Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Two that never got solved from the last thread:

1 - cops are questioning a guy in prison, he's been inside so long he's never seen a cigarette with a filter on it before. Also the room they're in just looks like an office rather than part of a prison, maybe?

2 - cops breach a door by sticking some kind of tactical metal bucket full of grenades to it with suction cups. It's absolutely ridiculous. Saw this late 80s or early 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Long shot because I don't remember it at all but Bulletproof probably ends with Damon Wayans letting Adam Sandler go.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Possibly Fled, but I don't remember that scene. I swear there was another "two convicts chained together" film out around the same time but all I thought I remembered of that was it starred Raul Julia and he didn't do anything like that it seems.

Edit: Fled apparently does have a scene with a train on a bridge

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 7, 2020

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
The pen he uses to stab someone in that isn't the clicky kind, though he does flick the cap off one handed.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I'm sure there's been plenty of times when people have posted a detailed description of something that turned out to be nothing at all like what they remembered :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Was reminiscing with a mate about lovely action films we watched as teenagers and need help identifying two based on henchman dialogue.

Film 1: There's two henchmen, something happens and one says "poo poo!" the other says "gently caress!" and then they both say "shitfuck!" in unison. I want to say this was a Cynthia Rothrock film for some reason.
Film 2: A henchman responds to something unfortunate happening with "poo poo on me!".

Can't remember anything else and they might be the same film for all I know, we just remember everyone in school quoting the gently caress out of those lines :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
No wonder we couldn't find them if I had Rutger Hauer confused with Cynthia Rothrock and The Crow didn't actually come out until we were in college lol, cheers all :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Live action kids film or show from the 80s or earlier, presumably wizard of oz themed, involved a group of kids and the primary antagonist was a witch who at one point turned one or more of the kids into flying monkeys. I feel like it might possibly have been from Australia or New Zealand.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Darthemed posted:

'80s or '90s (kids?) movie: A boy, seeming like he can't come up with a better insult, just yells "...go suck an egg!" at someone who's leaving.
Pretty sure a kid says that to Dick Tracy in the 90s version, as a throwback to the 40s version.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

That Spooky Witch posted:

its vague, I know, but i am _particularlly_ invested in finding the name of this individual, and will take as many false positives y'all throw at me because I will know the right one when I see it.
It fits literally nothing beyond the word motel but Identity from 2003 was the first thing I thought of.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

rotinaj posted:

There is an 80s or very early 90s dark comedy where there is a love triangle going on, and then one of the women tries to kill the other. When the other is inflicted with a mortal blow, I think the first one being a broken neck, she doesn't die, but stands back up and fixes it. They then trade deaths, killing one another over and over in a slapstick manner and I remember a shotgun being used to blow a hole in one of their stomachs. Anyone know what movie this was?
Death Becomes Her

Edit: no need for a question mark, I got the title right :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
That's possibly the greatest take in the history of the visual arts tbh

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Selachian posted:

Then he tries "Your mother wears army boots!" on the leader of the biker gang. But the leader just responds, oh, you know her? Yeah, she loves those boots!
I swear I can hear Adam West's Batman responding to "your mother wears army boots" with "she finds them very comfortable"

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
:allears:
It's good to know my memory can recall the important stuff when needed :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I should have added that even though the Batman show used that line it's probably not what the OP was looking for because none of the other details match and it's also a pretty obvious comeback to what used to be a pretty common insult
Oh yeah, I figured even accounting for some of the wild tricks memory plays nobody was confusing Adam West's Batman for an entire biker gang. It was more a request of my own if anything, which I thank you for helping with :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
An early episode of Criminal Minds opens with Bach's Cello Suite No 1 which has me convinced that I've seen another show open with the same piece of music. I thought it was Elementary but from looking at the wiki, although that piece has been used in two episodes it wasn't the opening scene either time. Figured I'd ask here on the off chance :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
It would never have occurred to me that Bach has an imdb page, his agent puts in work I guess :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
The new Hitman game has a scene where (spoilered in case anyone cares about videogame plots for some reason :v:) someone cornered by villains commits suicide to prevent the protagonist from giving his life in a futile rescue attempt and I've been racking my brain to try and work out where they stole it from.

