Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

RC and Moon Pie posted:

The tune of something is sticking in my head and it won't leave. It's from a cartoon, probably some special that aired on the holidays.

The brief scene with the tune was a little girl washing a pet. She's singing a tune and is very hyperactive. It's gibberish in my head but had actual words. The scene goes on for a while with the kid dancing while lots of bubbles are flying.

My memory is that it's not her pet and she's somehow ended up with the confused star of whatever special this was that got lost and ended up in the little girl's house. It's possibly from a Garfield or Snoopy special and I would have been watching this thing from a window of about 1988-92, so a traditional animation style.

If it's not Peanuts or Garfield, it would have been from a mainstream cartoon of that era.

It's from Snoopy, Come Home! ... Yeah, that song is going to linger for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYjqDZ2KFGU&t=98s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

RoyaleWithCheese posted:

There's a white male actor that is playing a foreigner visiting some kind of samurai school and learning to use a sword. Somewhere towards the end of the movie this actor fights one of the masters and they end up with both backs to each other, locked in this position neither able to move since a move from either one would result in their death.

1995's The Hunted definitely has the locked-up dueling moment you mentioned, although the foreigner (Christopher Lambert) isn't actually in the scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY-4FCh9UFY

filmcynic fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 30, 2022

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

Jedit posted:

Lambert's done that scene several times. He also did it in Highlander: Endgame twice, once to set up Chekov's Gun and once to fire it.

I had no idea that Lambert even had a signature move. Thanks!

w/r/t the gun assembling list, Tommy Lee Jones puts together a sniper rifle in The Package (1989).

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I need a complete list of every movie featuring a scene where someone smuggles a gun somewhere in pieces and then assembles it

This is pretty much the entire plot of The American.

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

nothing that flashy. was more of a low budget Independent film I think.

Could it be 2012's Branded? I've never actually seen it, but my memories of the trailer and the WIkipedia summary make it seem like a possibility.

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

verbal enema posted:

My mom is trying to remember a movie she saw in her youth

Black and white
People perhaps stuck on a upper floor of a building
Robots walk and make a kind of booming noise when they walk.

Wow not many good details lol but I told her I would try

It sounds a lot like The Earth Dies Screaming. Man, those are some goddamned noisy robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

safe harbor posted:

Film around 2008 a girlfriend at the time got from Netflix when they mailed you dvds. It was horror/suspense film set on a sailboat. A group of friends drift into a fog that is kind of like a purgatory. Some of the friends disappear and later reappear but act strange. It had a very low budget look about it. Did not come out in theaters, straight to dvd. Its not Triangle. I'll add addition info if i can remember.

The Ferryman? https://letterboxd.com/film/the-ferryman/