Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Maze of Clouds
Sep 15, 2022
A scene from a black and white movie. Man 1 is hiding under a table. Man 2 and 3 are sitting on chairs by the table, along with other people.

Man 2 puts his hand on the shoulder of Man 1. Man 1 quickly puts his hand on the knee of Man 2, so Man 2 thinks he is touching his own knee.

Man 3 puts his hand on the other shoulder of Man 1. Man 1 quickly puts his other hand on the knee of Man 3, so Man 3 thinks he is touching his own knee.

Man 2 and 3 begins scratching and tapping (respectively) the shoulders of man 1. Man 1 has to scratch or tap the knees of Man 2 and 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Maze of Clouds
Sep 15, 2022

Sir Nose posted:

There's a scene like that in "Knock On Wood" with Danny Kaye, but it's in color.

EDIT: This lovely filmed-off-a-tv-or-movie-screen is the only clip I could find:

https://www.facebook.com/theplacetobefordannykaye/videos/knock-on-wood-hands-under-the-table/1057469178011906/
Thanks, that must be it!

A Maze of Clouds
Sep 15, 2022

Pilchenstein posted:

Remembered a snippet of what I assume is some kind of crime film where a cop or a lawyer or one of that crowd is explaining that they can't arrest/prosecute a psychic for fraud because she doesn't charge people for her predictions, she just encourages them to give her gifts. Probably saw it no later than the mid 2000s if that helps at all.

I think the Gift https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0219699/.

A Maze of Clouds
Sep 15, 2022

Freakazoid_ posted:

Looking for two movies that use the same character gimmick, possibly based off some other work of fiction. Both are probably 80's or 90's movies. Both have a support character that wears a stone boot, because without it they walk/run too fast. One is animated, the other is live action.

This one has a guy who has to hop on one leg or he will run too fast https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fool_of_the_World_and_the_Flying_Ship

If memory serves Askeladden og de gode hjelperne had a guy with chains on his foot to keep from running too fast. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054638/

A Maze of Clouds
Sep 15, 2022

Kosmo Gallion posted:

The main characters somehow get a look into the brain/mind of another character and it's an insane acid trip, explaining why said character behaves the way they do.

I feel like it's possibly animated, maybe there's a scene like this in South Park with Mel Gibson or Saddam Hussein.

Kind of happens in The Cell https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209958/ but the tone seems wrong, more serious/horror.

A Maze of Clouds
Sep 15, 2022
Once I heard someone talking about a movie on the radio. Probably I heard this in the 80s or early 90s. Might have been a movie review, so probably a new movie then. Someone was investigating a murder. And there was a guillotine. Maybe someone had been killed by the guillotine. And the investigator was a weirdo that was walking around eating carrots.

A Maze of Clouds
Sep 15, 2022
Thanks. I can't really confirm or deny.

I am also wondering about about an American comedy crime tv-show, I think from the nineties. I think there were only a few episodes, maybe a miniseries. A film crew travels around and makes some kind of documentary show. The hosts of the show is a man and a redheaded woman. They have a hate/love relationship. Maybe they used to be married? And they solve crimes. The woman would sometimes narrate in voiceover.

In the last episode of the (real) show, they thought their (fictional) show was about to get cancelled. The tv-company kept sending men to talk to them, men that were probably going to cancel the show. But the men kept dying in accidents, so the show kept not getting canceled. One man died when a tv fell in his hot tub. Eventually they did get cancelled.

One of the episodes where about a pair of female twins, where one was a criminal. One was left-handed and one was right-handed and that was a clue as to who was the criminal. Towards the end of the episode both of the women claims to be the same women, the not criminal one. The redhead says in voiceover "Eventually they figured out who was who, I don't know how." So one twin is arrested. And there is a scene of the other twin waiving to the tv-crew.

The reason I've been thinking about the show is, I wonder did they arrest the wrong woman? Was there a joke about the woman waiving with being left-handed/right-handed? So if you know what the show is, great. But if you know if they arrested the wrong woman, even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Maze of Clouds
Sep 15, 2022

Xiahou Dun posted:

Columbo Goes to the Guillotine?

I watched it. Columbo ate zero carrots. Still, maybe my memory was faulty.