Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Holy Mountain
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071615/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Thanatosian posted:

I'm looking for a black & white movie, there's a scene with a dude talking to a woman about her son who died in the war and how glorifying that sort of thing just encourages more people to go out and die and governments to have more wars. I think they're in the woman's backyard, I feel like it's a relatively well-known scene.
I was looking for that exact scene last year. All I remember is that the gentleman proclaims something like "I am a professional coward."

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

fatman1683 posted:

This one's been bugging me for a few years:

Post apocalyptic car movie, some kind of climate disaster, everything's desert, pretty standard for the late-80s, early 90s. One stylistic touch I clearly remember was that the cars all had louvers on the front windscreens.

One scene I also clearly remember is that the protagonist blows his engine or something, and his buddy has a futuristic super-engine that they can drop in, but it has a weird rectangular front intake that won't fit, so they notch the fascia (I'm thinking this is like an 80s Camaro or maybe a Fox body?) with a torch so that the engine will drop down.

Pretty sure it's not any of the Mad Max movies, nor the Death Race movies. It's definitely not a modern movie.

I'd appreciate if someone could help get this worm out of my brain, it's been rattling around in there for awhile.
Might be one of these?

https://filmschoolrejects.com/mad-max-ripoffs/

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

MisterFister posted:

There was an asian action film I watched a year or so ago with a crazy ambulance scene and at the end two women like assassins go at it and one of them chops the others hand off. Anybody remember what I'm talking about?
Could it be The Night Comes for Us? or Furie?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Iakona posted:

Thanks, but it was actually Ink(2009). I found it by googling indie sci fi and just looking through a couple lists. Though I remember seeing the trailer for Night Watch back in the day and being reminded of Ink.
As soon as I saw the guy with tape over his eyes I was reminded of how silly this movie was. Dunno if I'll rewatch it, but at least I know it actually existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C5I1SavGyA
I actually watched that again recently. It's got a lot of heart, but the lack of budget has made it age somewhat poorly.