Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I have two I've been trying to track down but can remember very little about. The first is French. A young woman dies in a suicide that may not have been a suicide and her brother is heartbroken. The main character, another young woman, makes a bargain with the dead woman's ex boyfriend. She agrees to seduce the brother and cheer him up. In return, the ex boyfriend will sleep with her. A lot of it is set at a Lysee, an elite school and she spends a lot of the movie watching the dead woman's video diaries.

EDIT: I'm reasonably sure this was a 90s film, possibly late 80s.

The other I remember far less about. I think it's Italian or Spanish. It's mostly about a playboy screwing up and ruining his own life. There's only two scenes I really remember. One is a hilarious scene (possibly unintentionally) where he helps a beautiful woman cross a road before a smash cut to them having sex in a hotel. He says, in voiceover, "Women love me, it is my gift." The other scene is much later in the film. He gets out of prison and a woman who lives nearby takes him in and they very awkardly seduce each other when she drops something, gets on the floor to pick it up and crawls towards him. Those very strange scenes have been stuck in my head for years and I'm desperate to put them in context.

EDIT: no idea when this was made, but probably the 70s or 80s.

Snowman_McK fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I've asked in a few places and i'm increasingly worried I made the movie up.

It's a murder mystery, sort of. It's a french film from the mid to late 90s, possibly early 2000s. A girl commits suicide at the beginning. Her brother is devastated and gets depressed. The suicide's ex boyfriend asks a girl who's really into him to cheer the brother up by having sex with the brother. In return, the ex will have sex with the girl. Most of the movie is spent with the girl going through the suicide's stuff, trying to piece her life together, watching video logs she made, reading diaries, stuff like that. It was on SBS in Australia. I never saw the ending and really want to find out who did it.

Oh, they go to a lysee, one of the schools set up by Napoleon. Don't know if that will help but it's an aspect I remember.