Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa
Apologies in advance that this is a fragment of a memory of a film, but something where someone is being observed/tracked by a chain smoker and the protagonist sees a shitload of cigarette stubs in one spot (hallway? street corner?) to indicate they've been there all night?

edit: I want to say that this was in a neo-noirish dark comedy but I really can't remember anything about the plot or setting. I'm dreading it being something I was huge on and have somehow forgotten.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

A MIRACLE posted:

maybe... what I'm actually remembering is the making of clip, so its a bit more complicated because I haven't seen the actual movie lol. I remember the architecture being distinctly mediterranean and it being daylight and outside

that's a really cool sequence though

I could be way off, but perhaps I Am Cuba? The architecture could read as Mediterranean and there's a couple of acclaimed building-scaling shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOLVm_9UcRw&t=171s - opening scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCdahJlwTG0 - funeral tracking

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

The Demilich posted:

This is going to be a weird one.
When I was a tiny Demilich in the early 90's, I remember seeing a horrific scene on my grandpa's television.

The scene took place in a hospital, with two people side by side in the room each laying in their respective hospital beds. The camera zooms in on one of the individuals whose mouth opens and this kind of long/gross creature slowly crawls out of the person's mouth. This long creature then reaches across the gap between the beds with its body, and then crawls up and enters the other patients mouth and continues on down the person's throat until it was fully inside the patient.

Anyone have any guesses what this might be from?

This thing definitely happens in a scene in The Hidden from 1987 (good film that's otherwise more fun than horrific) - not sure it matches shot for shot, but that could just be how childhood memory works

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

Gertrude Perkins posted:

Can someone help me find a documentary? Watched it about 8-9 years ago in media studies undergrad. Made in the late 00s I think. Called Mediocracy or Media-ocracy or something like that. It's (at least partially) about the Italian news and entertainment media, Silvio Berlusconi, and Italian attitudes toward gender roles. There was a recurring motif of gloved hands shuffling playing cards with media logos on them, I think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Videocracy_(film)

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

trevorreznik posted:

I'm vaguely recalling a movie from the 60s-70s where a spy is on the run from his own government, and at some point has to go to a physical telephone interchange building and is rewiring the physical wires to eavesdrop/sabotage/do something else.

I thought it was Three Days of the Condor, but it isn't. Any ideas?

I don't like to second guess but are you 100% sure it's not Three Days of the Condor? Because there absolutely is a scene like you're describing in it: