Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

Something I saw in the 90s on network TV (Sci-fi? USA? TNT?) scared the hell out of kid me. It may have been a show and not a movie.

A woman was sobbing about her hair falling out. Cut to what appeared to be black goo eating through someone's hands. Sound familiar?

100% certain that's Leviathan with Peter Weller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
You're the enslaved servant to a wizard in KQ3, while in KQ5, you defeat that wizard's wizard brother by a similar shapeshifting duel. Knowing Roberta Williams, it's quite possible both scenarios where inspired by the movie the OP is looking for.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Do it, and do a Let's Read.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. It might have been the pilot to a TV show that never got made. If it's the same, one more detail is that everyone had a crystal of a certain color to determine how contaminated/mutated(?) they were. The half-mutant's was black.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Custard Undies posted:

First on I'm not sure if it was set in ww2 or Vietnam. The scene I remember the most was a platoon walking thru a field and one of them steps on a land mine so they all start crawling thru the field using their knives to feel for any other mines. I e if the soldiers finds one and I think marks it with a stick so the others can crawl around it.

Kelly's Heroes has a mine field scene exactly like that.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I'm not sure if it was an erotic thriller, but now I remember a scene from some mid-90s TV movie that had a send-up of Basic Instinct, where the femme fatale reassured a bunch of interrogating detectives that, yes, she was wearing underwear, and then proceeded to deduce what kind of underwear each of them was wearing.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

therattle posted:

I am pretty sure it’s from a Naked Gun film.

Then again, there is this from Loaded Weapon

https://youtu.be/iOEgtJBjMlU

I found it, it was called Model By Day, starring Famke Janssen.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
A long time ago, I caught a few snippets of a Hammer-ish gothic horror film from the 60s or 70s. I mainly remember two blond siblings, boy and girl, who may or may not have been murderous and/or satanic. I'm not sure if they were children or young adults. The setting was an English country manor or similar. I seem to recall a stone bird bath in the garden. Maybe a murder with bow and arrow?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Sounds like one of the many Turn of the Screw adaptations. Maybe The Innocents? Was it black and white?

It might have been black and white. But from the trailer of The Innocents, that's not it. The pair was definitely older, at least late teens, and they were definitely both blond. Maybe Turn of the Screw was an inspiration, but I was getting more occultist vibes, less ghost story. I do think the man/boy was an archer. Maybe he shot a bird at some point?

Hmm, is there a bow and arrow used in the original Midwich Cuckoos? I've only seen the Carpenter remake.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I did some more googling and found it. There are a couple of children in in too, which maybe explains my uncertainty about the age, but the pair I was thinking of turned out to be Sharon Tate and David Hemmings. I'm looking forward to watching it now, if this scene is an example.

https://youtu.be/5r1bdhr6qRo

Eye of the Devil, with David Niven, Deborah Kerr and Donald Pleasance.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Purple Gromit posted:

Machete has a similar scene

Also the fake Machete Grindhouse trailer before it got made into a real movie. That was my first guess.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

happyhippy posted:

For a friend:

A TV show or movie, where some killer or spy or soldier left their old life behind or had their memory erased. They build a new life as (gardener/chef/tailor/family man) but then they go into a coma or have their memories returned.

Their friends ask them if they are ok and they say, "I was having a dream, but it's over now." The friends say, "What was it about?" and they reply, "I dreamed I was a (gardener/chef/tailor/family man)."

There was a TV show with Christian Slater that only lasted a single season called My Own Worst Enemy, about a secret agent with an artificially induced cover personality, the microchip in his brain malfunctions and he switches personalities at random from then on. Doesn't really fir the description, but I only watched bits of it.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

dangerburrd posted:

It’s some kind of indie cosmic horror deal that may or may not use puppets, a scene might occur in a movie theatre, and the name of either the movie or the series or the people who made it was something like “star wolf 35”

I don't have much to offer, but Wolf 359 is an actual star (and features prominently in Star Trek TNG.) Maybe this can narrow down your Google searches.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I have no clue either, but I though I'd point out that Highlander had a spin-off series too. Raven, or something.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

banned from Starbucks posted:

Might have been my youtube cooking channel

I don't even want to think about what you've been doing to coffee.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Origami Dali posted:

I got one that I'm not sure is real. A scene flashed into my head a couple of days ago where someone is fighting or talking about fighting someone. Could be a physical fight or gunfight. The person is narrating in some way, talking about their opponent. They're observing "he's skilled and fast, dangerous, but overeager. Sloppy. Too excited and not thinking. Wait for your moment" and then the narrator wins because of their patience and calm. I may be confusing it with the scene in Unforgiven when Gene Hackman talks about what makes a good gunmam (which then plays out in the finale). I was also reminded of that bit in Sin City where Bruce Willis gets clipped and says something like "you idiot, there I go charging in like Galahad like I told myself I wouldn't". But for some reason I keep thinking it's something else.

