Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Has any actor ever had a career that balanced fun movies and serious movies and good movies and bad movies more than Brad Dourif? He's got the best career, as a total tapestry, of anybody I can think of.

Seymour Cassell would be in your movie as long as you covered traveling expenses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Another question if I may. Ghosts of Mars is one of my favourite go-to mindless films. I feel like I read a thread here a couple years ago discussing 'siege' films, which mentioned Assault on Precinct 13, but also an older Western in that vein. Am I remembering wrong? Was it High Noon? I could be way off base, but I'm certain I read that Mars was based on one of the classic westerns.

Most of Carpenter’s siege movies are adaptations of or influenced by Rio Bravo.

E: d’oh didn’t see the new page.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CopywrightMMXI posted:

9/11 made it so soldiers are always heroic. You couldn’t do a goofball character like Jack Black’s soldier from Mars Attacks anymore.

Generation Kill had a ton of goofballs, but that was an adaptation of a biographical account of the war.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It’s damaged in the crash. The scene immediately following is it going back to its hotel to cut out the damaged eye and readjust its arm gearing.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is there a list of media that was rewritten/reshot due to 9/11? I just found out about the heavy rewrites to the Matrix sequels and was wondering what other films were compromised due to the anxieties of that event?

I know the Sopranos went through a similar overhaul, but I don’t know if they had major storylines rewritten due to it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hockles posted:

I think the most famous one is the original Spiderman.

https://screenrant.com/spiderman-movie-2002-twin-towers-sam-raimi/

I believe I have also seen that the finale of the first movie was supposed to end with the Twin Towers, but I don't remember anymore.

That’s a great example, thanks for reminding me of that. I wonder where that early teaser would’ve landed in the original script.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozz8uxW733Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Pretty sure the guy who cuts up his face was always a nightbreed but stood in his human form so long he “forgot” how to transcend until he met the protagonist and remembered his previous life as a nightbreed. Kinda like that twilight zone ep about the mannequins.