Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Not sure if this is the right thread but I figured i'd try.

When Spider Man 3 (2007) came out, I remember going to the theater and seeing a weird ad before. I can't remember if it was for a movie or a product. Essentially the ad was a dude who was trapped in some sort of lab, and when he woke up his head was shaped like a box (think like a human body with a weird minecraft-character head), and then he saw a bunch of other people waking up with the same weird shaped heads.

Can anyone remember what the hell this was? I was only 9 years old so its a weird faint memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

That's it! Thank you so much it was driving me nuts. I don't know why the hell they used that to advertise scions lmao

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Medullah posted:

Okay I have almost no information on this one, but I've been trying to remember it for years and want to reference it to someone. It's a movie or show and someone is doing the slow prance, sneaking around.

At some point it's revealed that people can see them sneaking around, but they keep doing it to the confusion of those watching.

Weird guess but this reminds me of the music video for Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

drat I wish that music video was a full length movie

Also shoutout to the Brattle Theater! I wasn't there when they screened Knife + Heart but I love that theater and I love that movie

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

Film or tv show where someone introduces themselves and the other person replies "your reputation precedes" (without "you" at the end). This popped into my head an hour ago and I'm sure it's something obvious but googling it just gives results about "what does 'your reputation precedes you' mean?" lol

I could swear this is from the Office (US) but I can't say for sure

Edit: I might be thinking of "when the turntables..." but its still a possibility.

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 7, 2022

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Some sort of adult cartoon (Simpsons/Family Guy/American Dad)

At one point a character says something like "What do you think that was that I ate? A danish?" or something like that. I remember the word danish specifically.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Thanks! It was actually this: https://youtu.be/HNiPAWpPKH4

I found it right after I made the post. That's funny that the description works for both.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Good. Not every story needs a movie. And if there's one story I can't possibly imagine being adapted it's that one.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

A claymation movie/tv show/youtube video (?) and all I remember is a brown worm creature chewing/munching something and his mouth is chewing very animatedly. I cant remember if there was actually something in its mouth or it was just fake chewing.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Allyn posted:

Maybe from Creature Comforts? I don't specifically remember a worm but I've also never seen the series, only the short film. Wikipedia does mention a worm in the TV show.

That wasnt it, but researching that movie led me to find what I was looking for so thank you!

It was this youtube video: https://youtu.be/nv4yruWX7HI

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

a movie (possibly TV show?) from the 2000s/2010s, where a guy starts dating an overweight/"unnattractive" woman, and the relationship goes well but he hides it from his coworkers/friends. Eventually she discovers this and becomes violent (I cant remember whether it was towards him or towards herself?)

I can remember the female characters face but cant identify her bc I cant remember her name or what else shes been in

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

rollick posted:

Ashlie Atkinson on Rescue Me (2004-2011)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x016Cl5J5E

That was exactly it! thank you!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Hannibal Rex posted:

I'm looking for a film that I only caught the ending of, ages ago. 70s or 80s, about the CIA or a similar sinister government agency using/brainwashing telekinetic or clairvoyant people to perform assassinations, I think. The finale involved the protagonist to unleash his powers in the agency's high tech facility.

I used to think it was The Fury, but I just watched that and it doesn’t match. It's not Scanners or Firestarter either. The main antagonist was a well known actor, though apparently not Kirk Douglas, like I thought. Other names that came to my mind for the role were Lee Marvin or Robert Vaughn, but glancing at their filmographies hasn't turned up a match.

The plot doesnt match but your description made me think of Lifeforce with the govt agencies and supernatural powers, idk just rang a bell i figured id toss it out there

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Google tv and Disney+ does this too, for old movies. Oh, Big Trouble in Little China? I'd like see a trailer.

*cue scene of everyone talking about the plot, vaguely*

Back when Comcast had On Demand if they didn't have a trailer for the movie they would just pick a random section of the movie and let it play. It was always the same length (I can't remember the actual length I think it was two minutes), so they just would take a two minute random slice out of the movie and call it a trailer. I remember being able to tell which were real trailers because they had runtimes like 2:13 or 1:54 but the flat two minutes would always be a no-context random scene that often contained spoilers.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Carly Gay Dead Son posted:

I'm trying to remember a movie, probably from the 00s, where Holy Diver by Dio is used to comic effect. Could've been a 00s flash animation, so nobody strain themselves.

Dio had a cameo in Tenacious D Pick of Destiny where he sang/was part of a musical segment, tho it wasnt Holy Diver it was 00s. Maybe that?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

sigher posted:

So there was a recent-ish horror film where someone's facing towards the camera, or off to the side and behind them is another character in the distance listening but off in the distance and out of focus. The closer character isn't looking at them and is just talking for a good while, but the person in the background slowly starts morphing into the demon/entity/whatever-it-was or "changing" in a way that's so subtle you might 2nd guess yourself. However, they morph back before the camera focuses in or cuts to another angle.

This shot was really well done and I'm not even sure that what I saw is what happened but I can't for the life of me remember anything other than this scene.

Escape From Tomorrow?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I can't for the life of me find this movie, it was a horror movie that came out in the past year or two, the description was something along the lines of "a young couple are stalked by something sinister", and it kinda had an arthouse/A24 vibe (tho i dont think it was an actual A24 movie). I know it's not a lot to go on but it's driving me nuts. I never actually saw it I just remember it looking interesting now I can't find it.

EDIT: Found it, it's "When I Consume You"

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 25, 2023

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

Looking for a horror movie from either the late 90's or early 2000's. An alien or a mantis styled bug disguises itself as an attractive woman, lures men in with sex, then eats them during the act.

Species

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

incredibly vague memory and might just be a false memory of some sort of trope but:

a dialogue (i think between 2 men but dont trust me on that), very quick, snappy dialogue something along the lines of:

"People are sayin it!"
"I been hearing it!"