Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

A Man for All Seasons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

feedmyleg posted:

the floor crumbles beneath them and they nearly fall through.

Last Crusade

quote:

We are then shown the reverse shot beneath them of a much larger hidden cavern with a completely different layer of the tomb/dungeon/etc. with the real path forward inside of it.

something else.

quote:

The hidden space was a long rock bridge over a deep cave/chasm that led to a door or exit on the other side

Last Crusade

quote:

and there may have been a dais on the bridge that held some kind of artifact.

I'm thinking the opening sequence of Raiders

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Must have been a really old TV, considering the world turned color sometime in the 1930s and it was pretty grainy color for a while too.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I couldn't resist

You wanted to take a chance, so you did.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Unfortunately that doesn't really narrow it down.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I feel like this was a James Bond movie. Person gets into a pod, zips along a pneumatic tube to his destination. Pod door opens and a person standing there says "Welcome to Vienna" or maybe he said Austria. He may have followed it up with "Mr. Bond". I could also be imagining or conflating things.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

First thing that jumps into my head is an insurance commercial, or something similar.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Star Trek: Nemesis?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Is it when Darth Vader tosses the Emperor down the shaft?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Davros1 posted:

A character grudgingly says "Doesn't matter. Still counts." after getting shown up.

I'm thinking Gimli and Legolas in the LOTR trilogy, e.g. "That still only counts as one!" after Legolas takes down an olyphant and all the men riding it in ROTK.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRCS3bPVcwY

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Any idea what's on TV?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

This is definitely them. Thank you! I can only find a few clips, but they are definitely the series I was thinking of. The only one I can't find is the one about the German man replaced by a duplicate, which may have been a special episode or a dvd exclusive or something.

Maybe the (German) word doppelgänger might help in your search?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

The only other scene I remember is this guy going to a sword maker and being like I need a new sword to kill the main villain with. That's all I got.

That reminds me of Kill Bill, but it's a woman requesting the sword.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Once a Thief (1991)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQIR7b01m8E

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

J.K. Simmons?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I had to look up John Carroll Lynch and when I saw his pic, I imagined him thinner and with glasses and my first thought was the Farmers Insurance guy.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Simpsons season 12 episode 15, "Hungry Hungry Homer":

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

No app, just took a regular screenshot on my phone's browser. I searched for 'I want my money back' at frinkiac.com and literally discovered this morning that there's a "View Episode" button, here it is on my laptop:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

E: f, b.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Or a man named Andy :wiggle:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Is this the thread, or is there another, where goons could identify the music used in the trailer for the movie Amsterdam?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Crackmaster posted:

Sounds like it could be Virus? I remember liking it at the time as a teenager, but I haven't seen it since, and from what I've seen everyone (including its cast, e.g. Jamie Lee Curtis) say it really is a huge piece of poo poo.

Wow, I just read the Trivia on its IMDB page and:

quote:

Jamie Lee Curtis has admitted to hating this film, calling it "the worst movie ever made". She added that she lobbied hard to have the director fired and replaced by Steve Miner, with whom she had made Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998). However, he wasn't available, as he was working on Dawson's Creek (1998)).

quote:

In an IGN.com interview, Jamie Lee Curtis said the following about Virus (1999): "Rob Reiner, for his 40th birthday, had a bad show business party where everybody brought show business clips. Rob's was playing a hippie on Gomer Pyle: USMC (1964) singing 'Blowin' in the Wind'. Virus (1999) is so bad that it's shocking. That would be the all time piece of poo poo. It's just dreadful. That's the only good reason to be in bad movies. Then when your friends have [bad] movies you can say 'Ahhhh, I've got the best one. I'm bringing Virus (1999).'"

Reading the plot, it sounds like it would have been rendered better as an X-Files episode.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Makes me think of the "Surviving Edged Weapons" police training videos on YouTube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't know what it was, but some form of media, maybe a website or a video or something, used the Simpsons clip of Krusty lamenting "I tried to drink a Coke on the bus, and they took away my pass!"

I know this is an extremely long shot, but I had to check. This thread is so incredible, I'm sort of hopeful that someone will know what I'm talking about.

"Bart the Fink" Season 7 / Episode 15 (11:07)

That's the source, but probably doesn't get you closer to the website.