Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Have a movie caught in network TV, may or may not have been a made for TV movie, 1979 - 1984 or so.

Haunted house or evil AI running a house, probably in love with female resident though I was too young to get that. I remember a scene where someone is driving in to see her and the gates crush the car killing the driver with woman screaming/trying to help.

End of movie has house on fire with 'final'-ish shots of fire laping at CCTV monitors still trained on the woman.

As this is a 38-45 year old memory I probably have many details wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Torquemada posted:

Demon Seed 1977?

I’ll watch but pretty sure it was a rip off of it. The car crushed in the gate is a vivid scene in my head.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

http://thebloodypitofhorror.blogspot.com/2018/08/this-house-possessed-1981-tv.html?m=1

Looks to confirm it. Car crushed in gate cctv etc…. Even made for TV! Thanks

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Simpsons season 12 episode 15, "Hungry Hungry Homer":

What app that did that screenshot?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Movie or short with a bug zapper zapping 1, 2, 3 bugs then ZZZZZZZAPPPPPPPPP and a dead faerie/tinkerbell like character

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Buddy cop type movie maybe a pilot not picked up into TV movie.

Author of PI crime thrillers has to solve a crime and his imaginary protagonist helps. Only he retired the character who argues about how useful he is.

Scene I remember is he tells the author to rip a $20 in half and promise the informant the other half for the info. And the author replies that the new replacement character only carries traveler checks.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Can't recall if this is a movie or a tv show so sorry if wrong place.

Student wants to fail out of class. Get's back a 50 question True/False test with a 0. Teacher says something like, "If you had just guessed randomly you'd still have gotten 50% right, the only way to get a 0 is to know all the answers and choose not to answer correctly" and then changes the 0 to 100.

Driving me crazy because I know I've seen it in the last 2 months and can't for the life of me think what it is.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Yep. Into the Spiderverse was the one

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Torquemada posted:

It was in the difficult transition phase just before the Super French Weight Championship Of The World which Jean Reno won to become THE ONLY FRENCHMAN IN HOLLYWOOD.

Maybe, but Omar Sy is coming for him!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

Pretty sure it's a Twilight Zone or Outer Limits episode, but could have been a movie: an astronaut gets in a rocket and travels to another planet, lands there, and discovers that it is Earth. Black and white, 50s or 60s. I can't remember if the astronaut is from Earth and discovers that the other planet is also Earth, or if the twist was that he wasn't from Earth to begin with.

As pointed out theres a bunch like that, the largest one I can recall is The Martian Chronicles:

quote:

A second mission is launched and the "Zeus II" crew lands on Mars in April 2000. To their amazement the crew (astronauts Arthur Black, Sam Hinkston and David Lustig) discover that they have landed in a town that looks exactly like Green Bluff, Illinois. circa 1979. They are warmly greeted by close relatives and loved ones who all died years ago. In fact, the Martians use the memories of the astronauts to lure them into their old homes, where they are killed in the middle of the night.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

This sounds right, yeah. It's possible I'm conflating things but I do remember it being like that and in B&W.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelg%E4nger_(1969_film)

Also called Journey to the far side of the sun

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Jedit posted:

That's not from The Martian Chronicles. It's a Ray Bradbury short story called Mars Is Heaven. The adaptation is on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAqtvKmCZZI

However, that's not what feedmyleg was after - it's too recent. From the description it could be Third From The Sun from S1 of Twilight Zone?

I literally linked the wikipedia page for the Martian Chronicles Epsidoe Synposis that describes it. From the 1980 Miniseries.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Nameless Pete posted:

I only remember a fraction of this gag: a guy has taken some drugs or is going nuts or something and looks over to his dog on the couch (who is now a cartoon) who drawls "Hey, kill the prezz-dent."

