Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

NikkolasKing posted:

That's exactly it, thank you.

I should actually watch this movie.

Yes you should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2a2fAEQaGo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Guy, possibly bearded, starts a crowd brawl by jumping straight in the air and kicking his opponent in the torso with both feet.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

Reupping two of my white whales from ages past:

And a new one: one character is bad at shooting and another says "you wouldn't hit water if you fell off a boat".

Bull Durham has "From what I hear, you couldn't hit water if you fell out of a loving boat," but it's about baseballs, not bullets.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

I distinctly remember a scene that shows the reprisals against the SS camp guards at Dachau. The US troops take the guards, like them up against a wall in a coal yard, and start shooting them because "they're trying to escape." The scene leaves it somewhat ambiguous as to whether the execution was a deliberate action or just one guy screwing up and firing for no good reason whereupon others start shooting as well until the guards are dead.

I believe it's a fairly recent film, not something decades old, and honestly it might have been in a miniseries as well. It's not Shutter Island, and it's not animated. Any ideas?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Probably from the 70s, drug smugglers use a pipeline pig to move narcotics across the Mexican border.

Not the Bond movie where they smuggle out the KGB defector, nor the Tony Hillerman novel.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Zogo posted:

Years ago there was a guy who came ITT every few months asking about a line like "I thought this car was cherry, boy" or something like that. Anyway I was watching Return of the Living Dead II and there's a guy who says a line close to that.

I’ve seen the film he’s talking about but can’t ID it either but it isn’t that.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Shrecknet posted:

Maybe not "identify a movie" but what's the jargon for stuff that actually happens in the world but actors don't do and it's like the obvious tell of an amateur? Like, "character wakes up, puts on slippers, put on robe, goes into kitchen" but like, a normal movie is just "character wakes up. Cut to: In kitchen, wearing slippers, pouring coffee" because we don't actually need to see all that?

It's not because we don't need to see it, it's because you didn't get paid for product placement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5WgAubyhYw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

DoombatINC posted:

Oh, Supernova is one of the most impressive trainwrecks of the last few decades - huge stars on camera, impossible auteurs off camera, a budget in the high eight figures, and a complete nightmare behind the scenes. Walter Hill took his name off it, James Spader has disowned it, and the wikipedia page is 9/10ths "what the gently caress happened" by volume.

Holy poo poo, they brought in Coppola to fix it in editing. That's hilarious.