The closest I can get is Blown Away but I'm sure whatever I'm thinking of was specifically an unwinnable fight rather than an undefusable bomb.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I'm sure I've seen that but I'm not sure what scene you're thinking of?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I figured it was probably going to be a long list lol, don't think it's any of these so far but I'm wondering now if there's a tv tropes page or something I can trawl through :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Is it when Darth Vader tosses the Emperor down the shaft?
lol

From looking at tv tropes (which honestly reads like I'm having a stroke at times :v:), I discovered that Tim Robbins does more or less the exact thing I'm thinking of (kills himself to stop his wife from attempting a futile rescue) in Mission to Mars but I've not seen that. I'm doubting myself that it might've involved a fight now but it's definitely someone killing themselves to deter a rescue of some kind.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

morestuff posted:

Who’s the big square-headed character actor that’s not Ron Perlman? More of a TV guy, I’m pretty sure he had a small recurring role on Lost
Andrew Divoff?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
The Ritual maybe?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
If it's not Shooter, I recall Vantage Point had someone being shot at a political rally.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

morestuff posted:

Pretty sure that also happens in Jack Reacher
Jack Reacher opens with a mass shooting by sniper rifle but I don't recall any political rallies, it's just people in the street.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
That's a good shout, I've not seen it since the 90s but I'm pretty sure you're right.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

zombieman posted:

I think there's a scene like that in Grosse Pointe Blank.
It's different enough that it's probably not it, assuming you mean the bit where Cusack snipes the cyclist outside the hotel and then Aykroyd empties two handguns into the cyclist's target.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

I'm trying to remember a movie from the late 80s, early 90s. All I remember is a scene where there is a Japanese dude on a train fighting ninjas. There is a part where some ninjas throw throwing stars at the guy and he knocks them out of the air. After the action is done, feds come in to investigate. While they're all still on the train, a fed says to the Japanese guy that they need his sword as evidence. The Japanese guy doesn't want to, but then he's like fine. He drives the sword into the floor of the train, and then breaks it in half. The only other scene I remember is this guy going to a sword maker and being like I need a new sword to kill the main villain with. That's all I got.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunted_(1995_film) maybe?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

LookieLoo posted:

I guess I just imagined Samuel I Jackson riding James McAvoy.
Whom'st among us etc :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Basically nothing to go on here but: someone is holding an old (like 80s/90s) rotary phone (both parts, not just the receiver) and they make a show of pulling the cable free of the furniture so they can move around with it.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Is this in a horror context, like it’s someone getting scary calls?
I don't think so, no. My first thoughts were either the overdose scene in Pulp Fiction or John Doe's apartment in Se7en but I checked and it's neither - Pulp Fiction was close, the guy is pacing with the phone but he doesn't unsnag the cable.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_Sun_(1992_film)

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
The Dying Gaul (2005) maybe.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Jonathan Banks, Michael Ironside or John Kapelos?

Edit: Kurtwood Smith?

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 4, 2021

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Enrico Colantoni, Will Sasso, Hugh Dillon?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
"Name A Bald Man For Me!" Thread: Part 3D

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Larry Miller?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
500 Days of Summer, maybe?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
A film where someone prompts an explanation with "Thrill me". Google is giving me Night of the Creeps (1986) but I'm pretty sure I've never seen that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

morestuff posted:

Hannibal Lecter says “Thrill me with your acumen” in one of the meetings with Clarice in Silence of the Lambs
It's not this but it came to me while reading your post, so thanks :v:. It was Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005), the full line was "You've got thirty of my loving seconds, thrill me".