Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So a while back there was a weird film I saw on Netflix I believe that took place in some sort of "mine" or cave or some poo poo, I remember the main character waking up down then. I think the film was in black and white or there might have just been such little color it looked like it. I remember that the cave setting didn't really look like a cave and the walls (from what I recall) looked like they were made from black trash bags and everything was wet. I think all of the characters looked like they were dirty with oil or some poo poo. I think the whole film was him exploring this place and meeting others in it but I don't remember if there was any explanation as to where the gently caress he was or why anyone was in there. I think it was pretty sci-fi, there might have been cables and computers around at certain points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Holy poo poo, I believe this is it. Thanks! It's funny because I love Pandorum and first thought it was that when I rewatched it a while back but quickly went, "No, this is the Dennis Quaid one." And I recently just saw Time Trap on a whim.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I saw a movie some years ago about a young girl who lives in a whorehouse somewhere and she crawls through walls and trap doors to get wherever she wants. The place is run by some military dude who I think tried pimping the young girl out or something.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It was more recent and I also think it was foreign? I don't think you saw much of the outside world in the film but whatever you did see looked war torn/post apocalyptic, and the building she was in was nasty and filthy.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I thought I might have somehow imagined a grittier version of Delicatessen but I don't believe that's the case, the film I'm talking about was pretty bleak and I think the little girl dies in the end or maybe one of the other women in brothel or whatever it was does. I'm not sure.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Metaline posted:

The Seasoning House?

That's definitely it! Thanks!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DoombatINC posted:

By coincidence I watched Torque for the first time yesterday and was posting elsewhere about the very good and perfect scene you're referencing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBCeFJ66oRM

This effectively represents the entire movie, both in tone and content

This is comedy gold, what the gently caress.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ok, so I think this might be a mash-up of two films and imagination that I've seen and known for sure, but:

I remember seeing trailers to some film with like... some witches or something in a forest who were part of some tribal/savage clan thing and had dwellings in trees. I remember the savages basically being nude or something and some tit, so I don't know how I this was even a trailer. I remember the word "Brotherhood" in the title, but I THINK it came out around the time that Brotherhood of the Wolf did (2001) so I think I managed to get the name from that film.

So... I think the film I'm thinking of is The 13th Warrior because I remember the group venturing out into the forest and the leader of the savage tribe is female (I believe) but I don't remember any nudity or tree houses. It's probably The 13th Warrior but that came out 3 years earlier, can anyone think of a film like it that came out around 2001? Also I never saw it, just the trailer so I probably made all this poo poo up.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ape Agitator posted:

Makes me wonder if some part of King Arthur might have leaked into it. The Merlin being a druid might get you the trees you're after and Keira wears leather boob armor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLW0HKJX_sI

Holy gently caress, in the trailer (at 1:44) there's the word "Brotherhood." drat, I also remember the blue-ish green hue of the grass and forests exactly how they look in this trailer. I must have completely melded this with The 13th Warrior, thanks!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

Overboard is the "comedy" about Kurt Russell exploiting a woman with amnesia, kidnapping her, and tricking her into raising his kids, right?

This sounds like it owns. Wasn't this remade in the last couple years?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Looking for a horror film that was recent and I think I caught on Shudder or Amazon Prime, but it was a couple being terrorized at night in a remote house in the UK country-side. I think eventually they're killed about half-way through the movie, however the film jumps back in time and it turns out that the initial couple that's being tormented are lovely thieves and the people they robbed that evening are just coming after them to get revenge.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

albedoa posted:

Sounds like an interesting watch. Anyone got an idea?

