Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hey which version of Dark City am I meant to watch so it doesnt have the spoilery narration also don't spoil me please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

holy gently caress dark city was a trip and by the looks of it the vast majority was done with practical effects too

questions thread so here's a question, having watched the narration on youtube now

why the HELL was that in there

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 11, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The copy I had had the narration, but I turned it off after like the first line and found a director's cut.

That was a seriously great film.

Ebert seems to agree too.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/great-movie-dark-city-2005

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Another question if I may. Ghosts of Mars is one of my favourite go-to mindless films. I feel like I read a thread here a couple years ago discussing 'siege' films, which mentioned Assault on Precinct 13, but also an older Western in that vein. Am I remembering wrong? Was it High Noon? I could be way off base, but I'm certain I read that Mars was based on one of the classic westerns.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Thanks! Also, Ghosts of Mars is far better than it has any right to be.

Oh, Outland must be the High Noon style space remake, his wife just left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

How cold are fire extinguishers? In the film the blob, they use a fire extinguisher to freeze the bioweapon that the US government created that crash lands in a town. Can a fire extinguisher get cold enough to freeze something?

You can get ice crystals forming during discharge. I think youd be pushing it to actually freeze anything though.