Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

feedmyleg posted:

I'd imagine there are a lot of people standing close by who have a vested interest in not allowing it to escalate to that place from an optics standpoint.

Just from an insurance standpoint studios really, really don't want cops and lawyers getting involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

EL BROMANCE posted:

What films have given away their ending/major plot points either purposely or not-purposely. Maybe through a trailer that contains super late scenes etc.

I’m watching the beginning of Talk Radio which I’ve seen a few times, and right in the opening credits it says in big letters ‘Based on the book “The Life and Murder of Alec Berg”’ which pretty much gives away the end.

The trailer for Star Trek III: The Search for Spock shows the Enterprise's destruction.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

feedmyleg posted:

I've always imagined Soderbergh to as close to a one-man operation as you can get, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Soderbergh is definitely close, since he's his own cinematographer and editor. Kubrick, as mentioned, was infamously hands-on in as many aspects of his movies as he could be. Hitchcock, too, and Leone. For modern, Fincher and Paul Thomas Anderson come to mind.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Groundskeeper Silly posted:

What are some great movies by directors who never made another great movie? I don't care about stuff like The Night of the Hunter by directors who didn't produce a lot, but more like movies like Training Day, where some middling director who has a ton of credits was never able to come close to the success of their most popular film.

Ghostbusters by Ivan Reitman comes to mind.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FilthyImp posted:

Iron Man, apparently

The degree to which Iron Man was unscripted and improvised is hugely overblown to the point of being an urban legend, and it's almost entirely drawn from one line from one interview with Jeff Bridges. There was a script, it's not difficult to find online, and much of it is reflected in the finished product. Yes, there was some improvisation happening (which is normal for any Favreau movie), but the writers were on-set throughout shooting and Shane Black was regularly faxing new pages to the production, as well. People act like it was a Christopher Guest production, where the actors are told what the intended result of the scene is and are given any dialogue that absolutely has to be conveyed, and then they're just told to riff on their own, when that simply wasn't the case with Iron Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Tubi is weird with its censoring. They don't give two hoots about language (e.g., Kitchen Nightmares is up there completely uncut), but nudity and even some swimsuits get blurred.