Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Two isolated scenes I dimly recall from my childhood:

A sci fi film probably from the 80s. A bad guy has an energy whip and uses it to chop a statue in half. Someone is trying to burn evidence and gets his hand chopped off by the whip before he can finish.

A horror, also probably 80s. A guy is in some sort of factory with a machine that's mashing something up, possibly cotton. There are rats he talks to and gives names. One of the rats pees, he says something like "you're no lady, Gertrude" and throws it in the masher. The killer approaches him from behind, he gives a reaction shot scream, then gets shoved in the masher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

Graveyard Shift

Perfect thanks!

e:

gey muckle mowser posted:

Johnny Mnemonic maybe? the statue part happens in this clip, not sure about the rest https://youtu.be/DeO_vuhMM9o

Yes, that's definitely it. You guys are quick :)

bitterandtwisted fucked around with this message at 13:14 on May 25, 2020

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

British made for TV children's movie or possibly mini-series I saw in the 90s.
Protagonist is an overweight girl. She and her mum move to a village with a dark past. Girl befriends an old lady. Turns out the old villagers have some sort of magic powers and many years ago some bad things went down. The old lady's mother became a sort of avatar for their power and there was an image of her rising from a lake wreathed in fire and wearing a mask. "A monster. We called it sanctuary," is how I think the old lady described it.
There's a scene where the girl tries to explain things to her mother, who not only dismisses it but says she's making up stories because she's lonely. "You're fat and you're lonely and each makes the other worse" is how I remember her putting it.
At some point there's a boy who has powers and bleeds from his nose or ears when he tries using them.

The antagonist is a young woman who also has the powers. She eventually takes control of the old villagers and makes them chant together. The old lady resists until she hurts her. At some point bad woman loses control and a mob confront her as she stands by a cliff. Fat girl pleads not to hurt her, old lady insists it must be done but eventually is convinced to spare bad woman who kills herself anyway by jumping off the cliff.

I was quite young when I saw this and some details may be completely wrong

e: remembered another detail. At one point the old lady shows the girl the site of an old fire and says "there are many scars in this village, but this is the deepest one". I think it was where they burned their children's toys or maybe the school burned down. There's some reason there aren't many children around

bitterandtwisted fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jul 10, 2021

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

codyclarke posted:

This one's on the tip of my tongue. Some sort of movie where two apartments are connected by a hole behind the medicine cabinet—you can pull the medicine cabinet off and just climb through the rectangular hole into the other one. This is discovered at some point in the movie, which explains how someone sneaks from their apartment into the other.

Candyman

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

I’m trying to remember an actor, but I can’t think of his name or anything he’s been in specifically and it’s driving me nuts. He’s a character actor, not a leading man type, and I feel like he usually plays bad guys or at least smarmy types. He’s got one of those kind of tight faces, usually wears glasses and is balding. Kind of reminds me of a skinny John Carroll Lynch. Please help

Michael Ensign?
Hotel manager in Ghostbusters, businessman in Titanic, conservative politician in the First Contact TNG episode

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Freakazoid_ posted:

Looking to pin a specific scene to a vampire movie from the 90's or early 00's. A half-conscious woman is strapped to a high tech table in a vampire bar/lounge. Someone pushes a button and several long needles pierce her, siphoning her blood through plastic tubes into individual cups or wine glasses along the sides of the table.

I rewatched all three Blade movies this week but the scene I'm thinking of wasn't in any of them.

The alternate wish-world episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC31mMQ8iK8

bitterandtwisted fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jun 21, 2022

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

A "comedy" from the 50s or 60s about a husband and wife who get dogs. The wife has several small dogs that cause havoc when she´s not watching. The husband has a big, unruly dog.
There are two Japanese interior decorators who may have been white guys in yellowface who are scared of the big dog and think it´s a lion. At one point the husband scares them by yelling "Rook out, Rion!"

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The Ugly Dachshund, 1966
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLQMQYx4y4s

E: IMDB says that it features Robert Kino (aka Robert Tatsuya Kinoshita) and a young Mako in one of his first credited movie roles
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061135/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

That's it, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Gripweed posted:

I just had a stray memory of someone ominously doing paper mache. It’s not After Hours, I saw that recently and it’s not what I’m thinking of.

Eugene Tooms building his nest in X-files?