Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Scuffy_1989 posted:

Two women are in a room alone together One of them starts taking off her clothes and the other one thinks that she is a lesbian coming on to her.

She is really some type of monster kind of like The Thing.

Prince of Darkness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

happyhippy posted:

The practical effects are amazing too, such simple stuff like a tank of water in the dark couldn't be made with CG even today and look as good.

I think this is actually one of the scariest shots in any Carpenter film, behind maybe only a few of the shots of Michael in Halloween. Just an incredibly haunting way to end a film.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also the main character wears a shirt that says Kneale University.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yea Carpenter was so consistent for a long period of time that he has a top-tier of stone cold classics but then his middle-tier is full of stuff that any other director would be proud to call their best film. Something like Starman or They Live would be the crowning achievement for almost any other director.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
The only two films that I would say are definitely consensus top-tier are Halloween and The Thing. After that it's a free-for-all and everyone's list is gonna be different, yea.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

regulargonzalez posted:

In the Mouth of Madness is the sleeper gem and it is absolutely top 3 Carpenter and maybe top 2. It is practically perfect in every way.

For me it's Christine. I didn't see Christine until maybe like five or six years ago and I've rewatched it several times since, every time it shoots further up my rankings. I think at this point it's right outside my top-3 at #4 or #5. And my top 3 also includes The Fog, which I think is pretty unusual, most people don't have it that high.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yea the son's name isn't Esteban but House of Sand and Fog is definitely it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sS-JmL40QQ

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

B-Rock452 posted:

It was Creepshow! Thanks so much. I had actually guessed Return of the Living Dead as well but we watched it and like I said she was adamant the scene she remembered was during the day

I WANT MY CAKE

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Martman posted:

I haven't seen Lifeforce but could that be it? Wrong time period but I know it involves naked women and spaceships lol

Nah, can't be Lifeforce. Only like the first 15 minutes of Lifeforce takes place in space, after that the naked woman is on Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

kalel posted:

Trying to remember a scene from a movie or TV show

I swear it was Stargate or some kind of Egyptian themed movie but basically the king or all-powerful emperor or someone gets mad at one of his guards for some reason and like, uses his magic powers to knock the guy backwards into a wall mural and the guy gets sucked into it and becomes part of it and frozen in marble or something. Another part of me thinks it was Chronicles of Riddick or something? No clue. Does anyone remember this or am I having a Mandela Effect moment

Maybe the opening scene of Wishmaster?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9wOCD2q-sU