toss them at her causing her to lose her balance and fall to her death or have a heart attack.

Could this be an episode of The X-Files called "The Calusari"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Calusari

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Thanks kind strangers.

LesterGroans posted:

Could this be an episode of The X-Files called "The Calusari"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Calusari

Holy poo poo that sounds exactly like it. For the longest time I just thought that my brain made that up.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Corona virus related!

What sci-fi movie has the people in it get disinfected by burning the top layers of their skin?

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 14, 2020

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

The Andromeda strain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1vw7E7uE3E

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Thanks!
I remembered the scene, just not the film it was in.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

First let me just say that I read the previous iteration of this thread and really enjoyed it. Trying to guess along with some of the vaguest of Clues is very fun. Anyway, I'm apparently awful at searching for movies. Because I've got one of my own. I hope that it should be pretty easy to find based on the details that (I think) I remember accurately.

The movie I remember I watched probably 12 years ago on satellite TV.
The movie is about two drug dealers in their early 20s, they are transporting a toilet seat or toilet bowl made out of cocaine/drug. I think they got the toilet seat by crashing another drug deal. There's a scene where they go to a college party because there's a guy known as "the chemist" there who has his Master's in chemistry. They want to get him to try and refine some of the drugs from the toilet seat. However everybody on this party is already stoned on whatever new drug the chemist has most recently cooked up. I think they get dosed and the toilet is taken from them.

That's what I remember most anyway. I think one of the main characters is a larger asian dude. He possibly had chained the toilet to himself.The movie may have been in French or made in Quebec.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Looking for a movie that might have been in black and white that involved buying up land and/or houses from people. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Vier posted:

Looking for a movie that might have been in black and white that involved buying up land and/or houses from people. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

The Grapes of Wrath?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

First let me just say that I read the previous iteration of this thread and really enjoyed it. Trying to guess along with some of the vaguest of Clues is very fun. Anyway, I'm apparently awful at searching for movies. Because I've got one of my own. I hope that it should be pretty easy to find based on the details that (I think) I remember accurately.

The movie I remember I watched probably 12 years ago on satellite TV.
The movie is about two drug dealers in their early 20s, they are transporting a toilet seat or toilet bowl made out of cocaine/drug. I think they got the toilet seat by crashing another drug deal. There's a scene where they go to a college party because there's a guy known as "the chemist" there who has his Master's in chemistry. They want to get him to try and refine some of the drugs from the toilet seat. However everybody on this party is already stoned on whatever new drug the chemist has most recently cooked up. I think they get dosed and the toilet is taken from them.

That's what I remember most anyway. I think one of the main characters is a larger asian dude. He possibly had chained the toilet to himself.The movie may have been in French or made in Quebec.

Gangster Exchange

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Origami Dali posted:

Gangster Exchange

Only has 6 reviews and 400 ratings on IMDb, lol. Thanks for finding the name. I might make my friends watch this if I can find it.

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 17, 2020

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Origami Dali posted:

The Grapes of Wrath?

I feel like it was much more modern than that.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Vier posted:

I feel like it was much more modern than that.

A long shot and it’s in colour (you haven’t given us much to go on!): There Will Be Blood?

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

therattle posted:

A long shot and it’s in colour (you haven’t given us much to go on!): There Will Be Blood?

Hi, nope, I cannot remember much, I think there were two people going around buying the houses/land, it might have been to do with some sort of cult? possibly to do with a flood or other catastrophe.
Probably set in western america, maybe during the great depression.

Vier fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Mar 17, 2020

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

Vier posted:

Hi, nope, I cannot remember much, I think there were two people going around buying the houses/land, it might have been to do with some sort of cult? possibly to do with a flood or other catastrophe.
Probably set in western america, maybe during the great depression.

I never post, but I can't pass up the chance to maybe "Identify A Movie"! Is it Northfolk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4D_41dmCII

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Somewhat ID a movie adjacent.

Is there a website that lets you see what was on cable for a particular time? I want to browse Cinemax's daily schedule from like 1992-1995.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Not a movie, but I'm trying to remember an episode of the Twilight Zone where a guys car breaks down in a strange town where everyone has these remotes that can materialize anything or something to that effect. This ring any bells to you guys?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

doomrider7 posted:

Not a movie, but I'm trying to remember an episode of the Twilight Zone where a guys car breaks down in a strange town where everyone has these remotes that can materialize anything or something to that effect. This ring any bells to you guys?

"Valley of the Shadow."

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Thanks. I always found that episode to be one of the most impactful to me personally.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

BrownPepper posted:

I never post, but I can't pass up the chance to maybe "Identify A Movie"! Is it Northfolk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4D_41dmCII

Thats the one! thanks very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

SimonCat posted:

Somewhat ID a movie adjacent.

Is there a website that lets you see what was on cable for a particular time? I want to browse Cinemax's daily schedule from like 1992-1995.

I don't know of a specific website per se, but the last time I needed that kind of information, I was looking up old tv guides for it