Not sure if it's also in one of the movies, but your description reminded me a lot of Garth Ennis' writing in Punisher. I'm sure there's a scene like that in the comics.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Terry O'Quinn?
Powers Boothe?
Stanley Tucci?

Vin Diesel?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

2) This one is probably going to be tough. It was on TV but could have been a TV movie (I honestly don't know), it aired sometime between 1993-1999. It was a suspense or horror or sci-fi, there was a woman in it, and at the very end of the movie right before the credits roll, her face disappears or melts off to reveal either a monster or cyborg underneath. Absolutely terrified me as a child, I saw the last ten minutes of it once in my life and I still think about it. I believe the face was either yellow or metallic.

Deadly Friend.

https://youtu.be/oH-QDiwJd4M

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

Wow.

This is it. drat, childhood me is feeling all kinda of ways rn, thank you

It comes up frequently as one of Wes Craven's bad films.

I haven't seen it myself since I was a kid, and I remember being confused by the ending, because it made no sense at all, but it sure was memorable. Looking it up on youtube, it definitely is an effectively creepy and nightmarish scene.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Lemon Popsicle was a huge franchise in Europe, Germany, at least, for whichever reason.

I do have an unidentified 80s sex comedy, if anyone wants to out themselves in being versed in that genre:

Two groups of horny male teenagers are in a competition who can score with a certain girl, and both attempt to cheat: one record her moans from an aerobics(?) workout and try to pass it off as sex noises, the other splices together photographs of her apartment window, one where one of their group is in it, with another where she is naked.

Mid-eighties, and a summer beach resort/hotel setting, I believe. It might not necessarily have been an English language film.

Screwballs 2: Loose Screws sounds somewhat similar and would fit the period, in case anyone has seen it and can confirm or deny.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Price Check posted:

Fraternity Vacation

That's exactly it, thanks!

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
This is just a snippet since I only saw the end or part of the movie, and that was ages ago. Mid- to late eighties, but I saw it on TV so the film could've been older still. It had a feel of older live-action Disney movies.

Protagonists were a boy and a girl, maybe siblings. They were on a lakeside, and there was a sort of swamp-thing, seaweed covered creature. Only it took off its face, and it was actually their grandfather, or kindly older friend. Then they laughed together. Maybe the fake creature had somehow scared away the films antagonists?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

jjack229 posted:

I think it was early 2000's and I feel that's when I remembered the term "road rage" taking off.

Anyone know what movie I'm talking about?

It's probably not it, but John Hyams Alone from 2020 has a woman being car stalked by a serial killer in the first half. I believe it's a remake of some Scandinavian thriller.

Not the most original movie I've ever seen, but especially that first half is pretty tense.

Hannibal Rex fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 8, 2022

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

cookiefulloarsenic posted:

Could this be Under the Mountain (1981) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0202769/? It was a New Zealand tv series that was shown on Nickelodeon in the 80s. It has a brother and sister, a lakeside, swamp thing monsters, and a grandfather-like friend. The whole series is on youtube and archive.org.

Looks promising, I'll give it a watch.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

DoubleCakes posted:

Well, I wasn't expecting a spoof film although it's so absurd it probably would be.

That scene is pretty much a spoof of Live and Let Die.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

The Great Burrito posted:

Movie #2:
TV movie by the look of it, early-mid 2000’s. The sun is getting stronger/ bigger/ sending out solar flares? A bunch of people start to mutate, eventually ending up with almost golden looking scaly skin, no hair. It turns out they’re the only ones able to go outside in the new sun. I only caught the back half of it on Movie Central in Canada when I was home sick one day in approximately 2003-2005 if that helps.

I’m usually able to find stuff through google or remembering an actor or something but these are my two (stupid) white whales

Probably not it, but a long time ago I saw part of some sci-fi movie which seemed to have ecological and metamorphosis themes. Habitat from 1997 with Balthazar Getty.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Freakazoid_ posted:

I rewatched all three Blade movies this week but the scene I'm thinking of wasn't in any of them.

