Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Inland Empire most of the scenes were made up on the day of. Terence Malick's movies from the last decade are usually scripted so he can get funding but he almost always jettisons them before actually filming.

e: Oh and Soderbergh's recent movie, Let Them All Talk. It's a bit more complex because they had an outline with scripted sections, had the cast improv in rehearsal, and turned that into the script.

Almost Blue fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
It's a coincidence. Coppola is named after Henry Ford, who his father was friends with.

Interestingly though, Francis Ford was a pretty good silent film director (he transitioned fully to acting after sound) and was an enormous influence on John Ford. Like, the famous ending shot in The Searchers was swiped from Francis Ford's The Power God.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

ruddiger posted:

That’s a great example, thanks for reminding me of that. I wonder where that early teaser would’ve landed in the original script.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozz8uxW733Q

I don't think the teaser was actually supposed to be in the movie. It's not directed by Raimi and has a very different style than the rest of the film. There's two shots from it that got used in the movie, but from what I understand that was more of a budgetary thing (they exhausted the budget toward the end of production, which is why there's footage from Lucio Fulci's The Beyond for when Peter mutates from the spider bite).

The finale of the movie did get slightly re-shot after 9/11 but that was to add the New York rally ("you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!") right before Spider-Man fights the Green Goblin.