Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Has any actor ever had a career that balanced fun movies and serious movies and good movies and bad movies more than Brad Dourif? He's got the best career, as a total tapestry, of anybody I can think of.

Ben Kingsley comes to mind. Throughout his career he's been in good and bad movies. He never had a point in his career like Deniro where he just said 'gently caress it'. He's been very consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Groundskeeper Silly posted:

What are some great movies by directors who never made another great movie? I don't care about stuff like The Night of the Hunter by directors who didn't produce a lot, but more like movies like Training Day, where some middling director who has a ton of credits was never able to come close to the success of their most popular film.

It's two movies rather one, but Roland Joffe's first two were The Killing Fields and The Mission. I don't think he's done anything else worth mentioning.