Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Retro Futurist posted:

I’m trying to remember an actor, but I can’t think of his name or anything he’s been in specifically and it’s driving me nuts. He’s a character actor, not a leading man type, and I feel like he usually plays bad guys or at least smarmy types. He’s got one of those kind of tight faces, usually wears glasses and is balding. Kind of reminds me of a skinny John Carroll Lynch. Please help

What's a tight face? Like gaunt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

Wow.

This is it. drat, childhood me is feeling all kinda of ways rn, thank you

I was too scared as a kid to watch this movie so instead I sat just outside the room so when I heard a basketball bouncing and everybody shout I asked what happened. Somebody said "The Basketball took the old ladies head off" and for the next 25 years I pictured the ball bouncing into the room and gently knocking her head off her shoulders till one day I realized no B movie is that stupid.

Pretty sure this thread helped me track that one down putting some much needed context to that glorious scene.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Hughlander posted:

Have a movie caught in network TV, may or may not have been a made for TV movie, 1979 - 1984 or so.

Haunted house or evil AI running a house, probably in love with female resident though I was too young to get that. I remember a scene where someone is driving in to see her and the gates crush the car killing the driver with woman screaming/trying to help.

End of movie has house on fire with 'final'-ish shots of fire laping at CCTV monitors still trained on the woman.

As this is a 38-45 year old memory I probably have many details wrong.

Maybe "This House Possessed"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtNIdjspb0E

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Torquemada posted:

I stand corrected, good work!

Found it under Demon Seed knockoffs.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

....Kurt Russell has a mullet and is still considered the hero.

Well he's technically not The hero, he just happens to be the POV character. Honestly unless you are against owning physical media(fair it's 2022) you should just buy all 3 on DVD, they're probably 5 bucks used at the most, right?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Pumpkin Head!(not that one)

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

That movie's about the a dance competition?!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

filmcynic posted:

It's from Snoopy, Come Home! ... Yeah, that song is going to linger for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYjqDZ2KFGU&t=98s

Holy poo poo! Snoopy got Miseried

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I got an easy one.
Don't know why I can't remember it but a knight on a horse calls for his squire (possibly calls him sword boy) and a decrepit old man holding a big sword runs up to him. The knight proceeds to put one foot up on the old man's shoulder/chest while grabbing the hilt and pushes/kicks the old man to the ground as a way of drawing his sword from the sheath the old man was holding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Hannibal Rex posted:

90% certain that's correct. Off-chance, Jabberwocky.

Actually I think it is Jabberwocky, no wonder I couldn't remember.