Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

coronavirus posted:

I'm guessing you are kinda thinking more character actors but DeNiro actually fits this quite well.

Robin Williams is a really good choice too.

I was thinking Jim Carrey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Is this order of quality? If so I have so many problems with this list.

It’s the chronological order of the movies.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Chronological lists of movies that aren't released in chronological order are loving pointless. Are you one of those assholes who thinks a kid should read The Magician's Nephew before The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe?

I mean... I think I personally did? :shrug:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

feedmyleg posted:

As someone who is also not a big Harry Potter fan (after not really digging the first book years before and not remembering anything from it) I made Prisoner of Azkaban my first movie of the series based on Internet Advice. I was never confused, but I did quickly realize that Harry Potter fans wildly exaggerate how much of his directorial style made it into the film. It never felt distinct from the subsequent films in the series to me—though admittedly I was only half-interested when I was watching them based on how much I enjoyed the supposed "best" of the series.

Yeah, it’s less distinct from the subsequent films as it is from the previous films. The subsequent films just all stole from it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Leavemywife posted:

What does the director of an animated film actually do? Are they just kind of like a general oversight person to see everything coming together at all parts?

The Frozen 2 documentary that got released on Disney+ recently was a pretty interesting look into how an animated flick gets developed, even if you don’t care about Frozen itself.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

In the movie the taken, why is the french guy throwing a party while his illegal girl slave auction is happening in the basement?

Having not watched the movie in a while, I assume it is cover for having a bunch of traffickers converge on his house by making it seem they are just party guests?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

I’ve been to tapings of Letterman and Last Week Tonight.

With Letterman, you had to call in and answer a trivia question about the show. All my family (on a trip to NYC) was trying to call in at once, but I was the only one to get through. I was in high school and had never watched the show, so I got the question wrong and we didn’t get the tickets. We were walking around Times Square later and some guy was just grabbing people off the street to attend, so we still got to go to the taping.

For Last Week Tonight, you had to request tickets online weeks ahead of time. My wife and I were on a trip to NYC and got an email that we apparently weren’t selected to attend. A couple hours before the taping, we got a call that they needed more people so we were able to sneak in for the taping after all.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

happyhippy posted:

Is security really tight for live audiences?
Are you patted down for recording devices or such?

I feel like we went through metal detectors? Either way, it’s not like I didn’t have my phone on me. They definitely tell you not to take an recordings but unless you are blatantly taking a video or something I’m not sure how they’d know.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Leavemywife posted:

What's the twist in Antebellum? I've heard it's really dumb, but I've not seen anyone on this forum just go ahead and state whatever the gently caress it is. I don't care if it's a spoiler.

Haven't seen it, but having read reviews/comments on those reviews, it appears it is the same twist as The Village.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Davros1 posted:

I don't even understand how that would work.

How what would work? I haven't been following this movie at all, but descriptions of the plot and trailers seem to slot in with that sort of twist pretty easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Davros1 posted:

Unless time travel is established as something real in the film, I don't see how someone would just buy that they've time travelled, when in fact, nope it's all fake and it's still the present.

Antebellum: Still haven't seen it, but from reading further reviews with actual spoilers, it appears there is no time travel involved, just that the movie is told non-chronologically.