Daybreakers, maybe? The Underworld series would also be a fit for a scene like this.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Pilchenstein posted:

Old war movie that I caught the end of on TNT a while ago, think it might have been about the Kurdish rebellion - a militia gets chased up a mountain by an army and are heroically holding them at bay until planes come and bomb them all. It was in colour and felt like it might have been made in the 50s or so?

Probably not it, as it's from the 80s, but the 40 days of Musa Dagh?

I also seem to remember a scene like that in For Whom the Bell Tolls, but I've never seen the movie adaption.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Scuffy_1989 posted:

Two women are in a room alone together One of them starts taking off her clothes and the other one thinks that she is a lesbian coming on to her.

She is really some type of monster kind of like The Thing.

The Thing prequel had a scene like that.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

i mean there were two women but other than that

I only saw the prequel once, years ago. I probably mixed the scene up with the one from Prince of Darkness myself.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Prince of Darkness is one of my top 3 Carpenters. I love scenarios based on the juxtaposition of a scientific worldview encountering supernatural events.

Also see Nigel Kneale, especially the Stone Tape and Quatermass and the Pit.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

soylent_green posted:

Looking for an old black and white film that I believe was broadcast on "Horror Incorporated" in the Twin Cities in the mid to late 70's. The only scene I can remember is in the basement, or dungeon, of a castle. The camera is watching a character who is lurking around the stone support posts, watching a woman in an old-style bathtub (think brass or half barrel) who is either washing or shaving her legs. The creepy voyeur moves silently around (and the camera follows), watching her.

That's all I can remember. Anybody got any ideas?

Well, the first thing that came to mind is Sharon Tate spending a lot of time in various bathtubs in The Fearless Vampire Killers, but that's not in black and white and probably too easy, right?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Either a Terrence Hill/Bud Spencer movie, or some older physical comedy:

In a brawl, the hero wheel his arm in an exaggerated manner, only to punch his opponent with his other one.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

therattle posted:

Is there not a scene like that in “Top Secret!”?

https://youtu.be/MfRi-a8hPh0&t=1m25s

Yeah, that might be it. If anyone can remember similar scenes, let me know.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Sir Nose posted:

Top Secret! was probably referencing this, which was still pretty fresh in everyone's minds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_gmZn9YlXs&t=62s

That's awesome. Hilarious that it worked in real life.

therattle posted:

The clip isn’t playing but I’d love to see it! Is it the underwater bar right?

Yeah, that's the one. Maybe it works for you without the timestamp?

https://youtu.be/MfRi-a8hPh0

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I'm looking for a film that I only caught the ending of, ages ago. 70s or 80s, about the CIA or a similar sinister government agency using/brainwashing telekinetic or clairvoyant people to perform assassinations, I think. The finale involved the protagonist to unleash his powers in the agency's high tech facility.

I used to think it was The Fury, but I just watched that and it doesn’t match. It's not Scanners or Firestarter either. The main antagonist was a well known actor, though apparently not Kirk Douglas, like I thought. Other names that came to my mind for the role were Lee Marvin or Robert Vaughn, but glancing at their filmographies hasn't turned up a match.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Origami Dali posted:

Sounds like the original Firestarter w George C Scott

Hannibal Rex posted:

It's not Scanners or Firestarter either.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Zogo posted:

It could be Dreamscape.

That one looks promising.

The Power is too old. It definitely hat a late 70s, early 80s aestethic - another film I at one point thought it might be it was Brainscan. That was another miss, but the tech design was close.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

paid money to post posted:

I've got something that's been at the back of my mind for years. This would have been playing on something like Showtime, Cinemax, or HBO in the late 80's early 90's. Possibly SYFY early 90's. I saw this several times as a kid and remember loving it.

Details are foggy, but here's what I remember. Two scientists discover a caveman skeleton. They take it's finger - I think it was a pinky finger - and began regrowing it's flesh. They eventually recreate the entire caveman in a lab and bring it back to life. Things of course go terribly wrong and it escapes. He murders the scientists. I remember it ending with the scientist's corpse missing the same finger that was taken from the caveman, though my brain may have added that bit.

Googling this story, the only thing I can find is Encino Man or Bela Lugosi's "Return of the Ape Man." Which this story seemed to have ripped off with a slight update and some gore. And of course, color film! It may have been part of an anthology movie or an episode from a TV show. I remember it being quite short. Any idea?

Carry On Screaming definitely has a "apeman regrown from finger" scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Alien Resurrection also has a scene like this.