Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Could someone have a link put in the old thread? Took me a while to find thisone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

In, not to. I had the old thread bookmarked and it took a bit to track the new one down.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Darthemed posted:

Action(?) movie where two fighters are rolling around on the ground, one has a pen, jabs it into the other, then smacks the clicker on top to jab him even more.

Just saw something much like that in The Hunt trailer, did it maybe brain worm it’s way into your memory?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Second one sounds like My Boyfriend's Back

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MisterGBH posted:

I'm trying to remember a ludicrous film where the actors are OTT fighting with some superpowered motorbikes. I seem to think it was in front of a row of vending machines or a giant billboard advertising an energy drink.
I think it was around the time of Fast And The Furious do early '00's. Any idea?

Torque

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Leavemywife posted:

I'll throw an easy one here that literally just crossed my mind and I've not even tried to remember. It takes place in a seaside town, with some kind of water worms taking over people. It's pretty recent, found footage, I think, following two teenage sisters. I think the entire town winds up infected and the army steps in.

Probably The Bay

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

value-brand cereal posted:

I think a documentary. I swear it felt like a news show but that also feels incorrect. I do remember them carrying the camera down hallways.

That’s sort of what happens in the last segment of the second VHS

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 6, 2020

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dmitri-9 posted:

Sorry no. It was a noirish film but more psychological and less action. Also the kidnappers targeted children of criminals if I remember correctly.

Was it that one with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There was a horror movie coming out before everything shut down that looked good. 2 kids stuck in a cabin with their step mother/dad's girlfriend and she starts going crazy. Anyone remember the title?

E: The Lodge, found is 2 seconds later

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

artsy fartsy posted:

Some action/adventure movie I saw as a kid (so 80s or 90s) where the villain had a metal plate in his head (from an accident, I think) and would sometimes grab his head in pain and groan "The pressure! The pressure!"

IIRC it was not a serious movie, and I didn't like it, but ol' metal head has stuck with me throughout the years.

Mr. Nanny or Suburban Commando, but it definitely has Hulk Hogan in it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I feel like there are some westerns and samurai movies with that idea but they aren't quite comedies

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

happyhippy posted:

Here's an obscure one.
Friend wants to find a film from Golden Harvest, asian film company.
Its from the 70s, sent in the 70s, and it has a woman playing a man.
Thats all he remembers atm, will add more if he remembers anything else.

He's a woman she's a man

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

happyhippy posted:

Sorry, not that. He says its an old style kung fu movie.

Here's everything they've made, might help to flip through the years he's thinking of

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sentinel does as well I think

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

albedoa posted:

I'm trying to think of a movie whose theme is infidelity. There is a man and a woman who are married. The woman is an art gallerist. I can remember two settings:

The man arrives at his wife's gallery show. The show space is modern and swanky. It is dimly lit for the show, but some of the walls are lit up with deep red and blue colors. The woman thanks her husband for coming and goes back to her duties. The man starts a conversation with a woman who will become his affair partner.

The other setting I remember is the expensive brick city loft in which the couple lives. There is a main floor with an open plan. The living and kitchen areas are adjacent to each other. Then there is a spiral staircase with iron rails that leads up to the bedroom. The upper area looks down onto the main floor. At some point, the wife returns home unexpectedly to discover the other woman in bed with her husband. A fight ensues. I don't remember if it becomes physical. I think this was at the end of the movie.

The husband is a chiseled, handsome guy. A vague description of him could fit Sam Worthington or Michael Fassbender (but combing through his films, it's not Fassbender). I don't remember the women at all.

I would have watched this movie around its release, which most likely was between 2011 and 2016. It has an aesthetics similar to "Last Night" (2010) or "Shame" (2011) and a lot of other movies about wealthy but emotionally burdened city folks that came out around that time. It probably had the 2.39:1 aspect ratio too. It is possible I dreamt this movie, but I'm curious if you recognize it. Thanks!

Closer?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Edward Mass posted:

OK, so it wasn't Spaced Invaders, and I KNOW it isn't *batteries not included or Mac and Me. The aliens were, like, 2-feet tall and possibly CGI. I swear this was a made-for-TV movie.

I know the one you mean and I distinctly remember missing it every time it was on and being pissed at my parents, stupid pre-PVR days. It does exist though

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Damnit I was too slow. Good news is it's all on youtube

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Heavy Metal posted:

Here's one that's a bit vague, but it haunts me. I saw this awesome movie on I think SyFy network maybe 15 or more years ago. A cheesy noir-ish sci-fi and/or fantasy movie. The main thing I remember at the time is I thought the main character talked like Max Payne, everything he said was awesome and ridiculous with the hard boiled quips etc.

