Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
The Team Deakins Podcast has had some good episodes on animated movies and their production process, including what a director does. The most helpful ones for this topic are the interviews with directors from Into the Spider-Verse and How to Train Your Dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Enos Cabell posted:

The original cut of the movie is something insane, like 3+ hours.
One hour each for the planes, the trains, and the automobiles.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Yes, he was in two versions. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052905/ and https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0394887/

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
What are some unscripted movies (or movies with scripts that were basically ignored) that aren't already on this list?

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

FilthyImp posted:

Iron Man, apparently
Already on the list!

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Mr. Toodles posted:

I was thinking about the whole problem with tales from the crypt, and how there can never be a remake or streamed on HBO because everything is in rights hell. How can the cryptkeeper have separate rights than the actual show, since he was the continuous aspect of the show? For that matter, how can music that was played in the show no longer be part of the show? That seems like an actor no longer wanting to be associated with a movie, and preventing its release purely because they are in it. I guess I always assumed that if something (a puppet or a song or an actor) was part of a piece of entertainment it would have been contractually arranged for it to be part of it in perpetuity. I have no idea what Bruce Springsteen songs have been in movies, but as he has sold his music catalog to Sony, can they now say "gently caress you (insert sony competitor studio) movie with Bruce Springsteen song, you no longer get to be viewed unless song x comes out!"?
The Crypt Keeper is a character originally from a comic series. And plenty of music licenses are not for perpetuity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

wicka posted:

Is there any kind of movie rating website, in the vein of IMDB/Rotten Tomatoes/Metacritic, that will let me put together a list of the top rated movies over a specific time period?
Criticker can do this.