Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

this is more of a "identify an internet meme for me" question, but it's related to a documentary/video series

I'm looking for an old YouTube (or possibly pre-YouTube) video from the early-mid aughts era. The footage itself is presumably from an interview or documentary of a semi-famous rock/metal musician (can't remember who) giving an overview of his sound equipment to the viewer. he's gesturing at knobs and levers on amps and mixers and explaining how he uses them, what they do, that kind of thing. except someone dubbed over the video with jokes based on the idea that this musician was Literally God. So e.g. the musician would point to some dials, and the dubber would say something in a silly bored old rocker voice like, "uhhh let's see, this over here is how many people die every day, this controls the temperature of the Earth—been playing with that recently—and every time I press this button, a star explodes, so, you know, pretty standard set up..."

it's from my childhood so it's probably pretty cringe by today's standards, but I'm still interested in finding the video or the original footage it was based on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

codyclarke posted:

It's this Yngwie Malmsteen parody (or one similar): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZcC0J2hNzs

yeah it's definitely related to this. it's in the same family of videos, I do remember this specific one but the one I distinctly remember is him going over an amp or something. Tyvm

E: found it. apparently the video series is called "psycho exercises," the specific video I'm thinking of was making fun of John Petrucci

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sej4qZ6-Fs

kalel fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 30, 2022

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

my girlfriend is trying to remember a movie from her childhood. it's a 90s Dog™ movie. all she remembers is a scene (allegedly towards the end of the film) where, after the dog dies, there's a flashback to the dog sitting on a rowboat in a river with the kid owner. she saw it in a theater as a tyke and started crying at this scene

we've been scouring the internet all morning and we can't find a single reference to this loving scene. it would appear, from our google searches, that "dog on a boat" is a scene that's never been filmed. I'm convinced the movie doesn't exist. but if anyone has any inkling please help. save my relationship

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

could it be a show like Wishbone

She saw it in the theater so I think that's unlikely

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

froglet posted:

Could it be Far From Home: The Adventures of Yellow Dog? Iirc the dog doesn't die, and there is a scene where the kid paddles them both on a raft? I saw it in the cinema as a kid and my main recollection was him eating a rat. Or rabbit? Maybe both? They're trapped in the wilderness, anyway.

we watched the scene in question and she swears that ain't it. but thank you for responding anyway :unsmith:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

it's a luc besson joint. everything good he's ever made has been on accident

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Trying to remember a scene from a movie or TV show

I swear it was Stargate or some kind of Egyptian themed movie but basically the king or all-powerful emperor or someone gets mad at one of his guards for some reason and like, uses his magic powers to knock the guy backwards into a wall mural and the guy gets sucked into it and becomes part of it and frozen in marble or something. Another part of me thinks it was Chronicles of Riddick or something? No clue. Does anyone remember this or am I having a Mandela Effect moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'll have to check that out