Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I think one of the implications of them seeing the sky is that yeah the machines aren’t really dependent on the humans- sun’s still there you just have to build up. The Matrix is a prison first and a power source second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Part of my reading is based on knowing the Wachowskis were forced to do the human battery thing and it never quite made sense, and if the machines need power why would the agree to let people leave the Matrix if they choose?

And to a certain extent that’s nitpicking but to me it fits that the machines never really needed the humans, but rather than complete genocide they devised this punishment.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Looking it up apparently the Gaines estate owns all EC's copyrights, but, like... they just refusing to play ball or what?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Disco Pope posted:

I watched Troll 2 with some friends last night, and it was fun, but I feel I've seen films that are more incoherent, dull or less creative than it. The dialogue and acting is awful, and the effects are clearly very cheap but there's little flashes of competence or imagination in it and an intentional gag or performance that works.

Anyway, many yuks were had at the idea it was completely unrelated to the original Troll, and being the pedantic nerd I am who is always a smash at parties, I mentioned that making barely related sequels to popular films isn't entirety uncommon in Italian B-Cinema and I could think of Alien 2: On Earth and Zombi 2 off the top of my head.

Asides from those, are there any other obvious ones I'm missing? I'm also interested in blatant misleading retitling for other markets to, like the Spanish film Night of the Seagulls being sold as Return of the Evil Dead, at least in the UK.

Yeah sometimes it's just taking a movie that already exists and calling it a sequel. In an Italian video store I saw Silent Running labelled as "2002: Second Odyssey" and also "Spaceballs 2" which I think was something called Martians Go Home.

Also there was a "Terminator 2" that's also known as Shocking Dark, but it's also just a virtually-scene-for-scene remake of Aliens for most of its running time.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Lighting is also quite important, most filmmakers agree you should have at least one light. Unless you're outside and it's day in which case you may be able to fake it.