Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Zombie movie that was on a streaming channel last night-

It takes place in Brazil but is likely European in origin. Premise is, some people are traveling across the country for some reason I never actually picked up, they stay at this old plantation house, and one of them has secretly gotten ensnared in some voodoo curse, he goes to a nearby graveyard and plays a tape recording of a ritual, and zombies rise. There are six zombies, all dead slaves who were murdered in some past massacre, and now they're seeking revenge by killing six white people. (There's some fumbling with the numbers on this, like there are only five main characters but the sixth is someone who gets killed offscreen?) The zombies all have nooses around their necks and chains on the arms and legs, and they carry weapons. Both times they kill someone they gouge out an eye first.

It is, if you haven't guessed from my description, not very good. Still I couldn't place a title. Anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
So I recently watched "The Firesign Theatre's Hot Shorts!" which is them dubbing over a bunch of clips from old, possibly public-domain movies and serials. Some I recognized but there are a few that I'm curious about.

- One of them involves a woman who can ride elephants and swing on vines a la Tarzan, but also has a camera crew on safari with her. They photograph, and are attacked by, some kind of giant lobster or crayfish (which of course is just the real thing shot on a miniature set), but escape. A couple of poacher-types get the monster to fall into a pit, and try to cover it with dirt, but are distracted by the protagonists showing up, and the woman is attacked by the monster before her hunky love interest stabs it with a spear.

- The other is some kind of "lost underground civilization" story, with a race of winged people (or possibly people wearing winged suits) lording over landbound slaves. Kinda like the hawkmen from Flash Gordon but it's not that, I've seen that. There are some neat miniature shots of the not-hawkmen flying in formation through the city. Eventually there's a revolt, a volcano erupts, and the "queen" escapes with the apparent protagonist and the final scene is them at a ranch house together.

- The last one is apparently a serial set in the modern day (i.e. the 1930s-50s) but the villain is a straight up old timey pirate with the pointy feathered hat and hook and all that. He's got a scientist to create some kind of ray gun that does... something involving a miniature airplane flying and then crashing, they're foiled by a woman and a man with some kind of portable radar thingy that he uses to find the villain's lair.

Like I've seen a lot of old sci-fi movies and I was surprised not to have even heard of some of this.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Action Jacktion posted:

All the films and serials they used are listed here:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0267497/movieconnections/?ref_=tt_ql_dts_6

The ones you mentioned are Panther Girl of the Kongo, Darkest Africa, and Manhunt of Mystery Island.

Ah, makes sense, thanks!