Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

sigher posted:

So a while back there was a weird film I saw on Netflix I believe that took place in some sort of "mine" or cave or some poo poo, I remember the main character waking up down then. I think the film was in black and white or there might have just been such little color it looked like it. I remember that the cave setting didn't really look like a cave and the walls (from what I recall) looked like they were made from black trash bags and everything was wet. I think all of the characters looked like they were dirty with oil or some poo poo. I think the whole film was him exploring this place and meeting others in it but I don't remember if there was any explanation as to where the gently caress he was or why anyone was in there. I think it was pretty sci-fi, there might have been cables and computers around at certain points.
Pandorum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Action(?) movie where two fighters are rolling around on the ground, one has a pen, jabs it into the other, then smacks the clicker on top to jab him even more.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Trevor Hale posted:

Bourne Identity?
He does fight with a pen, but that's not it.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Nah, it's done kind of like how John Wick bops his knife into another guy in his first movie.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Nah, I haven't seen any trailers for that movie.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
That’s Mr. Nanny, for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKXpn-IE7lI

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
This is probably going to be very obvious in retrospect, but...

Some guys have just concluded a deal, one of them starts flipping the dollar bundles by his ear to check their amount, and claims that one of them is short. Cut to the end of the bundle being recounted, and it is short, and the other guy says something like 'Very impressive, Mr. [whoever]."

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Pretty sure it was Who’s Harry Crumb?, thank you!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

dangerburrd posted:

It’s some Chinese action movie, two guys are beating the hell out of each other in a bathroom (maybe in an airport?) and it’s filling with gas or something, the one guy has to keep trying to drink water from the sink and the other one keeps hitting him. At one point they beat each other up with towels.
Sounds like the climax of the Jet Li movie The Defender (a.k.a., The Bodyguard from Beijing).

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Mindwalk, maybe?
https://boxd.it/HJi

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
'80s or '90s (kids?) movie: A boy, seeming like he can't come up with a better insult, just yells "...go suck an egg!" at someone who's leaving.

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 17, 2020

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Pilchenstein posted:

Pretty sure a kid says that to Dick Tracy in the 90s version, as a throwback to the 40s version.
That is absolutely it, thank you!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
It's not Tobe Hooper's Eaten Alive, is it?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

site posted:

Okay I need help and also know that I'm not crazy, I caught this horror comedy movie on cable (I think on-demand if that helps) sometime between 07-09 and it was about these 3 bros who rent out, or somehow come to live in, this huge house they throw a huge party and I think there were demon girls that were killing people that the boys had to save everybody from?

Sorry if that description sucks but it's all I can remember and scrolling through wikipedia lists isn't jogging my memory

Killer Pad?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

General Venereal posted:

I'm trying to figure out this probably 80 's early 90' s movie. There might be a small chance it was an episode in a tv-series as well, but the gist is that it' s about a pirate(s) who can only set foot on land for a limited amount of time. If the pirate(s) don' t meet the time constraints they get dragged to hell or the underworld by these shadow creatures. They would like just accumulate/appear and then drag em into the ground.

Any ideas?
Multi-part AYAOTD? episode "The Tale of Cutter's Treasure"?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Those both sound like the ‘90s The Shadow.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Disco Pope posted:

This one might be a TV show, but I recall two middle-aged brothers Iiving in their dead mother's house on a rural/small town UK council estate. One brother is a bit simple and dresses in an outdated powder blue football team's tracksuit and draws childlike pictures with crayon. He has to do the toilet in a cupboard because his older brother has laid claim to the rest of the house and his dole money. The brother was a greasy guy in a donkey jacket or army jacket. Vic and Bob come to mind, but even though it was comedy it seems too mean spirited for them and I can't find it. Does this ring any bells?
100 Bloody Acres, maybe?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Trying to ID a film that would have been on a standard cable movie-on-demand channel around 2010. Fairly sure the title was in the format ‘The [noun],’ that it was kind of Hollywood mid-budget, it involved violent consequences whenever someone made a wish, and that it did not skimp on the gore.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Nah, it was more grounded (despite involving wishes), and had some of that post-Saw grime.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Part of that sounds like Digging Up the Marrow, with Ray Wise.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Animation piece with a short little man in blue and white striped pajamas (possibly with a bushy mustache?) traveling up or down a long staircase with a candle. I think he’s mostly scaring himself as he imagines what might be in the shadows. Drawn in that sort of rough, scratchy but friendly style that screams 1970s (kind of like Muzzy, for reference).

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

artsy fartsy posted:

I'm more interested in re-watching it to see pre-Grey's Anatomy Katherine Heigl
You’re gonna see an uncomfortable amount of her.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Black Rainbow, maybe?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Gripweed posted:

I feel like some movie or TV show must’ve had a character do the Sherlock Holmes thing where they deduce another character’s whole backstory on first sight based on tiny visual cues, only to eat poo poo and get every part wrong.
Peter Falk in The Great Muppet Caper.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Theatrically released film from the second half of the ‘90s, genre might have been crime or thriller. There’s a car explosion, but the guy inside the car expands with the explosion, or maybe his expansion causes the explosion. His expansion is like the guy towards the end of Big Trouble in Little China, but it wasn’t presented in a comedic way, from what I remember of the half-minute I saw from sticking my head in while theater-hopping as a kid.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Nah, the guy swelling up and exploding took place over maybe ten seconds at the very most. It was framed like a mob hit carbombing, or something similar.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
That's my favorite Bond film, but it's the wrong decade.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Too early in the decade, would have been ‘95 at the very earliest.

Gonna have to watch Live Wire now, though, that looks bonkers.

E: the people swelling before they explode really makes it feel like it’s on the right track, though. There’s no scene with someone exploding inside a car?

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Sep 11, 2023

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
After checking out the limo scene (thanks!), I don't think that's it. I remember it as being maybe just the one exploding guy in the car, with more held focus on him, not cutting away to anyone else as he was going through the exploding process. Live Wire has definitely come the closest, though, so if I can't find another match, I'm gonna have to conclude that I was somehow theater-hopping at the age of 3 and managed to catch it and form a (mostly) lasting memory from it.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

MariusLecter posted:

This was definitely an older movie sorry forgot to say that. Don’t think it was a series. The style definitely felt like 90s era or so.
Blood Reign: Curse of the Yoma?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

ellie the beep posted:

movie request from my wife who swears it isnt harold and maude but cannot really pin down anything better

seen on late night german television somewhere in the mid-90s to early 2000s at latest, but was definitely post reunification - and shes pretty sure the setting of the movie was contemporary, hence ruling out h&m

features a younger guy somewhere around his twenties getting into a fairly racy or
even explicit relationship with a woman two or three decades his senior.
she's unclear how they come to spend time together, and she has an impression of an exotic, maybe south american maybe french influence but she doesnt know if thats really part of it or if shes mixing up other stuff she watched on late night german television as a teen

Track 29?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Gripweed posted:

The train nightmare and what else?
Alfred Molina, obviously!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
That's from the show The Birthday Boys.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

I'm not talking about The Shadow, which apparently also features a Phurba.

Opopanax posted:

There's that creepy one from The Shadow, too, but thst doesn't possess anyone

Xiahou Dun posted:

Alternatively, maybe you got the time very wrong and you mean Freaky, a body swap slasher that has being stabbed with phurba-like dagger as the mechanic of swapping bodies?

Is this a joke bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
The Reeds?