I've been searching since I made the post to no avail, all of my searches are too long or too vague for me to pinpoint it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I saw this film with two older actors as the main characters, I believe one of them was a detective hunting the other one down (I can't recall why). The whole film was really slow and I don't remember if they ever met each other until the end. I remember the setting but really rural, lots of tall pine trees and tons of fog. In the end the guy being hunted abandons the cabin he's been living in and they have a really, really slow chase through the fog and I remember in the end the detective just lets him go and the guy escapes via plane or helicopter.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

oldpainless posted:

This sounds kind of like Insomnia

I looked it up and seeing Al Pacino's name I knew it was right... However I don't remember loving Robin Williams in this, I thought it was DeNiro if anything. Thanks!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mid 2000s film I believe, I remember the movie taking place at night. I think one was a taxi driver and the passenger was holding him hostage with a gun and he had a briefcase with something important in it. I remember most of the film being them driving around aimlessly having conversation until the middle or end of the film when the passenger exists the vehicle or something to go somewhere and I think the Taxi driver takes it upon himself to chase the passenger down and confront him.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

THANK YOU, I thought I was going insane because I kept thinking it was Changing Lanes but I read the synopsis and knew that it wasn't it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Boz0r posted:

A friend talked about a movie with a group of people going to a bog with in Denmark. Supposedly, this bog was 100 miles from the nearest town, which is pretty stupid.

Pilchenstein posted:

The Ritual maybe?

The Ritual is in Sweden, but you're probably right.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

sigher posted:

Looking for a horror film that was recent and I think I caught on Shudder or Amazon Prime, but it was a couple being terrorized at night in a remote house in the UK country-side. I think eventually they're killed about half-way through the movie, however the film jumps back in time and it turns out that the initial couple that's being tormented are lovely thieves and the people they robbed that evening are just coming after them to get revenge.

Still looking for this one, nothing I search brings anything up. It's so god drat vague or too lengthy to bring any good results.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I've seen and I like Southbound a lot, definitely isn't that one, I'm pretty sure I've seen The Blood Lands and tbe plot sounds familiar but definitely isn't the film. I believe the film I'm talking about only. Took place over a single evening and I remember it being really dark the whole film. I think the initial couple robbed the latter couple at a gas station and maybe killed the clerk too.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

banned from Starbucks posted:

Might have been my youtube cooking channel

lmao

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

lmao, at least he's dedicated to living up to that name.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So there was a recent-ish horror film where someone's facing towards the camera, or off to the side and behind them is another character in the distance listening but off in the distance and out of focus. The closer character isn't looking at them and is just talking for a good while, but the person in the background slowly starts morphing into the demon/entity/whatever-it-was or "changing" in a way that's so subtle you might 2nd guess yourself. However, they morph back before the camera focuses in or cuts to another angle.

This shot was really well done and I'm not even sure that what I saw is what happened but I can't for the life of me remember anything other than this scene.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kvlt! posted:

Escape From Tomorrow?

I'm pretty sure it was in color.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Definitely wasn't Tales from the Hood, it might be a James Wan film, it was more of that style.

I don't think it was Candyman, because I saw that alone once and this film I saw twice, a 2nd time with a friend but I haven't talked to him yet to ask him about it. I pointed it out to him when it happened too but I don't think he'd remember.

edit: I just asked him, he has no idea.

sigher fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jan 14, 2023

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That's why I ask, because I want to see it again, because something in my brain tells me it might not even be anything more than maybe the background character moving. But the way the shot is framed feels so intentional, the foreground character is really close to the camera but there's a lot of the camera pointing right at the other character. It's almost like it's purposefully framed for you to look at the background character, it's awkward. Maybe I was super high or something and saw something that wasn't there.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

YES.

However, now I'm wondering who I pointed this out to because the friend I thought I saw this with hasn't even seen it...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Martman posted:

Mulholland Drive has at least one that most people will remember for the rest of their lives lol

gently caress that scene. Fun fact, the person behind the make-up is Bonnie Aarons, who eventually went on to become The Nun from the Conjuring films!

sigher posted:

I'm going to keep dredging this post up because it's coming up to 3 years and I still can't find it. Due to the synopsis it's basically impossible to search for. I've even tried to ChatGPT this poo poo and it just suggests things close to it, but never the right film.

sigher fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Minghawk posted:

It might have already been suggested but that sounds a bit like The Owners (2020). Or a bit like the vague bits I can remember from it.

This looks familiar, but it also looks like there's daytime scenes and the film I'm talking about was all at night. Maybe I was wrong though, I'll give it a watch.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Edit 2: he says it's insanely familiar, but he can't place it.

drat, thanks though!

Opopanax posted:

It's not 100% but sounds kind of like Mercy

I've never seen Mercy, so it definite isn't it.