Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

RC and Moon Pie posted:

In gathering a random assortment of posters for the that thread, I'm suddenly unable remember a film I saw as a kid. It was a comedy, probably from around 1990.

Whoever the good guy was essentially kidnapped his child near the end of the film. Her name was Meg and at the time she was mute. As part of the kidnapping, Meg was given a short haircut and referred to as Jonathan to fool the police. Dad or his accomplice pretended to be a pregnant woman.
Three Fugitives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

My Lovely Horse posted:

I would have seen this on TV in the 80s. There's a chase scene with two people in a flat-nosed semi. When the bad guys catch up and things get hot, they either climb or drop down in a compartment under the cab. Seconds later they emerge from under the cab in a sleek flat sports car that's been hidden as part of the truck.

I'm not 100% sure of the following: the bad guys were on bikes, the chase happened in a forest or jungle area, and the sports car was red and white.

Condorman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Sy_ramx24

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

doomrider7 posted:

First one is a fairly standard teen comedy bit. One scene has the guy talking to his friend(whom is a girl and very obviously his true love) about how to confess to the girl he likes and uses a line about his favorite shade of blue on a crayon being the color of her eyes making it seem like he's talking about her. There's another scene later on where he's trying to get to the "Cool Kids Party" and runs into some gang bangers who coax him to draw graffiti and to have the honors of drawing the nipples to which they leave him to get caught by the crazed janitor of the school they tagged.

Trojan War.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

doomrider7 posted:

Not a movie, but I'm trying to remember an episode of the Twilight Zone where a guys car breaks down in a strange town where everyone has these remotes that can materialize anything or something to that effect. This ring any bells to you guys?

"Valley of the Shadow."

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

I can't remember any of the details of the film I'm looking for except at one point on TV there's an an old black and white movie from the 50s playing about a giant radioactive bird swoops in and eats a soldier parachuting out of a plane.

DeimosRising posted:

The black and white film is The Giant Claw, the movie showing the footage is on the tip of my tongue...

One of these:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050432/movieconnections

Electric Dreams? TerrorVision? Those seems to be the only actual movies on the list.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Could you possibly be misremembering UFO Abduction or Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

PeterCat posted:

A high school movie from the 80s where a student gets advice on how to be cool by the ghost of a greaser who died in the 50s. Maybe starred Jon Cryer as the student?

I just remember this line where the student puts a bunch of grease in his hair and declares "Great, now I'm the only guy at school with a bulletproof head."

The Heavenly Kid.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Detective Thompson posted:

What's the narration from at the beginning of this song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr-rrtnQdIg

Messiah of Evil.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

ruddiger posted:

I’m thinking of a movie where something (electrical?) happens in the main plot that causes a feedback of some sort. It cuts to two teen girls in their bedroom watching mtv (the mtv spaceman to be more specific) and the tv explodes because of the feedback, one of the girls (possibly an uncredited Sara Gilbert?) says “awesome!” after the tv explodes.

Spies Like Us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raWZraPHLqM

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Darthemed posted:

This is probably going to be very obvious in retrospect, but...

Some guys have just concluded a deal, one of them starts flipping the dollar bundles by his ear to check their amount, and claims that one of them is short. Cut to the end of the bundle being recounted, and it is short, and the other guy says something like 'Very impressive, Mr. [whoever]."

That happens in Who’s Harry Crumb? but as far as I know it’s in other movies too.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

GreatGreen posted:

The next movie/show/story seems like it was in black and white but it might have been in color. The idea was that something would happen to people that caused their eyes to become gigantic in their heads. Like their eyes would be as big as a baseballs.

Killers from Space?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Davros1 posted:

Want to say it was a Disney film, or at least shown on one of those "Wonderful World of Disney" programs. I think it was set in the early 1900s (but maybe not), and it was about a couple of kids who maybe live in/near a swamp, and they build a fake "Loch Ness" style monster that they paddle around in, possibly as a way to scam money by taking photos of the "monster"

The Strange Monster of Strawberry Cove.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Watching Soul has reminded me of an American 80s film. I think it’s got observers from the afterlife watching a guy on earth go through various trials and they’re doing VO commentary on how he’s doing. The two observer voices are a man and a woman.

Switch has God voiced alternately by a man and a woman.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

This one is kind of reaching. There was, I believe in of the Zucker brothers spoofs I used to watch all the time as a kid, a scene where someone mentions a 'monarchan bagan disguise kit'(sp). The reference kind of slid over me since I was used to Looney Tunes name dropping celebrities I had no clue about. Recently I've gotten the line stuck in my head and I thought to look up what it was referencing but apparently phonetic spelling of 35 year old memories don't make great Google searches.