The movie was kind of cartoony, think say Hudson Hawk. It may have been straight to video or TV. I think he may have killed a husky villain and somebody may have mentioned chocolate cake, but I might be mixing that with something else. Also, it's not Cast A Deadly Spell or Max Knight UltraSpy.

A bit tough to nail down, so if you know a few it could be I'll take as many as you can think of. It just had haunted me for years, I remember googli ng it way back in the day and asking on IMDb or something and never found it.

Shoot 'Em Up?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This is way harder to find than it should be for some reason.

I'm remembering a show from the 90s where a guy and his dog (Saint bernard I think) get their minds swapped in an accident, then the guy's body dies right away and the series is just him in a dog's body getting into sitcom hijinks. It may have been Canadian,or was at least on ytv.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's the one! I distinctly remember the electricity.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

JordanKai posted:

Too old, I'm afraid! The film I'm thinking of is from 2017 at the earliest, I think. I Saw the Devil is on my watchlist, though!

Probably not it but Train to Busan had some big names

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Boz0r posted:

I remember some bits of a sci-fi/fantasy b-movie I saw in a fever dream 25 years ago, and I may be mixing movies.

It had some sort of Dennis Hopper-like bad guy, I think he had his dick shot off, or something, and he wanted to rape some space princess, and it turned out he'd gotten a robot dick of some kind.

It also had a space chick flying away in a small space ship, exploding, but talking to the main character while it looked like she was still in the cockpit. Also, she may have been a giant spider.

Space Truckers

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Iakona posted:

I feel like I watched this movie on early streaming netflix...so late 2000s? I don't remember much but it was an action/sci fi movie, and it was also pretty low budget. I think it was in english, but it may have been dubbed over. I seem to recall it was set in present day for the most part, and it had something to do with like 2 sides fighting against each other I think, and they weren't quite in the normal realm? Like when someone would get thrown through a table it would fix itself back together right after. I think a lot of them had cosplay looking costumes/weapons but its been so long. I don't remember much, except being surprised by a low budget flick on a streaming site that at the time didn't really have poo poo worth watching besides tv shows from other networks.

I know its not much to go on, and hell this may just be a fever dream. I've tried googling and looking through the list of sci fi movies on wikipedia for early 2000s.
Nightwatch maybe?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Probably Kevin Durand

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tommy Lee Jones is about 40 years my senior and I'm pretty sure he could take me

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

sigher posted:

Still looking for this one, nothing I search brings anything up. It's so god drat vague or too lengthy to bring any good results.

Worst case dig through here.
Also it's probably not what you're looking for but could it be a mixed up memory of Southbound?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Freakazoid_ posted:

I'm looking for a particular scene involving a kung fu trope where a master holds something small in his hand and the apprentice has to snatch it. Usually it's a pebble, but the one I'm looking for involves a coin or a washer. It would've been a movie or tv show from the 80's or 90's.

Blood sport?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Had this flash of a memory, someone talking on a phone and then it starts melting. Maybe one of the Amityville movies?
And no it's not Nightmare on Elm St

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Google says this is 1408. Spoiler, I guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvlKd4wdAik&t=160s

I also saw a reference to a melting phone in The Gate in search results, but I didn't spot any video clips for it. Never saw that either, so couldn't say if it's in there.

I watched it in the mid-90s so definitely not that. Could be the gate though I'll see if I can track that one down

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That could definitely be it. Not exactly what was in my head but it was also nearly 3 decades ago

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Some more detail to it, I remember a woman or girl on the phone she freaks out when it happens and throws it down, which definitely seems like the gate from that trailer clip. I feel like the phone was white but that could easily be my memory

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Origami Dali posted:

You said it wasn't the first Elm St, but what about New Nightmare? They redo the phone scare, and then it starts excreting spit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnNxpP-ErKs&t=109s

Ooh poo poo, that does look a little more like what was in my head

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I mean probably not, but Coneheads?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’m trying to remember an actor, but I can’t think of his name or anything he’s been in specifically and it’s driving me nuts. He’s a character actor, not a leading man type, and I feel like he usually plays bad guys or at least smarmy types. He’s got one of those kind of tight faces, usually wears glasses and is balding. Kind of reminds me of a skinny John Carroll Lynch. Please help

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

J.K. Simmons?

I am offended by the implication that I don't know who JK Simmons is but no, lower profile and darker hair.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nothing yet.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You guys are naming some very high profile people. This guy’s probably more of a tv actor I think

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Not exactly skinny but tight features, and definitely not overweight I'd say

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nope. I'm going to have to take it to my grave I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Is there any chance at all you can name the years he was active? Like, you first saw him in 1996 or something like that?

Not being able to remember specific things isn't helping but I'm going to say it feels like he's still actively working, but I feel like early/mid 2000s feels right. I keep thinking he was on something like Parks and Rec but I'm pretty sure I'm mixing him up with the guy who played the doctor there.