Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
What's the Hellraiser sequel that feels like a crossover with Mulholland Drive? Feel like watching it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

I don't think I've ever seen that one lol. No, the one I mean had a black-haired detective solving a murder, I think.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

DoombatINC posted:

Oh, that'd probably be Inferno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77yCHOd3c60

I might've binged the entire Hellraiser series at the start of quarantine :v:

Edit: that also kinda describes Hellraiser Judgement, though that's more a Se7en-ish vibe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxvrmWijW2A

Yeah it's Inferno. Never made it through Judgement, kinda zoned out and eventually turned it off.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
What movie is the sample from? https://destryur.bandcamp.com/track/death-mask-4

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Origami Dali posted:

Guns, Girls, and Gambling, which is a third rate Tarantino wannabe that has enough name actors in it to make me think somebody called in some owed favors. Whole movie is on youtube.

https://youtu.be/5CBv7xN2tQM

Oh. I thought it was some supernatural vampire flick I hadn't seen yet. Probably not going to watch this, lol.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I watched a zombie movie ca. 20 years ago, maybe later. All I can remember is that a huge skyscraper plays an important part, and maybe Kris Kristofferson is the bad guy? Probably not K, google results were bad. Also maybe the zombies walk on the ground underwater?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Ah yeah, that's it. Not Kris Kristofferson, Dennis Hopper.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Anyone know what (finance) movie this is from?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Origami Dali posted:

Seven Pounds, probably

Huh. I thought it was a movie about the 2008 crash. Imdb makes it sound lame.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
GIS is able to do that based on a single still? Ok, wow.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I think you're right, his shirt matches the one in the pictures. ta

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
It's a movie starring Michael Douglas from the 80s, I think he's a lawyer and joins some crazy secret org that tracks down and kills criminals? Like neighbourhood watch on steroids.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Yeah, that's gotta be it. Ty

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
This is the beginning of the movie, I think. You see a ballerina dancing, close-up of her feet. As she keeps dancing, you notice the tips of her shoes getting red, until she is dripping blood on the dance floor. My guess is something italian from the 80s, but that's just a wild giallo guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

CzarChasm posted:

Save The Last Dance has scenes with a ballerina practicing to open the movie (IIRC) and then just past the mid-point she's practicing again in a montage, and we see her feet being blistered and bloody. Been a while since I've seen it, and I can't really recommend it.

Hannibal Rex posted:

I've seen a scene like that. I think it's John Wick 2?

The only other movies with ballerinas I've seen in recent years were Black Swan and the original 1977 Suspira, so it could be one of those too.

No, I remember the film grain, it's definitely something shot in the 70s or 80s, italian or french. Suspiria is close in style, but I don't remember that scene.