Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Dr Christmas posted:

Something I saw in the 90s on network TV (Sci-fi? USA? TNT?) scared the hell out of kid me. It may have been a show and not a movie.

A woman was sobbing about her hair falling out. Cut to what appeared to be black goo eating through someone's hands. Sound familiar?

Sounds similar to The Peanut Butter Solution (1985).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Hasturtium posted:

So back in the days of video stores - hell, this must have been a quarter century ago, maybe longer - there was one store in my hometown whose employees didn't give a poo poo about playing whatever they wanted behind the counter. Horror, tits 'n' rear end comedy, John Waters movies, whatever they wanted, it was there. But one day they were playing a horror movie, and the image of someone's head exploding or falling off in the rain, possibly in slow motion, while someone looked on in horror, has never left me, and I have no idea what movie they were playing. Does anybody have a clue?

This came to mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6tz9pga4H4

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Another one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhy9--YRBD8

Also, The 13th Warrior (1999) has decapitation but I haven't seen that one yet.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

There's also that scene from The 40 Year Old Virgin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa1IN1GN4Q4

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Beachcomber posted:

Ok, I don't have a lot to go on, but my wife remembers feeling sick with horror from this movie, and we really want to find it.

1. She remembers it being black and white.
2. She watched it at home sometime before 2002
3. She remembers something like a glass cabin with a staircase inside. I don't know wtf either.
4. It's a horror or thriller that's intense psychological horror. No gore.

It might not be in b&w, because her memory is not the best.

Thank you.

Not black and white but I will guess The Glass House (2001).

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Origami Dali posted:

Here's a weird one. I was rewatching Chinese Super Ninjas (aka Five Element Ninjas) for the first time in a loooong time and recognized a piece of music. A lot of these old Shaw productions used library music, so this probably is too, but I swear this particular piece of music was used in another movie because it's really familiar to me and I can't quite place it.

This should play at the right time (61m mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCK-SwZxs-I&t=3660s

I've heard segments of that before (although maybe I'm just remembering Five Element Ninjas.

Some wild guesses as I've watched all these in the last few years:

-2 Champions of Shaolin
-Crippled Avengers
-The Flying Guillotine
-Flying Guillotine 2
-Legendary Weapons of China
-Five Deadly Venoms
-Little Dragon Maiden
-Battle Wizard
-My Young Auntie

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Doing ctrl+f on this page: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001925/ for "Cello Suite No. 1" and "Cello Suite No.1" comes up with ~60 results.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

now im curious, does he just get feds to arerest them? it sounds so dumb and anticlimactic, like Monty Python and the Holy Grail or...how they got Al Capone

Things don't go that smoothly. There are some fighting/action sequences before some are eventually arrested.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Custard Undies posted:

2nd one I'm positive was set in Vietnam and involved the soldiers on top of a waterfall and coming across th enemy that is below them. They end up throwing a heap of grenades down on the enemy below.

Any ideas? Both would be from the 80s/90s.

Platoon Leader (1988)

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Famethrowa posted:

This may be a made-up movie from a combination of dreams but figured I'd try--

Was a sci-fi movie, originally seen on the SyFy channel sometime in the early 2000s. Had a very dreamlike tone, and had a bunch of mutants/orcs/fairies and some sort of queen in a modern-ish setting. The ending was what stuck in my head, because it had the main protagonist find our some earth-shattering truth, pour gasoline all over himself, and set himself on fire.

Final image was him jumping into a deep pool of water, and floating through the water with gross burned and cracked skin.

Sounds like Dagon (2001).

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Origami Dali posted:

Looking for a DTV movie from around '92-'96. It's a generic action deal about underground cage fighting, possibly to the death, and may feature Billy Blanks as a supporting character (though nothing in his filmography seems quite right, despite him being in several films with this plot). The lead is just some no name action man who has a Shannon Tweed ish love interest. At one point, she's wearing lingerie and they bang on a couch.

I'll throw out a guess for Bloodmatch (1991).

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Hannibal Rex posted:

I used to think it was The Fury, but I just watched that and it doesn’t match. It's not Scanners or Firestarter either. The main antagonist was a well known actor, though apparently not Kirk Douglas, like I thought. Other names that came to my mind for the role were Lee Marvin or Robert Vaughn, but glancing at their filmographies hasn't turned up a match.

It could be Dreamscape.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

IMDb says these two things reference the film at least:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16235054/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2358836/

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Years ago there was a guy who came ITT every few months asking about a line like "I thought this car was cherry, boy" or something like that. Anyway I was watching Return of the Living Dead II and there's a guy who says a line close to that.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

busalover posted:

GIS is able to do that based on a single still? Ok, wow.

Yeah, reverse image search works for a lot of screenshots.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah, note to everyone: ChatGPT is not a general AI. It doesn't know what a movie is, or a scene, or anything like that. Unless a large organization had bothered to write a full transcription/novelization of every film ever made it couldn't answer these questions with any kind of accuracy.

Yeah, when I read a few articles on it it was so hyped up. I logged on and thought I could get it to write a movie script amalgamation of two different films with ease. But it doesn't know how to do that at all.

I've asked it dozens of surface level stat questions and it again failed and/or was full of errors.

I have asked it to list underrated movies and have gotten some interesting results like The Great Silence and others I'm forgetting. Not sure how it decided on those recommendations.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991)

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Deathlove posted:

This has been tickling my brain for thirty-five years so now it's time to exorcise it.

A movie from probably the 80s (now-me would say it was a shlockier sort of Porky's-type) that had a scene (scenes?) where a woman would meditate nude with some men, and if she caught them staring at her breasts, she'd break one of their limbs. She also might have had weirdly-shaped breasts, kind of like bell-shaped?, or ten-year-old me didn't actually know what breasts looked like then. I know what they look like now, thank you. This is literally the only thing I remember about a movie that was on a screen at my cousin's place.

Private Resort (1985) has scenes like that.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Deathlove posted:

me, 36 minutes into this movie: holy poo poo, this is it. this is the end. my brain can rest.

me, finishing this movie: i would like to forget this movie ever existed. thank you.

may god bless you and yours.

:hfive:

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'm reminded of this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ePBNGmxVK8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

PainterofCrap posted:

So then: how does it rate on the ‘Heaven’s Gate’ scale?

I liked both of those films well enough. But I'm a sucker for those genres.