Does this trip anyone else's memories so I watch the movie again to get an accurate name or does anyone even know what the reference was to?

Eddie Izzard did a bit about a Menachem Begin disguise kit:

quote:

I had all the badges. I had my Landing On The Moon badge. You know, advanced badges. My Nuclear Fusion badge. And my Menachem Begin Disguise Kit badge. Which was great.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

King Vidiot posted:

I saw a trailer for a movie on Twitter the other day, but I completely forgot the name of it. I thought it was called something with "games" in the title. It's a Japanese movie, it's like a cross between Battle Royale and Saw with set design that kind of looks like the movie Toys. A large group of debtors take part in a series of contests to pay off their debts, and they're all deadly versions of children's games like red light, green light.

I swear it exists and it's supposedly on Netflix.

Squid Game, though it's a TV show and not a movie (and it's South Korean).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squid_Game

Action Jacktion fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 18, 2021

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

It's from an episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia titled "Who Pooped the Bed?"

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

What's this from?

It!

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Trinity Goes East.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

DoubleCakes posted:

Thanks!

Okay, here's a big one: one I've had in the back of my head for decades. I must have seen this when I was really young; I saw this probably between 1990-1996. It was on TV. So the presumed good guy is fighting a presumed badguy in a hallway and the good guy takes a hose and puts it in the bad guys mouth, filling him with water. The good guy runs off to another room to this lady, and while they are talking and stuff, there's a loud pop implying that the guy with the hose in his mouth exploded.

I thought it could have been a Bond death but I've rewatched all the Bond films up to Brosnan era and never saw a kill like this one.

Naked Gun 2½.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvXSwDp9nu4

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Another one that just came to mind from one of those series, was about a home being besieged by a giant. I remember a car, maybe a police car, being overturned and there beings a giant fingerprint on the car. Don't recall much else.

That's another episode of The Twilight Zone called "The Fear."

https://twilightzone.fandom.com/wiki/The_Fear

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

I want to say this is early 90s, cast in the scene was all black men. Lead was probably someone like Eddie Murphy but I don't think it was. So someone like him or Robert Townsend

scene is some bad dudes have lead guy pinned down and they fire machine guns at him while laughing away and taunting him. After they stop one of the other henchman fires a single pistol shot at him. They repeat, he repeats and the boss guy tells him to cut it out

protagonist returns fire by spraying and praying and taking cover again. When he gets ready to return fire they are all dead

Harlem Nights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNXxlYCU0aY

Action Jacktion fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 5, 2022

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

1 posted:

There's a scene (I think within the first 15 minutes or so - I've a very vague feeling there might have been superimposed opening credits during the scene) which includes a bed (I think - it could have been a sofa). There may be two people on the bed/sofa. Or maybe one. Or maybe none.

Underneath the bed/sofa it looks like the face of a hiding crewmember is visible.

In the audio commentary a man points out this apparent face, but dismisses it as pareidolia caused by something under the bed/sofa
- crumbled clothes? Trash? I've a vague memory that this man was the sole commentator (presumably the director) but I can't say for sure.

And... that's all I've got. I've been trying to rack my brains for anything more helpful, but have come up empty.
Stuck on You.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338466/trivia/?ref_=tt_ql_3

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Torquemada posted:

Someone using the line "10 million dollars isn't money, it's a motive with a universal adaptor". I might have the amount wrong.

The Way of the Gun

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Gripweed posted:

I was going to throw out a suggestion for the only other murderous hand movie I can think of but now I can't remember the title. Anthology film, one segment is about a doctor whose hand starts rebelling, he cuts it off, mayhem at the hospital ensues as everybody's hands start rebelling. The connecting feature is a respected actor in a black leather getup at a carnival or something playing a creepy guy

That’s Quicksilver Highway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quicksilver_Highway

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Carthag Tuek posted:

By the by, what is that totally Lifetime movie with that brunette with the kinda worried eyes in which there's a scene where she leaves her son/daughter (abt 5 years old) in a playground somewhere and then the CPS comes to pick up the kid. It's like she's too poor or something and she has to do it and it's a total tear jerker when you're 10 years old (maybe still, probably).

This post is from 2007 but the movie is God Bless the Child.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
All the films and serials they used are listed here:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0267497/movieconnections/?ref_=tt_ql_dts_6

The ones you mentioned are Panther Girl of the Kongo, Darkest Africa, and Manhunt of Mystery Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

It's a Kia commercial with Melissa McCarthy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeVHmLY7YZc