Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Has any actor ever had a career that balanced fun movies and serious movies and good movies and bad movies more than Brad Dourif? He's got the best career, as a total tapestry, of anybody I can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

SimonCat posted:

Michael Caine?

This is the only right answer I've heard so far.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Movies are better without narration and my greatest movie hope is that some day we'll get the OG version of 1994's Being Human.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

All the recent James Bond movies, the supposedly more gritty and down to earth ones, the movies that are supposed to be all about a guy who fucks and fucks and kills and kills, are all PG-13?? Why would children watch those movies??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Leavemywife posted:

I've read stories about actors getting into fist fights on sets, but I don't think I've ever seen one about the cops being called. Why is that?

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2092533/

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I despise movies where a character is from Philadelphia and the actor decides to do a stereotypical NYC accent. The "I'm walkin' here" accent and the Philadelphia accent are as far apart as a Southern accent and a Minnesota one.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

What’s a film you watched thinking you knew a massive spoiler, but it turns out to be either nothing important, or what you think happens doesn’t actually occur and was from something else/mishearing.

I was pleasantly surprised today watching Audition for the first time and realizing the thing I thought was ‘the big twist’ is actually from Visitor Q (and sounds like it’s something mentioned right at the beginning).

Spoiler culture is loving stupid. Like say you had a John Henry movie, everyone knows he dies, you could still make a compelling story. Better Call Saul is a prequel show that is better than the show which spawned it and you know where the character is going. Not everything has to be a lame loving surprise.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

In the 2000's I started watching The Office in season 3, HBO's Rome in season 2, and Battlestar Galactica in season 3. When I went back and watched the previous episodes I had never seen before spoilers did not take away from my enjoyment.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Is there really a trope of a movie scene where astronauts have a bbq before the big mission or am I just making that up?? I'm thinking there's got to be at least 5 major movies where this is A Thing.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

wdarkk posted:

Was going to say that it's probably a NASA tradition, since they have a lot of those because superstition isn't exactly incompatible with being a rocket scientist. But apparently they have a traditional breakfast instead.

Rocket scientists definitely have lots of wacky superstitions. For instance, America's greatest rocket scientist believed it was okay to work people to death inside a mountain.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Light spoilers for the show For All Mankind:

My question and my previous post were based entirely on the first episode of the very excellent for All Mankind. I was thinking in my head, where's the astronaut barbeque?? Where's the honest reckoning with Werner Von Braun's past?? Both those things happen in the second episode. The astronaut barbeque even has astronauts in hawaiian shirts.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

TychoCelchuuu posted:

What are some unscripted movies (or movies with scripts that were basically ignored) that aren't already on this list?

Don's Plum

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I think in the classic Romero Dead movies most of the zombie dialogue was improvised.

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 15, 2021

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Dr Strangelove is a comedy??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Youtube removed 1986's Cat City, a Hungarian animated movie that definitely had nobody looking to make money off of, nobody getting up in arms about a copyright violation, simply because Youtube loving sucks and is manned by uncultured cowards.