Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

ruddiger posted:

I found this Jeff Goldblum horror movie I thought I never heard of called Hideaway and in the beginning of the movie, some kid stabbed himself in the chest with a knife and I was like ah man, I totally remember this happening in some other movie, but I forgot the name.

Turned out, it was the same forgettable movie.

Thank you for posting this, I was trying to remember the title of this film the other day but found it to generic to even remember or describe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I saw clips of a film on YouTube a few years ago and I'm having trouble digging them back up.

Late 50s-60s era color Japanese musical film about how much work and being a salary man sucks. The two parts I remember is a musical number where all the drunk salary men dance in a construction area after coming out of the bars and a song sung by a woman at a company called "In America" (アメリカでは)

Despite the very specific info I'm having trouble finding it so if anyone knows and has a YouTube link to either I'd be much obliged

Of course I tried one last thing and figured it out right after posting: Kimi mo shusse ga dekiru (1964)

hallo spacedog fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jun 17, 2023

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

For anyone who is curious, that link has a full upload of the film and the construction zone dance scene starts at about 1:25:30

The big song & dance number "In America" starting at 32:15 where they decide to start running their corporation "American style" is also a real humdinger :japan::slick::911:

I actually found the "In America" song in 2003ish when Pizzicato Five covered it, and only realized it was actually a cover when someone posted scenes from the film on (I think) Twitter a couple of years back.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Martman posted:

Lynch is definitely good at burning certain scenes into the memory. Mulholland Drive has at least one that most people will remember for the rest of their lives lol

That's one of the greatest scenes ever

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Grassy Knowles posted:

Also Clifford when Charles Grodin showed up

My sister was obsessed with this movie when we were kids so I've seen it too many times

It's not good

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Grassy Knowles posted:

I politely disagree

Ok the scene where Clifford makes an insane face and Charles grodin says why can you act like a human is an actual thing my kid does and it makes me laugh

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Alan Smithee posted:

Should be Charles Rodan

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I don't think it's Suspiria 77 either, I've seen that movie many times and don't recall that scene being in it either