Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

This one is "what the gently caress was the person next to me on the flight home this afternoon watching on their phone, which was on the seatback in front of them"

I believe it's netflix, because I could swear I saw the words "netflix original series" on some credits at some point. But the thing that made me actually wonder what the gently caress it was, because all the actors were generic white people looking intense, was a moment on the screen where there was nothing but the word "YOU" in all caps, in a serif font, changing color from white to a mottled blood red.

what even the gently caress is that poo poo

maybe it was a trailer? idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Trevor Hale posted:

Probably the show “You”!

I did not know that was a thing. Thanks.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

SimonCat posted:

Somewhat ID a movie adjacent.

Is there a website that lets you see what was on cable for a particular time? I want to browse Cinemax's daily schedule from like 1992-1995.

I don't know of a specific website per se, but the last time I needed that kind of information, I was looking up old tv guides for it

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Torquemada posted:

Looking for a vaguely anarchic parody comedy from the 80’s about a high-school reunion menaced by a serial killer. Had a kind of ‘Porky’s’ vibe to it.

Wacko?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

trying to remember something weird someone I know streamed way back in the day (like two or three years ago)

almost definitely european (german or french probably. maybe polish?)
set in an apartment building where all the tenants are extremely dysfunctional
something horrific in the basement?
some sort of subplot about the local equivalent of child protective services, whose agent possibly gets murdered in the course of events?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I was able to get ahold of the original streamer, it turns out it was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Otik

thanks for looking into it, tho!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Ape Agitator posted:

Gene Simmons

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I've never seen this one, but I've meant to - though if memory serves, it's not very available, and I heard about it via a special showing at a theater that was in another state or country or something that I couldn't go to. I may be combining elements from several of the same filmmaker's movies, I think the showing was a double feature? I just need a push in the right direction.

It was some kind of semi-surrealist film from the UK (?) in the early 80s (?) which, I think, was a series of interviews of people living in the aftermath of some vaguely-described traumatic event and the strange things that occurred thereafter.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It's definitely The Falls, thanks

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

so this is, I think, twice, where I've come to this thread to remember a particular flick and then remembered it (or remembered the major googlable facts) partway through writing a post about it.

for my peace of mind so I don't do it a third time: Nevada Smith

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

this is another one my father-in-law had on the tv (much like the aforementioned nevada smith) and I barely remember any of it

I think it's a movie to do with mexican drug cartels. 2000s-2010s.

the big climactic moment of the thing is (if memory serves) the DEA guy coming over the hill in a helicopter at the last moment while ELO's "do ya" plays on the soundtrack

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm at work so I can't look up clips on my phone, but I'm 99.9% sure this is it, thanks

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The Long Kiss Goodnight?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

asking about samples reminds me of one I haven't been able to crack, google's been no help, even though it seems like a really easy one to figure out. it may be the sort of thing where I'm feeding it the wrong part of the sentence or just scrolling past a link that doesn't look useful but has the answer or whatever

it's the clip at the beginning of "puddle of blood" by hard girls

"you see, i know you're not real, man. 'cause i'm loaded, okay? i've had some experience in that area. besides, that whole rap of yours is bull, anyway: good, evil, it's all the same crap. rock and roll's the only thing that counts, dig? hard rear end blistering awesome heavy metal rock and roll."

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

fantastic, thanks

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It appears to be Children of the Corn II, of all the loving things.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

vessbot posted:

I just remember this from a trailer where it really caught my interest, but I forgot what it was called. It's a Russian film that happens during WWII but I don't think is directly a war movie. Made in the 80's? And super tragic. What I remember is an older child or young teen, possibly an orphan, a setting being a village in the woods. Maybe an abduction was involved, or a terrible family secret.

come and see

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

Years ago someone told me about a movie - or maybe it was a short story, but I'm pretty sure it was a picture. The premise was that someone finds a mysterious pair of glasses that, when you look at someone through them, show you the last minute or so of your relationship with that person. Does this ring any bells?

if there's a chance it's actually a comic book, there's a tiny plot aside in the wicked and the divine, where if you take a photo or video of a certain character, nine times out of ten it won't come out, and the other time, it'll show you the person you love most in the world at their moment of death

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

idk about the blue tint, but was it perhaps mr. freedom?
french, has helmets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Xiahou Dun posted:

Columbo Goes to the Guillotine?

that was my thought as well, and it fits the time period

I don't remember carrots specifically, but he's definitely a weirdo, and the guillotine is a major plot point.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 27, 2024