Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Nettle Soup posted:

Looking for a film about a dinner party, probably black and white, proobably British. There might've been two ghosts observing things, but I might also be mixing two films up... It might've been filmed in real time, but I honestly think that's a third film I'm mixing in. Either way I can't find any of them. It wasn't a horror film.

It was sad because they were all getting older and it was most likely the last party where they'd all be together. I found it very boring, but my mum made me watch it, I kinda wanna go back to it now I'm older, but she's dead so I can't ask her what the film was. :(

It wasn't The Shooting Party, but she made me watch that too.
The "two ghosts" thing makes me think of Max Ophüls's The Tender Enemy (1936), but that's kind of an obscure movie and in French

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

wildmamboqueen posted:

OK, this one has been bugging me for a few years. I hope someone can help.

I took this film out of the Library in 2016, but I watched hundreds of movies that year, and lost my list. It was no more than a few years old at the time.

The packaging was quite nice with a booklet and everything, which made me think it was Criterian, but a. quick search of their catalog revealed nothing.

I was either from China or Taiwan. There were 3 separate stories that were linked together, and each story showed the toil that modern life/capitalism had on the lower class. The 1st story revolved around a very poor man in a small village and developers were taking over (?); the 3rd was a young person working in a very glitzy environment (Taipei?) and he had a really lovely living situation. I cannot recall the 2nd story at all, but it had to do with a woman.

I really enjoyed it at the time, and would really like to give it a re-watch

Thanks goons!

e: It's a drama, not a documentary.
I'm going to take a stab that it's A Touch of Sin (2013), even though there were four stories instead of three

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
The Americanization of Emily

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Fat Girl?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I googled "movie scene badly piano performance" and after some digging, found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0vyMuAkOYQ

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
are you thinking of blood wings? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_wings

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
It sounds like The Guest, but that's from 2014

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I remember that from the beginning of kurosawa's ran

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
out of all directors, i'm still genuinely mad shane carruth turned out to be a shithead