I know I've seen this but can't remember it. However there is one similar in MadTV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb8GBSbBES0

But that was just a straight up Son of Sam joke

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This randomly reminds me of something.... Did TNG ever have them go back in history to something that hadn't happened in or before 20th century Earth history? The show takes place in, what, the 2200's? They're exploring the universe, and yet, time after time, there's a holodeck outing involving history that happened on earth, centuries before Jean Luc was born.

Comedy answer: the last episode of Enterprise was Riker in TNG.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Person is doing a deal with other criminals. Gets doubled crossed with a gun pulled by one, other unarmed. Mid threatening guy with the gun falls down. Other guy is like “What happened?” Then the gunshot sound reaches them. Camera pans back to a sniper like a mile away.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

therattle posted:

Does anyone know what film scene where a character say something like “then you’re no use to me!“? It may be goldmember, but I can’t find that clip anywhere.

I think Transporter had a scene like that

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Clayton Bigsby posted:

I pasted your comment into ChatGPT and got this:

I have no idea if it’s correct or just entirely made up AI bullshitting.

Complete AI bullshit. Manhattan project has single mom meet cute a guy that works at a nuclear lab. Son breaks in and steals super plutonium to make a nuclear bomb to win a science fair.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

In another thread where I accidentally posted this description first, I got the answer that it's this Amazing Stories episode. Since that seems very close to what is remembered and the episode has a Spielberg writing credit, it could be a case of reusing a script, or memory playing its tricks with regard to eg. the black-and-white coloring.

Man look at that cast, I think they were all on youtube at one point going to have to go check it out.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Hannibal Rex posted:

The rest doesn't fit, but Trancers is about time travel by possessing the body of one of your ancestors. The main character is a cop, and at one point, his boss comes debrief him in the body of a young girl. There's some future Earth scenes that you could misremember as another planet. The female lead is a young Helen Hunt.

It's definitely Trancers, the opening scene at the 'gas station / diner' is supposed to be on a colony not on earth.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Manos99 posted:

A Tim Thomerson stew!

Gotta have a side serving of Dollman then.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Tsietisin posted:

Or you could watch one of the 5 Trancers sequels.

Ooh boy were they done on the cheap

At that point do an Albert Pyun marathon. Throw in Nemesis and Kickboxer series.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Kosmo Gallion posted:

There's a British TV show from the 90s called Ultraviolet which features police battling Vampires and using UV weaponry against them (along with garlic gas grenades). Idris Elba is in it! https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0169501/

Don't forget a US remake! Though I thought for sure I saw it when I looked it up though:

quote:

In 2000, the American Fox network developed a version of Ultraviolet, starring Eric Thal, Joanna Going and Mädchen Amick with Idris Elba reprising his role from the British series. The American version did not progress beyond an unaired pilot episode. Howard Gordon, one of the producers contracted to develop the series, said in an interview that "we screwed it up and it just didn't come out that well".

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

It’s peak gritty 90s UK police show, it just happens to be about vampires.

No that's Touching Evil!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

DRINK ME posted:

I don’t have an answer for you but it sounded vaguely familiar and I used to watch a lot of late night SBS movies, I tried searching and the second hit was you lol

I had that happen with ChatGPT this week. Every 6 weeks I ask about a book I can't find, this time with the update that let's it search the internet it found my post on stackexchange asking about it as well and said go talk to the author of that post.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

One that came up today...

1980s type movie. Military/FBI/Government rolls in on suburban town and sets up a mobile command center. Specifically stabilizers come out of the command post at a right angle and people run up with bolt guns to bolt them into the concrete.

I feel it's something like ET, or The Manhattan Project something like that, but couldn't find it in quick searches.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

ruddiger posted:

I could vividly see that bolt gun shooting into the ground but couldn’t think what it was from and it was definitely die hard.

Yep, I don't think that it's anything that's been mentioned to date and it's driving me crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Hmmmm.... I don't think that's it. I feel like the poster had four ladies on it, wearing that kinda brownish corduroy material.

Seriously - I know how long of a shot this is. I can only vaguely remember certain details about it.

Comedy answer:
Gunpowder Milkshake?