Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Linty Fresh posted:

I saw a movie on TV during some creature double feature in the early 80s, and it's sort of stuck with me.

It was from the 60s or 70s, with a Hammer Horror/William Castle vibe.

The scene I remember was a coven of witches with one of the witches being judged. The coven called forth the image of a woman, and as the witch was looking at it, the image turned into a skeleton (This effect was super cheesy. It was obvious that the actress playing the image was standing behind a pane of glass, and the skeleton image was just superimposed). The leader of the coven--an older man--held up a baby's shoe, and the shoe was engulfed in flames while you could hear the sounds of a baby crying (Note that the baby itself was not shown). The witch being judged began to scream, and the rest of the coven attacked her.

Any clues? TIA

The Witchmaker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

sigher posted:

I saw a movie some years ago about a young girl who lives in a whorehouse somewhere and she crawls through walls and trap doors to get wherever she wants. The place is run by some military dude who I think tried pimping the young girl out or something.

The Seasoning House?

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

From my boyfriend: A late night movie, I believe it was British, or possibly just British actors in this particular scene. A man and a woman (I think the woman was Black) are in a bathtub together, having a conversation. I don’t remember what it was about, but at the end he’s like, shifting his legs around, and she smiles and goes “mmm, leave it THERE”. This would have been late 80s or early 90s.

Metaline fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Feb 25, 2020

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Clearly no one ITT has ever seen Stealing Beauty.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

My boyfriend doesn't maintain his IMDb page, so seeing new credits pop up is a good indicator of what's popular.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

artsy fartsy posted:

I saw a preview for a movie a long time ago (probably late 90s or early 00s) that I've wondered about over the years.

There was something about a blind person who could now see, I think? The only scene I really remember is this person staring at a taxi cab across the street, then reaching out and grabbing the taxi and it wasn't a taxi that was far away as first appeared but a small sign or car figurine or something that was actually close to them.
At First Sight?

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Yeah, he called up everyone he knew and played Yesterday for them, absolutely convinced that there was no way he could be the first to come up with such a simple melody.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

happyhippy posted:

This feels like it could be in like 20 Brooklyn Nine Nine episodes.
I was gonna say the same thing, but could only think of, "Cool motive! Still murder." definitively.

Ninja edit: Doesn't matter; still counts is a line from I Just Had Sex!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Doctor Jeep posted:

I only saw one scene from this movie somewhere online and can't remember the name
basically, a mother is on the run with her daughter and it turns out that (spoiler alert)the daughter is some kind of monster when in a motel room she kills a guy who IIRC was gonna rape the mother

Byzantium?

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Jean Ralphio and Mona Lisa in Parks & Recreation?

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Human Tornada posted:

Recentish one word title horror movie where are the opening is some kind of heavy metal song and the singer screams the name of the movie as the title card appears. I thought this was Amulet but watching it just now and this doesn't happen. Possibly a Hulu original.

Hellbender?

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Witch trial, yeah, but I think the title card comes in the next scene when the band is playing. I gotta rewatch now!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

It's cannibals in the Shel Silverstein poem "Ladies First"!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

BrownPepper posted:

Trying to figure out a scene I saw in something recently. I think a TV show but maybe a movie. It's a breakfast or lunch meeting in a fancy office. An older woman executive or lawyer is attending a meeting with a powerful company. She is a representative or go between for another company that the first company is hoping to buy. She reports that the family running the second company is not receptive to the offer. A fancy meal is wheeled out but she says she only attended as a courtesy and doesn't want to eat. Another detail is that she was brought in through a back entrance because the company is under media scrutiny for something going on, so there are reporters all over the front entrance.

I'm 90% sure that this isn't Succession, but it popped into my head because of all the attention around the finale. I feel like it is something obvious and relatively recent.

This absolutely sounds like the Safe Room episode of Succession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Shrecknet posted:

Or how no one says hello or goodbye on the phone?

I can't remember which director said it, but apparently movies don't have characters saying "goodbye" on the phone because it causes a disconnect to audiences, especially when the scene isn't ending. Our brains are wired to want to change the subject/thought direction after we say goodbye on the phone and that disrupts the flow of a film.