Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Google and Wikipedia failing me.

Memory from childhood: Sci fi movie, possibly TV movie or series pilot, live-action, 60s - 80s. Space ship crashes on an airless planet or moon. Another ship comes to their rescue. Survivors are afraid rescuer may be Soviet. Rescuer removes helmet, survivors relieved/surprised that the rescuer is Japanese.

Plot may include relativity time-shenanigans or a loop?

I thought the scenes were from The Green Slime, but nope, weren't in the movie when I rewatched it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

With that kind of stinger I would say it was an episode of The Outer Limits or The Twilight Zone.

I would agree, but it was in color, seemed to have a budget, and we didn't have cable.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
That looks amazing.

A stupid one: Anyone recall a 70'sish spaceship movie where the ships computer travels around the ceiling on rails? Probably not Dark Star. Possibly English, definitely boring.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

Moon - Gerty does this

I forgot Gerty in Moon! But it wasn't Moon. Moon was good.

Google actually spit out the answer, guess it isn't completely dead after all.
Turns out I was remembering Lifepod (1981). Here's the scootin' ceiling computer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSnIX6FZ8EM&t=3490s

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

therattle posted:

Scooting’ ceiling computer would make a good username.

Mods, please change my username.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That reminds me, I saw a clip from a lovely old action movie recently and the killer assassin robot was a 1980s Tomy Omnibot 2000 with a headset and a fake nose

Shoulda gone with sunglasses instead.